Finished project: Super Light Carbon Ebike

qwerkus

10 kW
Hello,

I finished my second Ebike Projekt (first was a TSDZ2 build) and wanted to share the results here hoping to inspire others. Special thanks to all forum members who helped me (Spinningmagnets, D8ve, Amberwolf, Fetcher...). Would have been much more difficult without.

First some impressions:

GY8QOAF.jpg

dChl54V.jpg

UMicdIC.jpg

L8PzT9l.jpg

gguAgzu.jpg

8TzyQr3.jpg

The base bicycle was already a top of the line 28" simplon full carbon ebike, so it was hard for me to mess this completely up. Motorization is achieved with the tiny Xiongda YTW-06 Motor, 48V, 350W Max and just 1.6Kg (measured). Controller is lishui, and the display is from topology, specially programmed to work with the lishui controller. There is an output for a throttle, but I don't really need it.

More on the battery later.

Very nice build! That bottle battery looks great! I really like how you incorporated the Rosenberger magnetic connector into the top of the bottle. Very fancy! I love that little display you have. Can you share a link to where you got it from?

I'm also using a YTW-06 in my bike and have been pretty happy with it. I'm running mine at 48V 12A and haven't had any issues so far.

zro-1 said:
I love that little display you have. Can you share a link to where you got it from?

I'm also using a YTW-06 in my bike and have been pretty happy with it. I'm running mine at 48V 12A and haven't had any issues so far.

The display is from topology - not sure you can get it standalone. I put the kit together with the help of https://greenpedel.en.alibaba.com/
It has to be flashed to work with the lishui controller, but since I already did it once, maybe you can ask greepedel to ship you the same model.

Qwerkus - have just found this thread and wonder if you could post some info on the battery you used in this lightweight build.

Many thanks
Paul

Storyline said:
Qwerkus - have just found this thread and wonder if you could post some info on the battery you used in this lightweight build.

Many thanks
Paul

Sorry for the late reply. The battery is home-brew. 80mm Aluminium bottle if found on the internet, and 13s2p cells inside. The trick is to cleanly cut ou a 2cm ring out of the upper part of the bottle, than cut through the ring, and use it a muff to join the top and the bottom part of the bottle. On side glued, the other bolted. Than I was lucky to find out that the ropd connector fits exactly into the bottle opening!

You fit 13s2p in that little bottle with a Rosenberger connector?! Are you using a BMS with it?

I currently have my 13s2p in a seat bag, which is fine, but if I could build a stealthy little bottle like you did (with a BMS) I'd be ordering parts right this second.

zro-1 said:
You fit 13s2p in that little bottle with a Rosenberger connector?! Are you using a BMS with it?

I currently have my 13s2p in a seat bag, which is fine, but if I could build a stealthy little bottle like you did (with a BMS) I'd be ordering parts right this second.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Yes, cheap chinese 13s15A Bms inside. Controller is factory set to 11A max anyway. this bottle is a perfect fit

Hello,

what type of controller and PAS has been provided with the kit? I've a display similar to yours and i'm struggling to make it working, and I'm also trying to use double hall PAS sensor without success...

Double hall pedal sensors are usually handed. Take it off the bike and test it 4 ways: 2 ways of magnet disk orientation (flip) and 2 ways of rotation (clockwise and anticlockwise). Only one of the 4 possibilities will work. When you know which way, you know how to install it on the crank.

As usual you are correct MadRhino, but its too "clean" and glistening, too much eye candy and curb appeal. Too many eyes will be looking its way.

Fugly bicycles are an anti-theft mechanism.

MadRhino said:
Very neat, and stealth.

markz said:
As usual you are correct MadRhino, but its too "clean" and glistening, too much eye candy and curb appeal. Too many eyes will be looking its way.

MadRhino said:
Very neat, and stealth.

The opposite is also true.
I mean, hard to steal a bike when there is always some people gathered around to look at it. :twisted:

How is the xiongda YTW-06 holding up?

MadRhino said:
markz said:

MadRhino said:
Very neat, and stealth.

The opposite is also true.
I mean, hard to steal a bike when there is always some people gathered around to look at it. :twisted:

Ebike thieves should be treated the same as horse thieves 150yrs ago. The scum better be prepared to pay the ultimate price if they try to take any of mine.

Great job on the ebike Qwerkus! I hope you get a lot of mileage with it.

John in CR said:
Ebike thieves should be treated the same as horse thieves 150yrs ago...
I don’t remember. I am only half that old. :D

Was it the era of tarring and feathering, or just hanging ?
It is easy to train a horse to eject any unknown rider. My street bike is somewatts like that. :wink:

Here we have had a real problem with bike thieves. We got rid of them with bait bikes. One summer was enough for all of them to know this neighborhood is a freaking dangerous place to steal a bike. :mrgreen:

markz said:
SNC Lavalin to be precise :wink:

MadRhino said:
Here we have had a real problem with thieves.

The administrators of SNC-LAVALIN were worse than thieves. A bunch of crooks that deserve to be condemned for organized crime. One got a gift of 2 years home detention, another one got away because of ‘Jordan decision’, a middle man is serving the only serious detention... in Switzerland. All the other administrators so far, are free.

There seems to be a lot of mob ties in QC compared to other provinces. Maybe its just cuz it comes out more so over there, and is hidden everywhere else. Wont think too much into it tho.

markz said:
There seems to be a lot of mob ties in QC compared to other provinces. Maybe its just cuz it comes out more so over there, and is hidden everywhere else. Wont think too much into it tho.

The 3 bigger urban areas in Canada are infested with white collar crime related to politics and business. They are not different than any other big cities in the world. The more they make the news, is an indicator of how hard we fight them.

any new input on the ytw-06 rear hub noise level and drag resistance?

Back