QS 3000w midmotor

here is a link to my build it was first with a hacker motor
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=88807
If your afraid that the motor will not fit between the pedals, you can always put a wider bottombracket(sickbikeparts) :wink:

its laying arround,for the weight of the bike the controller didn't give me enough startingtorque.
if you want it you get it for half the price i gave :wink:

I am not looking for a new motor :D
For that price i'd take torqstar3 motor in water-cooled variant. Lehner has a good reputation and specs are unbelievable, 24kW :shock:

Still traction application is not the same as propeller and i bet it would be tough to find a controller that would last with 24 kW and this motor combined..
http://www.lehner-shop.com/aussenlaeufer/torqstar/torqstar-3-7050.html

devo1223 said:
Does anyone know the weight of the 1000w? I can't find it.

Devo i was quoted just over 5kg / 5.1 iirc for the 1000w ...they also told me they couldnt state magnet / stator width for the 1000w due to company policy , winch i know is bull as they state 70mm for 2000w /3000w .. would be good if someone else could ask them and report back.

They name it "1000W 90" midmotor, but i think the number 90 stands for the outer diameter of the stator, and not for the air gap or rotor diameter as usually! It probably will be more like 60-70mm.
The maximum torque is 25Nm (134Nm on the wheel with a 1:5,3 reduction).

The "2000W 120 70h" motor has a maximum torque of 45Nm.
Rotor size? Maybe 80x70mm or 90x70mm

Yeah maddin, you are definitely one of the motor tech heads around here :)
They quote stator diameter as, 90 for 1000W, 120 for 2000W and 138 for 3000W
Also stated weight for 2000w around 10kg... be nice to see pics of motors on scales. 1000w/ 2000w.
Where did you get the torque specs and at what voltage / amps
I still want magnet / stator width before i commit to a motor. saying that this 1000w looks promising.

Cnqsmotor.com list the 2000w weight as 7.9kg which makes sense since the 3000w is 10kg. I emailed them Friday also asking the kv. Did they quote you a price for the 1000w without the assembly?

Just edited my post. Getting my lb. and kg mixed up

Emoto said:
Where did you get the torque specs and at what voltage / amps
I still want magnet / stator width before i commit to a motor. saying that this 1000w looks promising.

max torque is mentioned in the description of the middrive system of each motor, and also current and voltage. I believe the suggest peak current will give you the max torque.

The 2000W should be a great replacement for the so called "Big Block" motors as it has similar outer diameter.

devo1223 said:
Cnqsmotor.com list the 2000w weight as 7.9kg which makes sense since the 3000w is 10kg. I emailed them Friday also asking the kv. Did they quote you a price for the 1000w without the assembly?

The guy i spoke to was giving me lots of misinformation ....my guess was around 8kg.. but do we believe the site info..
i did suggest they show pics of weighed motors but got no response.
With shipping the 1000w motor was 190 usd. IIRC im in aus, [If anyone wants i can double check] how about your price.
larsb said:
3000w motor weighs 10kg on my scale :D
actually 10.8 with 22t steel pulley so..
Thanks larsb i saw that, solid info .
madin88 said:
The 2000W should be a great replacement for the so called "Big Block" motors as it has similar outer diameter.
Well if the qs 2000w has a 70mm magnet width as they state,[vs the 50mm motors ] it should be a great upgrade.
The jury is out until we get real world specs though.

I'm looking at using this motor in my next build. Hoping to max it out around 84v*200amps = 16.8kw/22.5hp. Does anybody think I should be going with a different motor or does this seem capable of handling the power?

Yermommy said:
I'm looking at using this motor in my next build. Hoping to max it out around 84v*200amps = 16.8kw/22.5hp. Does anybody think I should be going with a different motor or does this seem capable of handling the power?
I think it will be fine i am using it at 60volts 250 batamps 500 phase without problem!

I would need to pair 428 sprocket with this. QS does not supply the anymore. Does anyone have a source?

I'm pretty sure they are running that qs motor kit that includes this motor + swing arm on an electric motorcycle called the city slicker.
CSC-City-Slicker.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tre...-electric-motorcycle-the-city-slicker-at-1995

Neat to see something other then a Zero coming out into the e-moto market.

How would the acceleration compare to a hub motor at identical wheels sizes, power levels, and top speeds? For example, lets say you run 72v 200a through a qs205 5t in a 17 inch wheel and your top speed is 60; how would the acceleration compare to a bike with the qs mid motor 72v 200a in a 17inch wheel geared for a top speed of 60?

CSC introduces its first electric motorcycle, the City Slicker, at $1,995
That is a great price, depending on battery capacity and power.
The City Slicker has two operating modes, Power mode features a top speed of around 45 mph and Eco mode maxes out around 35 mph but gets better range. According to initial claims from Zongshen, riders can expect to travel 37 miles at 37 mph in Power mode and 62 miles at 20 mph in Eco mode. But those numbers might be a bit optimistic, Berk admits.

If the frame and suspension were good, it would be well worth it. Heck even slap in a bigger motor and controller. I would want something that is capable of atleast 80kph/50mph. I'd also been on the hunt for a battery charger with 120V(AC) AND 240V(AC) switching capabilities that can rock 1000W+ I'd also want it to be current adjustable. Lots of times you can park it on sidewalk, and if there is an outlet there, be cool to have the charger hidden with just a cable coming out.

SirLongAss said:

Yermommy said:
How would the acceleration compare to a hub motor at identical wheels sizes, power levels, and top speeds? For example, lets say you run 72v 200a through a qs205 5t in a 17 inch wheel and your top speed is 60; how would the acceleration compare to a bike with the qs mid motor 72v 200a in a 17inch wheel geared for a top speed of 60?

I have friends driving gulbix 76 with qs205 and at72volts and 200amps , and i can keep up with them with less power and more weight.My senda weights arround 90 kilos and the qulbix arround 55kilos.

markz said:
CSC introduces its first electric motorcycle, the City Slicker, at $1,995
That is a great price, depending on battery capacity and power.
The City Slicker has two operating modes, Power mode features a top speed of around 45 mph and Eco mode maxes out around 35 mph but gets better range. According to initial claims from Zongshen, riders can expect to travel 37 miles at 37 mph in Power mode and 62 miles at 20 mph in Eco mode. But those numbers might be a bit optimistic, Berk admits.

If the frame and suspension were good, it would be well worth it. Heck even slap in a bigger motor and controller. I would want something that is capable of atleast 80kph/50mph. I'd also been on the hunt for a battery charger with 120V(AC) AND 240V(AC) switching capabilities that can rock 1000W+ I'd also want it to be current adjustable. Lots of times you can park it on sidewalk, and if there is an outlet there, be cool to have the charger hidden with just a cable coming out.

SirLongAss said:

Here is a 3Kw charger that is adjustable between 0-120v/0-60v and 25a/50a. Also it can do 110v or 220v.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GTK...7368-4342-83bb-8ee2f5474043&priceBeautifyAB=0

bionicon said:
Yermommy said:

I have friends driving gulbix 76 with qs205 and at72volts and 200amps , and i can keep up with them with less power and more weight.My senda weights arround 90 kilos and the qulbix arround 55kilos.

Yeah i can imagine that your middrive must have way better ETA - at least when climbing hills or during hard accelertion 8)
It takes less power from the battery for the same torque.

yesterday I blow up my saboton 72150 and now when i push the bike I notice that the engine slows down exactly whether it is in regen.
What could it be?

If it's disconnected from the controller and motor's still rotating with a lot of resistance then you've got a short somewhere in the windings.

If you've still got the controller connected then try disconnecting it. If resistance is gone then some fet(s) in the controller is blown.

larsb said:
If it's disconnected from the controller and motor's still rotating with a lot of resistance then you've got a short somewhere in the windings.

If you've still got the controller connected then try disconnecting it. If resistance is gone then some fet(s) in the controller is blown.

oh thats bad,could it be because the controller blew up and go in short?

bionicon said:
larsb said:

oh thats bad,could it be because the controller blew up and go in short?

oh stupid me :oops: , the phases where still on the controller(thats in short)have them disconnected and problem seemed solved :D

Back