Luna Cycle's "world's safest battery" lacking MSD

tomjasz said:
Raisedeyebrows said:
wineboyrider said:
Japan probably makes millions of ebike batteries? :idea:

That is what I was asking previously, ebikes are very popular in Japan, replacement batteries must be available at the many Ebike stores in Tokyo and elsewhere in the country.

I wasn't aware Luna is making their own batteries other than the Wolf pack ones which they aren't even selling to the public unless you purchase one of their bikes, I hope they do start making all their batteries in house. I often wonder why there isn't several companies mass producing Ebike batteries in the US, seems like the market is there at this point and consumers will be chomping at the bit to buy quality packs produced in the US that don't have to be shipped internationally.

Price. Those that do build want to make a fair living. How could anyone compete with China labor costs. AllCell is spendy! Most are happy with cheap prices(builds).

I'd like to see a good list of who is producing packs for sale in the US, both custom and mass produced, I'm sure this has been done before here, it would be a good reference for those looking for that info.

Raisedeyebrows said:
tomjasz said:
Raisedeyebrows said:
wineboyrider said:
Japan probably makes millions of ebike batteries? :idea:

That is what I was asking previously, ebikes are very popular in Japan, replacement batteries must be available at the many Ebike stores in Tokyo and elsewhere in the country.

I wasn't aware Luna is making their own batteries other than the Wolf pack ones which they aren't even selling to the public unless you purchase one of their bikes, I hope they do start making all their batteries in house. I often wonder why there isn't several companies mass producing Ebike batteries in the US, seems like the market is there at this point and consumers will be chomping at the bit to buy quality packs produced in the US that don't have to be shipped internationally.

Price. Those that do build want to make a fair living. How could anyone compete with China labor costs. AllCell is spendy! Most are happy with cheap prices(builds).

I'd like to see a good list of who is producing packs for sale in the US, both custom and mass produced, I'm sure this has been done before here, it would be a good reference for those looking for that info.

Sadly the list is very short and the prices very high. Except for those that create the illusion of USA made.

I was just thinking of something, Battery Insurance is surely very high and I bet there is only a handful of insurance companies that provide it to companies who build/sell batteries.

FL bomber said:
EMP... ebike Marketplace out of Nevada. They can make you a pack.
Have you used their services?

I have purchased one battery pack from em3ev, and two battery packs from Luna Cycle. All three are working great.

I also have two 18V battery packs from Makita, and two 56V battery packs from EGO for my mower and weed wacker. None of them...NONE...arrived with an MSDS. I charge them in my garage, and I sleep well every night. Maybe I'm nuts, maybe I am a reckless risk-taker (won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!). I have scars, and I don't encourage anyone to do what I do.

At least the gasoline in my two cars is not flammable...wait, what?

I've only ever seen MSDS for individual cells from the cell manufacturer. I cant say I've seen one at the pack level. I would have thought if you know the cells in the pack you can obtain the MSDS for them from the cell manufacturer. Its been a long time since I've bought a pack - I've built my own since then and hence shipping individual cells rather than packs.

Either way, the MSDS sheet for the cells provided to the freight company might be an option to at least get what you paid for?

I have used in the past, and would use in the future, em3ev for packs. I didn't appreciate the quality of their work when I purchased a pack back in the day. But having since disassembled a few different packs and have built my own, and have opened up the one I purchased from them - I appreciate their work and the attention to safety in pack construction ten fold. Further, when I had issues with a charge socket it was sorted without fuss or mucking about and my questions were answered reasonably etc.

I find the different approaches taken by different businesses in the same industry interesting. These days I see a problem/product issue etc as an opportunity to thrive rather than a downer/failure - if the supplier takes it seriously and makes good, they have just obtained a long term customer with repeated purchases! 8)

FL bomber said:
tomjasz said:
FL bomber said:
EMP... ebike Marketplace out of Nevada. They can make you a pack.
Have you used their services?
The local ebike shop recommended them. So I've been contemplating ordering a 72v 40ah pack. Made from LG M50 or Samsung 48g. But I am concerned with the voltage sag from high internal resistance of those cells.

Back