SUPER SOCO ... no Sur-ron here =)

Joachim said:
Jan/Feb 2019 bigger bike 75kmh topspeed? mid/belt drive motor,i think not a bad bike for 4500/5000Euro?
https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=622&t=5514172

The mid-motor should be a nice improvement in terms of handling and suspension. I hope they also improved the battery because now it only has EDIT corrected: 1800Wh 60V30Ah (or 3600Wh if two batteries used). IMO thats a bit low for a moped this size and as it is a two-seater.

btw some weeks ago here in town:

LfjKK4.jpg

Joachim said:
not realy a quiet sine wave controller :lol:
6:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7B02I2JGn4

It doesn't sound like the typical trapez controller noise in the vid, do you think it is too loud?
Regarding specs it should be FOC control..

one more pic:

OGVufi.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7yWEZKy6EE
5:25 open road max speed.
perfect for european city this tc max 5kw peak power/ mid-beltdrive

oh looks from its size similar, first i thought its a moped. but its 125ccm class.
price?

*google* :D

ok 5000€ ..not Bad.
But 3.2Kwh is a bit low.
with straight 45kph on flat my LMX eats 31wh/km.
100km with a tripple weight and of course more speed then 45kph will probably end in max 60km range.

IMG_0436-copy.jpg

I would totally buy the original TC 1500W, but unfortunately it is not homologated for US sales, and dealing with import + waiting for 3 months to get from China doesn't sound like fun

I hope these become available here, because the only competition in this price range is CSC City Slicker ($2800) and there have been a lot of controller & reliability issues with that bike

The TC max also seems to come with a removable battery:

TCMAX-battery.jpg

super-soco-tc-max-batterie-amovible-3240-kwh-750x410.jpg

One Super Soco TS available in Nuneaton near Birmingham, United Kingdom.

Not me. If someone likes to get their hands on one or just eat a banana :banana:

I got to test ride one of these when I was in China on a work trip in July last year. The dealer was very friendly and let me take lots of pictures of the bike and random replacement parts that they had on display (I even bought the backlit power button for something like $3-4 to take home with me).

Photos (bike, battery, motor controller): https://imgur.com/a/7pLll4T

The motor controller label said that it was 60V 30A, making it an optimistic 1.8kW if we pretend there's no voltage sag. I remember feeling a bit underwhelmed by the acceleration, but I didn't know about the extra speed unlock procedure at the time.

I got a Sur-Ron Light Bee several months later in December, and if I had to estimate I think the Sur-Ron might have an advantage for out-of-the-box acceleration, but neither one were really anything to brag about (The Sur-Ron definitely feels better than the Super Soco did after disabling the power/speed limiter).

I remember being impressed with the tank storage area, the ability to hold two batteries is awesome (not sure if you can fit two batteries and the charger at the same time). I'm not fond of the connector choice on the Super Soco battery, but it's definitely easier to grip than the Sur-Ron one.

Here's a pic of me on the bike, I'm 6 foot tall for reference. Like the Sur-Ron, the Super Soco runs on the short side (understandable given the average height in China).
ewIYU76.jpg

This bike is like a wannabe zero with pissant power and a better looking seat. Zeros have enough shortcomings without being humiliated over a seat.

I think the Super SOCO is one of the best street legal moped options there are at the moment for commuting. It seems safer than a smaller wheeled scooter and can take two battery packs for a serious range. Here in the Netherlands you can use certain bicycle paths so you can take a shorter route in many cases.
I also think it looks really good and can be great fun for touring the countryside.

I was seriously looking at this bike for some time but there were some issues reported on a french forum dedicated to this bike that turned me off.
Basically everything is cheap on this. there's humidity on the speedometer, while riding and when there's vibrations the bike stand triggers an auto-off, battery plugs are under-speceds and the connectors melt if you use the bike with speed unlocked. Apparently the aluminium rims tends to break if you brake too much.
I still think it's a beautifull frame, but you need to replace a lot of things in order to have something as reliable as the surron seems to be out of the box

TheBMallory said:
I was seriously looking at this bike for some time but there were some issues reported on a french forum dedicated to this bike that turned me off.

Do you have a link to that forum?
It's the first time I hear of these problems. If they are common then I hope these will be addressed soon as it seems a great bike.

here it is (french) : https://www.mysupersoco.fr/forums/forum-general/questions-generales/sujet/liste-des-problemes-potentiels-et-que-faire-si-vous-les-rencontrez/

the battery plug melting seems pretty common, as is the water condensation inside the speedometer. not too sure about the others

SlowCo said:
TheBMallory said:

Do you have a link to that forum?
It's the first time I hear of these problems. If they are common then I hope these will be addressed soon as it seems a great bike.

I have one at 8000km. The thing that worries me was what I read about some days ago as stated above that the front wheel had one of the forged spokes broken. I looked at mine and nothing was broken there. Still a problem I don't like it because I added a bigger front brake so the issue becomes larger for me if it turns out to be a big issue. My guess is no, that it won't, that it is a single problem on that bike only.

Pros can be:
The looks of course!
V3 qs motor. Did you know?
votol 35a 70v sinus controller. Bonus
26ah battery of highest classification 70v fully charged at 4,1 per cell 35a max power outtake. (extra info: Normal charger 300w/h. There are fast chargers 70v 10a, 70v 15a or 70v variable 0-30a.)
pretty cool frame, body of the bike to do as you wish

negatives:
3000 without incentives, incentives 10-25% off of the price. I got it in time in my land but it still exist incentives in other countries in EU that takes down the price.
or wait for tc-max for 500€ extra? (MC-license required)
too lightweight, 79kg vs normal lightweight mc 140kg or 200kg.

:banana:

Joachim said:
Merlin said:
where do you buy it about 2700?
ill find only the 2950€ dealers.
Dealer in the Netherlands black TS now for 2799Euro :D
https://www.lasourisscooters.nl/winkel/scooters/super-soco-ts-deep-black/
I ask if they sell one to me without a battery :mrgreen:
Hi Joachim,

De officiële Super Soco website is: https://www.vmotosoco.nl/ Daar vind je ook de erkende Super Soco dealers :)

Back