Battery Bro is Grade-A Legit

Inline in RED

www.recumbents.com said:
Methods - I'm building a 12S x 8P pack using the Agnisium modules.

Link? What are "Agnisium modules"? Sounds interesting - search gave me no hit

I already had a 12S x 4P pack that I have barely used so I just need another 48 cells. The 4P pack worked fine but was a bit saggy and not enough capacity to do my hilly 15 mile commute in style, so I'm hoping 8P will be zippier. My ride usually consumes 1Ah/mile so that should give me plenty of capacity.

Ah... saggy is no fun.
If you report in WH/Mile instead of AH/Mile others can compare apples to apples with you.

3.7V * 12 = 44.4V
44.4V * 1Ah/mile = 44.4Wh/mile

I have always been about a 50wh/mile to 55wh/mile rider
Others who were with me typically run 25wh/mile
But... All I do is accelerate

- as for cell count... I just did not want you to come up short... and ... sometimes when you buy extra we end up getting to see side projects, like cool lights, aux packs, etc.

Maggie at BatteryBro replied yesterday. Apparently they had an internet issue. They have good prices and the shipping seems reasonable. She said 8-10 day delivery. I'll be ordering the cells soon.

Thanks for the update :)

Yea man i currently charge 0.00% markup on battery cells lol, but yes, being thorough is the only way 2 b. Honestly i was told by a friend to use liion before I bought thru BBro, one of the nerdier regrets in my life. Ever since i found this vendor corner I’ve been dishing some pent up truth about shite quality parts that can totally derail a cool project...... and Sunkko is next (dun dun Dunnnn)

And PS, if you read the alt e thread called ‘this section has the wrong name,’ you can find out why i now have an official endless sphere troll, hence why my offensive, ignorant, diabolical research question - about offgrid solar charging - post is apparently flagged.

the e wind said:
Yea man i currently charge 0.00% markup on battery cells lol, but yes, being thorough is the only way 2 b. Honestly i was told by a friend to use liion before I bought thru BBro, one of the nerdier regrets in my life.

Ok. Dumb question. Did you "regret" buying from BBro or Liion? Sorry. It is easy to confuse me. :oops:

garolittle said:
Ok. Dumb question. Did you "regret" buying from BBro or Liion? Sorry. It is easy to confuse me. :oops:

No such thing, I also get turned around quite easily. I regret spending a dime with battery bro, and i also regret not listening to my battery expert/friend’s advice, who recommended me liion before i purchased from battery bro.

the e wind said:
garolittle said:

No such thing, I also get turned around quite easily. I regret spending a dime with battery bro, and i also regret not listening to my battery expert/friend’s advice, who recommended me liion before i purchased from battery bro.

Roger that and thanks for your feedback. I recently ordered from Liion and was pleased with the results.

The 48 Samsung 25R Batteries arrived today via FedEx ground. The shipping box was well packed. They were individually packed in groups of 2 in green boxes. Each battery has white stickers over the Samsung printing, which I think is now required by law. They look like they are genuine. Total time from order to arrival was 14 days. Communication was good bordering on excessive. I got about 5 emails throughout the shipping process, and 2 text messages including one at 4:30AM.

Each of the 48 cells was measured at 3.52V.

This process was a huge difference from the last Samsung 25R battery purchase I made which was from Luna in which there was no communication, and the 50 bare 18650 cells were just thrown into a box to rattle around.

This was a good purchase experience.

Warren

Good feedback. Thanks for sharing your experience. It’s really strange for me. I placed an order and received the batteries without any issue several months ago. I recently requested a quote for about 500 batteries and I’ve yet to hear a response (even after several more attempts).

Back