"Edge" DD hubmotor, 1500W, 35mm, Al core

999zip999 said:
Well I hooked it up to my powervelocity 18fet to test with 24s A123 20ah ( 84v but stays at 80 - 78v ) at 60amps 4,200 watts plus regen. Just have the v2.3 CA so no temp.30 minutes latter it was hot so poured a water on it. The only stuff on the back was a graphite like oily powder that is wiped off with alcohol nothing that look like glue.
I do have a second 1,500 and a hall went out I open it up and the yellow hall pcb was cold soldiered so just heat it up. But when taking apart the outer sheath on the wire gets a tear on both. Maybe so soap or snot on the wire cover. To put more shrink tube you have to dissect the six pin white connector and for phase wires I use the golden bullet 4mm. I also have a 15 fet powervelocity and v3 CA for it.

How H! was the regen set to
I am trying to know at how many amps are the magnets going to fall out
In my area the edge has to climb manly hills during a 40 mile+ ride
so far the highest temps I have of seen is the upper 80's c during a climb
at 6000+ watts 80 amps but when you level out it cools down fairly quick like

Hey I melted a muxus 3,000 v1 5t with my setup same trail. Yes high regen with clamp down T.A. I think stop and go plus the heat of regen. Using kool- stop rim brakes. What ever they used for glue turned to black smeary graphite or like they didn't even use anything.

999zip999 said:
Who is selling the Edge motor right now or parts ?

Either Alan Electric Race Technologies OR
Barent West Coast Electric Cycles
I get my 205 V2 35mm motors from them

Both Good guys to work with
They are members here

I will try a little harder to reach either one of them as their websites seem to be sold out or offline ?
I was hoping to find someone with a melted motor who could sell me some magnets.

999zip999 said:
I will try a little harder to reach either one of them as their websites seem to be sold out or offline ?
I was hoping to find someone with a melted motor who could sell me some magnets.

Afraid I haven't melted any of the 35mm DD hubs yet.
If you need MXUS 45mm rotor parts, I've got plenty in a pile in my shop. Most with fried hall sensors or mangled phases.

So where can I find EDGE 1500w hub motor atm?
Wcec seems to have something similar to the edge.
ERT all out of stock.. And LAebike is moving facility..

L3chef said:

That's the place to get it for now. I have the 6T (~7.7kv) edge 1500w , running 24s on a 26" MTX39 rim. I'll hit it with 45 amps (4000w) on a WCEC 18fet (for 15-20 sec), and she'll do every bit of +52mph. Trying to ease into the throttle, pulling 2500w and plenty of regen will heat it up. As long as you keep moving, it stays cool, but once you stop, the heat soaking comes into play. It will get hot!

I'm going to try hubsinks and statorade on this motor to see how well it sheds heat. But I may go with a 45mm motor from WCEC anyways.

hypertoric_amplituhedron said:
L3chef said:

That's the place to get it for now. I have the 6T (~7.7kv) edge 1500w , running 24s on a 26" MTX39 rim. I'll hit it with 45 amps (4000w) on a WCEC 18fet (for 15-20 sec), and she'll do every bit of +52mph. Trying to ease into the throttle, pulling 2500w and plenty of regen will heat it up. As long as you keep moving, it stays cool, but once you stop, the heat soaking comes into play. It will get hot!

I'm going to try hubsinks and statorade on this motor to see how well it sheds heat. But I may go with a 45mm motor from WCEC anyways.

Thanks!
I have to go the alibaba way since I´m from north europe and VAT + shipping would be ridiculous high.

L3chef said:
hypertoric_amplituhedron said:
L3chef said:

Thanks!
I have to go the alibaba way since I´m from north europe and VAT + shipping would be ridiculous high.

I don't know if you will find a 2005 35mm V2 on alibaba
hit up Barent at WCEC OR Alan at ERT and see what they can do for yo
Up date on my 205 35mm V2 doing great on my EEB I went into the controller
and uped the game now I see 90+amps on the CA at 78v x 90 amps = 7020 watts with a 26 inch rear tire
and the edge is hang in and bang in 80 to 90 c with out stator aid
next project is to test out WCEC 45mm V3 smoking in the boys room

I talked to one of those guys, but he wouldn't shipp to europe wich is understandable. So I bought a mxus v3 3000w 4t from mxus at alibaba. Will be shipped now on monday.
Cheap controller, ebrakes, mxus motor laced in 19" moto wheel, throttel, pas , lcd display for just abov 400€ with shipping. Not bad imo.
Don't know if I will use the controller but it's a good backup to have.

L3chef said:
I talked to one of those guys, but he wouldn't shipp to europe wich is understandable. So I bought a mxus v3 3000w 4t from mxus at alibaba. Will be shipped now on monday.
Cheap controller, ebrakes, mxus motor laced in 19" moto wheel, throttel, pas , lcd display for just abov 400€ with shipping. Not bad imo.
Man U did real good that 3K V3 in the 19 inch moto wheel will be awesome
Best of luck 2 ya

Green Werks said:
L3chef said:
Man U did real good that 3K V3 in the 19 inch moto wheel will be awesome
Best of luck 2 ya

Thanks mate! Hyped as F. to get started on my first build :)

EDGE HEADS Dudes this thread smoking hot
Just to breath a little life into it
now running 2 x 52v 24ah bats = 100 amp con. 140 burst 48ah ( luna Panasonic GA cells )
only sagged 6v pulling 94 amps momma mea dats a some spicy pizza 94.39 amps x 52.9 v = 4993 watts
Hear is a update94.39 amps.jpg

Confirming I still have a few if anyone is still looking. I worked with Barent on the US/AUS development. Cheers

48ah in a trike at 100A on of these.. i'm jealous.

On my upright bike with the leaf, i could only fit so much battery and keeping the front end on the ground at 80A was hard.. i can't imagine how much fun you are having on that recumbent!

nemw-2.jpg
neptronix said:
48ah in a trike at 100A on of these.. i'm jealous.

On my upright bike with the leaf, i could only fit so much battery and keeping the front end on the ground at 80A was hard.. i can't imagine how much fun you are having on that recumbent!

The recumbent is one of my favorite things it is awesome
I have retired and now will devote all my efforts to building testing and selling endure bikes and doing recumbent and bicycle conversions I also deal in scooters that I hop up
This is my new site check it out www.epower.guru
I upgraded the wiring on the edge motor cause I started to notice that the phase wires on the motor only, were getting warm when I would hit it with 94 amps
the motor wires on the edge are much smaller than the phase wires on the 18 fet controllers that I use from alan at ERT
so I upgraded the stock motor harness with a Grinn motor cable 12 gauge phase wires and now the motor harness does not get warm and the motor pulls from what I have seen harder so awesome that I crashed it doing donut burnouts and it threw me out of the seat and I skidded along the black top like a dum ass at almost 70 years old that was the last time that I rode it then the weather went to hell in a hand bag
Message behind the story upgrade the edge harness with a heavier gauge wire, set your CA and controller at 100 amps
mount the motor to a 20 inch rear wheel and put it on a trike and you 2 can go out and hurt your self just like I did
WO NELLY Hey Yall Watch diss.
peace Bill.
Just a little eye candy I upgraded the rear wheel and tire for the edge with it's new wires it is the largest BMX 20 inch rim and tire I could find tire is a 20/2.50

L3chef said:

Is it sine wave + variable regen controller you have? I need a new kit

cwah said:
L3chef said:

Is it sine wave + variable regen controller you have? I need a new kit

It's a Kunteng 60a 72v and they claim it's sine wave. And regen

Ok thanks. It's normal regen only then? No variable regen? (1 throttle for acceleration and 1 for regen) and only sensored but not sensorless?

I'll stick with my phaserunner for now then lol

Back