Yesterday I did the very first ride, of 12 kms, using our OpenSource firmware!! And because I was late for my Zumba class I hadn't time to be gentle with the motor and I always drove at max assist level/power (although I limited on firmware to be max of 15 amps).
I am using a car fuse of 20 amps on the battery cable to protect in case of any short circuit. But the ride went perfect, none problem with the motor, always working at max. The torque and speed were similar to original firmware, if not better, so it is running very well.
What is working:
1. motor runs very well and uses FOC (max efficiency possible)
2. battery voltage:
-- user configuration of battery low voltage value (to avoid battery over discharge), where the battery current used is reduced on low voltage but users will get the max assistance possible up to get the battery fully discharged, the controller never turns off on low voltage
-- no limit of battery max voltage (the only limit is the motor controller hardware: 63V)
3. battery max current: user configuration of max current (max value I tested was 18 amps but higher values are possible to configure -- need brave volunteers here!!)
4. throttle and pedal torque sensor (both can work simultaneous or individually)
5. assist level (used to scale pedal torque sensor value): 5 levels and user can configure the scale ratio of each level
6. wheel speed calculation (user configures on LCD3 the wheel perimeter in millimeters)
I think that now, the adventurer users (with technical knowledge) can test the firmware BUT always using a 20A car fuse and a battery with a BMS, to protect in the case of any short circuit.
Developer of the Flexible OpenSource firmware for EBike motor controllers (TSDZ2
) and displays (Bafang 850C color, SW102 Bluetooth and KT-LCD3).
If you like my work, please consider making a donation. I am being using the donations to buy needed resources for my developments. My paypal: casainho AT gmail.com.