Vector bike and frame owners.

Okay, looks like it will all be cleared up.
Reply back from Artur, a new top cup will be sent out.
I was under the impression these cups were welded on.
My other bike the has the cups welded on.
So, I'm happy.

I bought my Typhoon frame in the end of May, just compeleted the bike a couple of weeks ago. I haven't motorized it, but I have been riding it around as a bicycle and it works very well.

There was originally a problem with the frame, the swingarm was not symmetrical, it had a 2mm height diffenence, so the wheel would not sit straigt in the dropout. I only noticed it after I had installed the rear brake and I noticed a rubbing sound when turning the wheel, so I looked at the caliper and I immediately saw what problem was. I first had some trouble convincing the Vector support that there actually was a problem, they first said that the caliper does'nt have to be straight relative to the swingarm or something like that. After a while I got the point across and they agreed that the swingarm was not properly made.
They sent a new swingarm and covered the shipping for the old one, so in the end I got what I paid for without any additional costs, and I'm very thankful for that, because I know from experience that not all ebike sellers would provide this kind of service.

One thing I want to mention is that if you buy the moto seat, it can't be bolted on directly with the included nuts, you need to buy spacers. (I think neccesary mounting hardware should be included) I bought these aluminum clearence spacers on Ebay, and they fit perfectly. (I chose 12mm length)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-Clearance-Aluminium-10mm-O-D-spacer-bush-PICK-LENGTH-8mm-35mm/282625428740?hash=item41cdc9cd04:m:mDrcfT68EvXmY0CXTb6JGiA

Ok, good they fixed your problem. Hopefully my small problem will be solved in the end to.
/Lars Persson

elmannen said:
Ok, good they fixed your problem. Hopefully my small problem will be solved in the end to.
/Lars Persson

No problem is too small really. If something is just a millimeter off, it wont work. Hope you get the headset fixed :)

elmannen said:
Did you get the missing rear shock mount to ?
And they send it totally free?
Yes, with regards to the rear shock mount
Not sure about shipping.
But, I have still on order with them the rear shock and battery.

pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.
Good to hear, Just out of curiousity, how many washers did you guys get for the swingarm linkage bolt?

Ghost Rider said:
pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.
Good to hear, Just out of curiousity, how many washers did you guys get for the swingarm linkage bolt?
I have 3 washers, how many am I suppose to have?

That's what I have too. I was a little confused when I got mine because I thought there were supposed to be 4, but Vector said it's correct, they said it's not suposed to be a washer under the bolt head.

elmannen said:
I got 3 washers to but i think i will put one under the bolt anyway
Yeah, I did that too :)

What do you guys think about the length of the headtube? I was a little surprised by was how long it is, it seems that the older Vector frames had shorter headtubes. I have a Boxxer Race on my bike and I have about 193mm of travel left. I guess it's designed around a fork with longer stanchions.

pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.

Free shipping! I will send them with your battery. Also as we find out from you unpacking video, there was no dent (or it was not visible on video) during first unpacking. But anyway, we will provide you with new cup and bearing for headset. Also I will send rear shock mount with bolts. We will send you tracking number today. Thank you for being active on forum and honest feedback!

Ghost Rider said:
elmannen said:
I got 3 washers to but i think i will put one under the bolt anyway
Yeah, I did that too :)

What do you guys think about the length of the headtube? I was a little surprised by was how long it is, it seems that the older Vector frames had shorter headtubes. I have a Boxxer Race on my bike and I have about 193mm of travel left. I guess it's designed around a fork with longer stanchions.

Length of the headtube was the same. If you ise new fork or you use fork with long headtube, you wont have any problems at all. We even use spacers on unused tube section for DNM forks. I had this problem only if i tried to use olf forks from other mtbs, when they are cutted too short..

Ghost Rider said:
I bought my Typhoon frame in the end of May, just compeleted the bike a couple of weeks ago. I haven't motorized it, but I have been riding it around as a bicycle and it works very well.

There was originally a problem with the frame, the swingarm was not symmetrical, it had a 2mm height diffenence, so the wheel would not sit straigt in the dropout. I only noticed it after I had installed the rear brake and I noticed a rubbing sound when turning the wheel, so I looked at the caliper and I immediately saw what problem was. I first had some trouble convincing the Vector support that there actually was a problem, they first said that the caliper does'nt have to be straight relative to the swingarm or something like that. After a while I got the point across and they agreed that the swingarm was not properly made.
They sent a new swingarm and covered the shipping for the old one, so in the end I got what I paid for without any additional costs, and I'm very thankful for that, because I know from experience that not all ebike sellers would provide this kind of service.

One thing I want to mention is that if you buy the moto seat, it can't be bolted on directly with the included nuts, you need to buy spacers. (I think neccesary mounting hardware should be included) I bought these aluminum clearence spacers on Ebay, and they fit perfectly. (I chose 12mm length)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M8-Clearance-Aluminium-10mm-O-D-spacer-bush-PICK-LENGTH-8mm-35mm/282625428740?hash=item41cdc9cd04:m:mDrcfT68EvXmY0CXTb6JGiA

We now make another motoseats mounting design. No problems with mounting or nuts.

About swing arm, it was realy wrong geometry swing arm, thank you for helping us. As only you showed us a photo of it on a flat surface it was obvious differemce in dropout positions. I had a serious talk with our control line about it. :evil:
Thank you for helping us become better!

pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Just got my frame some days ago. After some closer look i found 2 things thats not so good.

1: There is a big dent in the fitting for the bearing in the stearing tube.
2: The bottom bracket is very stiff to turn.
/Lars Persson

20180821_210110.jpg

Well, after getting to this part of the thread, I decided to take a closer look at the Typhoon frame a received today and sure an behold I have dent on the top of the stearing tube too! The bearing just won't go in.

I will now put some extra layer of soft material in this area of headset cups for extra protection, also i have designed interesting print for our carton boxes, hope it will help :)

Print_ONbox.jpg

Artur said:
pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.

Free shipping! I will send them with your battery. Also as we find out from you unpacking video, there was no dent (or it was not visible on video) during first unpacking. But anyway, we will provide you with new cup and bearing for headset. Also I will send rear shock mount with bolts. We will send you tracking number today. Thank you for being active on forum and honest feedback!

Yeah no problem man and thanks for taking care of the situation. If it wasn't for ES I probably would have never got into electric bikes, but going a 3rd bike since starting in 2011.
I don't trust any shipping companies now a days, they just throw your s h i t all over the place. All ways best to product the item as best as you can. Tnx again

Artur said:
pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.

Hopefully i will also get my cup and rear shock mount :wink:

elmannen said:
Artur said:
pucksterpete said:
elmannen said:
Not sure about shipping.

Hopefully i will also get my cup and rear shock mount :wink:

Already packed in my car. :wink:

When ordering a rear shock from Vector, does it come with the 2 mounting bolts?

pucksterpete said:

No, this is independent parts. If you need them let me know. We have modified bolts. Now they comes without thread where shock and frame are. Only where the nut goes. Look on a web page.

Artur said:
pucksterpete said:

No, this is independent parts. If you need them let me know. We have modified bolts. Now they comes without thread where shock and frame are. Only where the nut goes. Look on a web page.
Well, I need them, so please throw them in with the shock, shock mounting bolt, battery, top cup & bearing
Tnx

Artur said:
pucksterpete said:

Hi, Artur. Could you explain why you switched to bolts without threads?

Back