Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

We have tested our e-boat kit :D
Reached speed 10kmh, need higher RPM, motor worked oh half power.
Z939kIZl.jpg

What a cool thing :)

Do you think you can push max current into the motor with those long battery wires?
Wouldn't it be necessary to add additional caps because of the increased inductance?

Good news everyone!
I have designed and started Micro Nucular controller! Some of you may see posts about that on russian forum
2m2tRtGl.jpg

It's a tiny piece of... POWER!
hYG3C7Om.jpg

However i need to run full load tests first, but it seem to be:
70Vmax
120Aph max
70Abat max
There also 100v version may be. I will test them later and ride for a while to check all problems.

Also i have received 12F and testing-assembling them now, who asked for a sample can receive them in near month. New black anodized casing looks super-cool, but photos are not so good.
CNW0XOnl.jpg

New wires are also longer a bit.

About LEVCAN, i made it working, now testing software and multi-controller functionality. It is a lot of work to do else, some of code looks quite shitty now (parameters are quite buggy huh), but we are working on it.

The small size of the 6F is impressive!
Infineon 12F for instance has less power and would take up probably two or three times the space.

What about the menu language will it be available in english?

Good news. Awesome work. Would you please finish the translation job so that a lot of us could buy it ?!

This looks promising !
I subscribed to this thread as I am very interested in the 6F version :wink:

VasiliSk said:
I have updated first message with some information :arrow:

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you may be testing your controller with an LMX motor. Did this ever happen? Finding a FOC controller that works with the LMX motor would be big news.

Looks like common cheap chinese motor. it should work, if bemf is not so square
7OMasRW.jpg

i made some runs for this motor, but without load. it has same steel. However i can't find bemf screenshot..
Oh! i found it. it is soooo square
REdqkVY.jpg

im not shure it's gonna work good. the only chance LMX have changed their winding for better sine.... but..

At least i now know the real reason for sinewave controllers not working. lMX has previously said it is to do with weak hall signals??

This is not exactly lmx motor, but same steel form.
Well, i have designed own digital hall filter for these 'not-so-good' rotors, there possible twice pulse for one commutation. Filter also was tested with MAC motors (new and old), they also have some signal errors. On MAC FOC works good, one my user run with 2kw + temperature limit 120C = 60kmh max

here is motor album:
https://imgur.com/a/Hherr7I

btw lmx should better use new qs motors, black one on photo above. there is 2kW version, but it is really epic and have IPM rotor (goooood flux weakening!) and very nice sine wave and separate hall rotor. I think these can be boosted up to 4x easy

Thanks for sharing the motor album, the Denzel motor measurements are useful for comparison.
I am very interested in the digital filters for hall signals. Do they attach in-line with the hall signal wires? Or am i barking up the wrong tree? Is it something that you would share or sell?

VasiliSk said:
btw lmx should better use new qs motors, black one on photo above. there is 2kW version, but it is really epic and have IPM rotor (goooood flux weakening!) and very nice sine wave and separate hall rotor. I think these can be boosted up to 4x easy

this looks like very good news indeed. I can see an upgrade on the cards. Thanks! :)

Congratulations buddy!

I would be interested in a sample of your highest power density unit with integrated BMS to try on my road bicycle.

Connected today first bafang mid drive motor, i've added support for it's encoder PAS sensor. Really amazing torque for such small motor, it is running on soft currents for now as i don't know how much this can handle. Also i should do some improvements on startup, sometimes have glitches.
Torque sensor still WIP.
Also got some kind of gearsensor. Planning to make special function when you can switch speeds under load, but torque will be limited while switching, not just motor shutdown. So chain will feel good and almost no torque recovery time.

Back