KT LCD3 firmware -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for Kunteng KT-LCD3

tsdz said:
Hi, I follow your project and it is amazing. I was buying TSDZ2, LCD3 and ST programer. Now I like to upload code and can' t. First problem is when I try to compile alway return error. I used stancecoke instructions for Windows. What can I do.
Error message:
new log session
date: 06/30/18
time: 23:10:23
----------------------------------------------------------
STVP_CmdLine version 1.6

Verbose ON
Log activity ON
Display Progress OFF
Message box warning if protect option byte ON
Loop mode OFF
Erase device OFF
Blank check device OFF
Verify device ON

Configuration:
BoardName=ST-LINK ST-LINK_ID=0 Device=STM8S105x6 Port=USB ProgMode=SWIM

>>> Filling PROGRAM MEMORY image in computer with Blank Value
<<< Filling PROGRAM MEMORY image in computer succeeds

>>> Loading file main.ihx in PROGRAM MEMORY image in computer
No such file or directory

I upload LCD_TSDZ firmware on LCD3 and display shows all characters and you can not turn off it. What can be wrong, because I use stlink and your instruction?
It will be so good if you make video tutorials how to install files for WIndows debug and upload it on LCD3.
I can't help you as I do not use Windows. Maybe the other users can help you.

Ok, I erase LCD 3 program memory, data memory and option byte. Can be this problem that I do not have right option bytes?

tsdz said:
Ok, I erase LCD 3 program memory, data memory and option byte. Can be this problem that I do not have right option bytes?
Or you try to get help maybe from Stancecoke or I can only help you on Linux.

Thank you very much. I am better in hardware and programing Atmel devices... So I did not do anything in Linux. Can you maybe make video tutorial how to install compiler on Linux and then upload it to LCD 3. I will be so thankfull.

Hi everyone!

I burn my KT LCD3 :D :mrgreen:

I connect 48V version to 14s battery (about 58V)... Yes, I'm stupid...

When I look inside, I realised that only transistor is blow up (A1013). This is very cheap transistior for about 1$ on aliexpress... but I want to change this transistor to be compatible with my battery (42-60V). What should I choose? Maybe one of you has a 60V version and can check model of transistor? I would be very grateful!!!

AErDb0a.jpg

Sztef89 said:
Hi everyone!

When I look inside, I realised that only transistor is blow up (A1013). This is very cheap transistior for about 1$ on aliexpress... but I want to change this transistor to be compatible with my battery (42-60V). What should I choose? Maybe one of you has a 60V version and can check model of transistor? I would be very grateful!!!

AErDb0a.jpg
I think that transistor can hold 150V, looking at the datasheet. Also seems to hold 1A current. Can you please look at the resistors values and compare to the schematic done by Nieles?? See on https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/kunteng_lcd3/Development.html

I think that from 48V to 73V version, only that resistor change... But this is a guess only.

tsdz said:
Thank you very much. I am better in hardware and programing Atmel devices... So I did not do anything in Linux. Can you maybe make video tutorial how to install compiler on Linux and then upload it to LCD 3. I will be so thankfull.
Sorry no. I am not motivated to do it because I am not good at it -- I am motivated to develop the firmware, not much to write documentation, etc. I really hope the community can help each other here

Sztef89 said:
Hi everyone!

AErDb0a.jpg

Hello,

I was modify few LCD3. There are 7 resistors and some diodes, that you must changed/add and your LCD can work up to 20S.

jernejtech said:
Sztef89 said:
Hi everyone!

AErDb0a.jpg

Hello,

I was modify few LCD3. There are 7 resistors and some diodes, that you must changed/add and your LCD can work up to 20S.
Would be nice to know wh9ch ones and values. Tank you for sharing!!

casainho said:
jernejtech said:
Sztef89 said:
Hi everyone!

AErDb0a.jpg

Hello,

I did this long time ago so here are photo. Resistors from R10 to R17, R7 and R8 must be changed. So on this photo you can see values. And on C3 was added one zener diode.

casainho said:
I think that transistor can hold 150V, looking at the datasheet. Also seems to hold 1A current. Can you please look at the resistors values and compare to the schematic done by Nieles?? See on https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/kunteng_lcd3/Development.html

I think that from 48V to 73V version, only that resistor change... But this is a guess only.

jernejtech said:
casainho said:
jernejtech said:
Hello,

I did this long time ago so here are photo. Resistors from R10 to R17, R7 and R8 must be changed. So on this photo you can see values. And on C3 was added one zener diode.

Thank you guys for your help. In time I buy another KT-LCD3 (60V version) from China and there is another strange problem.
When I want to turn ON (keep power 2 sek) LCD show zero parameters... and then I release button, LCD immediately turn off.

I buy KT-LCD3 on this site:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FreeShipping-ebike-24V-36V-48V-intelligent-KT-LCD3-ktlcd3-Control-Panel-Display-Electric-Bicycle-bike-Parts/32813270498.html

Controller on this site:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-GREENTIME-15-Mosfets-48-84V-1500W-Dual-mode-Sensor-Sensorless-Brushless-DC-Motor-Controller/32218294528.html

Please see video what error looks... I don't know what is wrong. Voltage is about 54V, I connect correcty, other cables I connect with the same colors. Maybe this is problem? Should I try to switch cables green/blue/yellow?
https://youtu.be/dty6gebVP7g

On this film I use inverter but when I connect direct there is the same effect ;)

Do you have ideas to repair? I have 4 pieces 2x 24-48V version and 2x 60V version. I don't belive that all is broken :D

China man tell me that I should buy another controller... They don't ask me what controller I have... :D

This is what he offer me... of course this product is from him store :D
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/ebike-48V-60V-1500W-45A-Electric-bicycle-Brushless-controller-sine-wave-Hall-Sensor-KT-Series-Support/738588_32856150644.html

For me is almost the same what I have:
7X9xXkLr.jpg

If I'm following correctly, it appears you are trying to use an LCD3 display on a controller designed/set up to use a Cycle Analyst (CA) display. I'm pretty sure the LCD3 and CA displays are not interchangeable.

Hi,casainho.
when i downloaded the kt-lcd3 FW and stancecoke'FW successfully,the motor run normally,
lcd3 canbe turned on,but not be turned off,and the UP/DOWN button is useless.
the display showed that liked the picture and no change.

Attachments

• 4444444444447.jpg
    4444444444447.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 4,510
haiyi911 said:
Hi,casainho.
when i downloaded the kt-lcd3 FW and stancecoke'FW successfully,the motor run normally,
lcd3 canbe turned on,but not be turned off,and the UP/DOWN button is useless.
the display showed that liked the picture and no change.
KT-LDC3 OpenSource firmware only supports TSDZ2 mid drive motor OpenSource firmware. For KT controllers, maybe you can ask for support to developers of the OpenSource firmware.

only.dexter said:
A1013 transistor in lcd3 display burn at 54V (fully charged 48V Li-Ion battery)!
Maybe there are a few versions of LCD3 as I have some installed on ebikes with TSDZ2 motor with 14S 52V battery that have 58.8V when fully charged.

Maybe you are using a motor that regens and increase the battery voltage over 60V??

Please, can anyone share the correct option bytes for KT-LCD3 display? Seems like I messed up with it and don't have backup

Hi tsdz2 crew
I had standard display and software.
I have a 750w motor
52v 17.5 ah
About 1600 km

I have a problem
I have no power to my motor.
I was tightening the bottom bracket and (stupidly) compressed the battery wires ( possibly)as they WERE between the chain wheel side and frame.

Could this create a short circuit?

I had pulled apart the controller/ display connection. 1 of the pins was bent. I straightened it with a screw driver and it sparked (even more stupid)
When I turned on the battery the display started automatically. The asst levels changed with the on off button. I had No power with pas but throttle worked and speed sensor did not work.

I thought it may have been a software issue so I re flashed the standard software. Now no throttle and no PAS.
And with a fully charged battery only showed 1 bar. I was able to turn on and off via display button.

I now flashed the open Source Firmware 19 on a new 60v kt-lcd3.

All the functionality is working on the display including battery level and speed sensor is working.
No power of movement from the motor.

I would love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Also how to wire the throttle into this system.

Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam B said:
All the functionality is working on the display including battery level and speed sensor is working.

See on LCD3 if you get the correct information for torque senser and cadence.

casainho said:
adam B said:

Awesome
I’ll try and let you know!

casainho said:
adam B said:

It does not look like it?

Só I would say the motor controller is dead.

Back