Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Support for torque PAS sounds great and also the thing with the gearsensor (which i think is difficult to deal with to make the torque interruption smooth).

Will the controller support field weakening (in FOC mode), and if yes, will it be possible to set a flux weaken current in ampere, or will it be some kind of phase shift in degree?

Whats the PWM frequency?

One Chinese supplier of those Sempu Torque sensors has told me that I can have one made to T3 specification, which is the same as the T4 but with ISIS crank connection instead of square taper, at no increase in cost. For serious mountain bikes, that is good news.
Watching your progress with interest!

This torque sensor is quite interesting thing... opens a door to new human power measurement
lHo0fqq.png

This is me, pedaling

VasiliSk said:
FW already supported and can be used, setup current in ampere
PWM 20-25khz

Can PWM frequency be set manually?
How is it progressing?

VasiliSk said:
This torque sensor is quite interesting thing... opens a door to new human power measurement

This is me, pedaling

Agreed on the torque sensor thing -- I've been experimenting with strain gauges on ebikes for several years and keep finding surprising uses for them.

On the top graph in your post, what are the "Time" units used ... seconds?

VasiliSk said:
rowbiker, it is milliseconds. How did you use them?
My torque tester happy now, it works how it should be. Also i want to add torque-proportional control, not only human watts, this will help to start from zero.
Thanks for "Time" explanation. BTW, I'm impressed by your ability to peg 500 watts of human power -- I'd hate to have you get angry at me and kick my butt!

I mostly use strain gauges to measure the amount of pull a rider exerts on the 'power lever' used to propel a "rowbike" (see rowbiker.com for an example of this bike). My best results are from mounting 4 strain gauges (in a Wheatstone bridge configuration) on the bike's handlebars, two on each side of the midpoint, and sending the resulting strain (torque) data to a throttle input, via an instrumentation amplifier circuit. I'm hoping to eventually also calculate human watts from this, but I'm not yet measuring 'stroke' cadence.

I'd got sur-ron with 60T rear sprocket, quickly equipped battery and 12F controller for test ride..
lZvkDl3l.jpg

200Aph 120Ab 60V with peak 7250W, max speed 55kmh.
Well, it looks like almost original controller with 48T, accelerates quickly but have more power. (even more if equip 20S-22S battery)
But i think this kind of device needs 24F controller for really fun ride, so now i have new goal :)

24 Fet controller. Nice!
That's a good looking unit you got there, like the blue color. What you reckon max peak power for the sur ron will be when you get your new 24 fet controller ready? And what will be max safe voltage to run?

There must be really high demand of Nucular controller with much higher power, as you instantly mention 24F and not 18F :lol:

I wonder what would be better (the pros and cons) in terms of FET size, as for instance 12F controller with top 100V TO247 size FET's, VS 18F or 24F controller with top 100V TO220 size.

btw: which FET's do you use for the actual 12F controller?
Any news about the availability?

Only thing we make better than electronics - is queues, haha
I have just finished and tested new software updater based on LEVCAN, so it is almost ready for shipping WW (i need to translate everything, this is fast) , but we have some plastic parts that are handmade, they takes a lot of time to make : ( I need to make injection molds for faster production but they are pricy. I will PM you, when i got one ready for shipping. I don't have exact time since it is always moving

I do not want to make 18F coz it is not so far from 12F, instead i will make 24F. And yes, i have also requests for this size controllers, but for a start i will make only few prototypes.
I don't like TO247 fets, these are not so good in datasheet and always more expensive. I'm using only TO220

On October we will attend in https://mondial.tech/ startups. I will take some kits with me.

VasiliSk said:
Owner of bike planning to make 20S battery.. with 200Ab max, so 15kW.
Absolute limit for 24F controller may be 25kW

Sweet! I like it a lot. Exciting times for hi powered e-bikers. Man I look forward to see the first tests of this bad boy.

VasiliSk said:
Owner of bike planning to make 20S battery.. with 200Ab max, so 15kW.
Absolute limit for 24F controller may be 25kW

Hello Vasili,

very good news. Like your new 24F controller and could I preorder 3 units for my Hi-Power-E-Trikes

BR
ecross

Aeron said:
Nice ! I can't wait to get my hands on one :D
That's what I said to a good looking bartender last night and got slapped in the face. :lol:

@VasiliSk do you have price in mind for 6F with display?

Back