Hyper Power Sport 2000W scooter or Alternative

arf8

1 mW
I'm in the market for a new scooter. I want a brushless with lithium battery. I have spent at least 3 weeks now researching and the more i look the more I find it all leads back to the same source in China with just different sticker.

The most recent fine is hyperpower sport which has a 2000W scooter which looks like the Super scooter but is cheaper. I looked at the youtube video and the owner Rick seems like a real "douche" as others have stated. Is there any other alternative at that price point? I looked on the Alibaba website and the same scooter is going for $450ish without shipping.

Ideally if I can find one bigger than 2000W would be even better but would like to stay around the 1-1200 price range.

thanks

How about finding a used one cheap, locally to you, that might do what you want and works but has an old SLA battery that needs replacing.

Buy that, then change it over to a new Li battery. Either built yourself, or purchased premade.

Depending on the power and range needs, you could probably do it all within your budget.

believe me I have been looking daily on the local sites like craigslist and even ebay. None of the frames support the mods and what has the SLA they are asking what it cost to buy a new one.

I figure might as well buy a new one but I'm concerned about the options and reliability and the seller.

I've bought from hyper power sports...

Not exactly a good experience. If you are not local and you have a problem, expect them to NOT warranty anything. I'm in Colorado and they are in Florida. I had to file a paypal dispute to get them to replace a bad motor controller. Rick, the owner will say anything to make you go away and to NOT actually do anything like fix your issues. So if you are not local to the store, expect similar treatment.

I don't know if quality has improved or not, but my scooter had horrible wiring. That was the first thing to go bad. The wires were twisted together and electrical tape put over the connections. I'm sure a 2 year old could have done a better job! Anyway, on the way home one day shortly after getting it, the light switch cluster starts smoking. Those twisted together wires in the battery bay had shorted together. I wasn't horrified since I had intended to rewire it for more lights and stuff anyway. The short just meant I was doing it sooner than later.

After a couple of months, the controller started failing. It would glitch and would slowly drain the battery. I took it apart and found the large capacitors were bad...after 2 months! It took quite a lot of arguing with Rick and finally a paypal dispute to get a replacement controller.

Later on, I bought a few more parts from him and he basically screwed up those orders and refused to send me my parts which ended in another paypal dispute to get what I ordered. After that...I was DONE...I have nothing good to say about HyperPowerSports. Buyer beware!

Here's my thread on my scooter.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=75177&hilit=kick+scooter+project

Original%20Scooter_zpsapehvtrf.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, I have not heard anything good about that guy and this affirms my decision not to buy from him. I ended up buying directly from a foreign seller and cutting him out the loop. They said it is warrantied for a year. If they don't honor it i'll just call my credit card company and file a dispute. Sadly i don't expect much in support after sale

Would you mind sharing the link to the foreign seller? I took a quick browse on Alibaba but having never used it, I started getting a little confused.

Back