Kepler Bottom Bracket Friction Drive For Sale (Finally)

Yes it is.

Price on the pre programmed Arduino interface will be $25 USD
Price on the custom button throttle will also be $25 USD

Also I have revised the programming logic slightly. Please review the "A quick update" post on the previous page.

Hello Kepler,
I'm also interested in a kit can you add me to the waiting list please?

A quick update.

All components are now in and i should have the drives assembled by the end of the weekend. For those who have offered expessions of interest, i will be be sending you a PM over the next few days to confirm you requirements and as sort out payment and shipping details.

Also worth noting that the button throttle has been further developed and now operates as follows:

Single button 2 speed throttle with throttle kill
Using a single momentary switch/button, the drive can be toggled from zero% to 50% throttle by holding the button for a minimum of 2 seconds and a maximum of 4 seconds. This 2 second delay ensures that you won't accidentally switch the drive on by bumping the throttle button.
The drive can also be toggled from zero% to 100% throttle by holding the button for a minimum of 4 seconds.
The drive can then be toggled between 50% and 100% by using a continued 2 second to 4 second button hold.
Any button push less than 2 seconds will immediately kill the throttle.

This programming revision is definitely the best I have come up with so far and has refined the user experience even further. Also being only 2 wire and a single momentary button/switch, it is easier to fit less obvious on the bike.

Hi Kepler,
I'm definitely interested in a kit, however complete you've decided to make it. Please PM me!

Hi all,

Just wanted to send out a big thanks to all that have supported this project and have committed to the project by placing orders.

I am flat out at the moment filling all the orders and will start posting out the mechanics only option and the Mechanics and Throttle option on Monday. All parts are on order for the full kit and should be arriving in the next week or two.

Just finished converting a client's partner's road bike with the drive. This is a small 50cm road bike so the components look a little larger than normal. The verdict is that she loves it and can finally keep up (and out ride) her partner on their group rides.

Anyway, a few shots for your viewing pleasure :)

Attachments

• 20180714_152935.jpg
    20180714_152935.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3,421
  • 20180714_152649.jpg
    20180714_152649.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 3,421
  • 20180714_153007.jpg
    20180714_153007.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 3,420
  • 20180714_150839.jpg
    20180714_150839.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 3,421
Hi,
where can I see the option and how can I order a kit? Also how can I be sure it will fit on my bike?

I was wondering Kep if you have an option for the throttle only. I have one of your earlier versions of your mech but your throttle design looks amazing. :)

I'm certainly planning to document my 'build' - really, my 'assembly' of Kepler's kit. Every day biking, whenever I take a hill, the bridge - or get smoked by friendly lycras on the park loop - I smile and think how it'll be, later in the summer.

I realized now that I already have a fairly button heavy cockpit, what with the remote for Lumos helmet turn signals, the bluetooth audio control button, the Airzound Bike Air Horn - and then this wonderful addition of, essentially, a turbo button :mrgreen: - oh and the boring brakes and shifters, natch.

This whole "can't send PMs" thing, FWIW it doesn't mean they aren't "Sent".

Check this https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=675335 - it's working as designed, from the phpbb docs:

SENT MESSAGES will appear in either the OUTBOX or the SENT MESSAGES folder. As long as the recipient(s) have not yet read the message, it will stay in the OUTBOX. As soon as someone reads the message it will be archived to the SENT MESSAGES folder. If the administrator allows it, you can edit messages after sending them as long as they are in the OUTBOX and the recipients have not yet read them.

I sent a PM to Kepler xuriouasking whether the FOC VESC he had tested/repaired long time ago was what has made it to the kit.

I received notice of a reply from Kepler, but no access/record of it, also ES site down at the time.
I cleared out all PM folders for a fresh start in a ticipation.

gavinc said:

Check this https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=675335 - it's working as designed, from the phpbb docs:

SENT MESSAGES will appear in either the OUTBOX or the SENT MESSAGES folder. As long as the recipient(s) have not yet read the message, it will stay in the OUTBOX. As soon as someone reads the message it will be archived to the SENT MESSAGES folder. If the administrator allows it, you can edit messages after sending them as long as they are in the OUTBOX and the recipients have not yet read them.

Mine went to "Outbox" but then disappeared without getting in the "Sent messages" folder. So yeah, I understand how it is supposed to work, but y'know, it didn't.

Hi Guys,

Has everyone had replies from me? I try to get to them in timely manner but l get around 20 a day so sometimes there is a delay of a day or for me getting back to you. Let me know if i have missed any replies here and I will get back to you ASAP.

A quick update.

I sent half the orders last week. Mostly drive brackets on their own but a few with buttons and interfaces also.

I have received parts to build the rest of the interfaces and have been working to get these built and tested for packing on the weekend. So by the end of this weekend, I will have completed all current orders for drive brackets and throttle interfaces. This was not surprisingly the most popular option. Postage will be carried out this coming Monday.

So that leaves the full kits. Still waiting on a few parts to come in but tracking tells me they are on their way and should arrive very soon. For those waiting on full kits, I am hoping all parts to be in next week with the next weekend taken up with assembly and testing. Postage then planned following Monday.

Thanks for your pariences everyone. I am sure you all realise this is not my day job and I am doing my best to get these drives out to you all in a timely manner.

Thanks again for all your support and i hope you all enjoy the drive as much as i do.

For those holding back, good news is that I will have a second batch of drives back from the laser cutters next week so there shouldn't be any hold up on future orders.

Also I have completed the updated manuals for both the DIY version and the full kit version. For all those people who have purchased drives, expect the latest manual to to be emailed to you in the next few days.

Attachments

• 20180726_174350.jpg
    20180726_174350.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,098
dods2 said:
Hi,
where can I see the option and how can I order a kit? Also how can I be sure it will fit on my bike?

Hi Dods2,

Lots of info on bike fit at the start of this thread. If you are interested, please send me a PM and we can discuss further

Tezca said:
I was wondering Kep if you have an option for the throttle only. I have one of your earlier versions of your mech but your throttle design looks amazing. :)

Sure no problems with the throttle interface. Send me a PM and we can discuss your best option. The interface is something i am really pleased with especially please with and has really enhanced the overall riding experience.

deepfraught said:
I sent a PM to Kepler xuriouasking whether the FOC VESC he had tested/repaired long time ago was what has made it to the kit.

I received notice of a reply from Kepler, but no access/record of it, also ES site down at the time.
I cleared out all PM folders for a fresh start in a ticipation.

Hi Deepdraught,

I figured out that I blew that Vesc running too higher kV motor and not setting the eRPM in the vesc low enough to protect it. This motor was a 320kv motor. Since then I have stuck with no higher then 260kV and haven't had a problem since. BTW, that repaired vesc is still going strong 5000km later.

I do use a different brand now though in the kits. I am using the FlipSky Vesc and 190 kv motor. Excellent quality and no issues to date.

Shoot me another PM if there is anything you need to discuss with me.

Aeron said:
gavinc said:

Mine went to "Outbox" but then disappeared without getting in the "Sent messages" folder. So yeah, I understand how it is supposed to work, but y'know, it didn't.

Hi Aeron. Let me know if I have missed a PM. Cheers.

Back