Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

VasiliSk said:
Owner of bike planning to make 20S battery.. with 200Ab max, so 15kW.
Absolute limit for 24F controller may be 25kW

The adaptto max-e was an 18 fet controller, or was it the midi that was 24 fet?
I am still trying to take in the power numbers for your upcoming 24 FET controller. Seems it will be a perfect match for the Sur Ron and other hot rod builds. I think your 24 Fet will be perfect for a scooter convertion, I bought one long ago to make it into electric but I never found the controller and charging that met what I wanted but this might be it.

Can you say a little about charging? It will be charging via controller kind of like on the adaptto?

Nice to not need the coil, real estate is always at a premium, and no coil means more room for batteries etc.

Charging thru motor? Can you elaborate more in details? What kind of charger will you recommend, preferable a charger that is so small it will be possible to have a on-board charger permanently mounted on the scooter. Will it balance the cells as well? High and low cut off? These are settings in the controller display?

My overall goal is to try to avoid filling up all the cavity under the seat with hardware, so that the scooter can be an all round usable daily rider around town, room for a bag of groceries, a place to store laptop or tablet to work, etc. But still with enough battery and power to pack a punch when the red light turns green and to keep up with traffic. Don't need a whole lot of range honestly as long as the charging is done in an easy manner.

That's a lot of power in a small package.

Are you using IGBTs or some magical FET??

Powervelocity.com said:
Maybe I missed it on pics, but I don't see shunts on the board. Is it using hall sensors for current sensing? Also, is it measuring current on DC line or on phases?

I am very happy to see other respectable developers to participate in this threat, that means we all think as a family and not like enemies like politicians do.

I would think it's more than just one shunt if phase current is measured. Two or three shunt configuration?

VasiliSk said:
Im using shunt that measures phase current.
I have done some R&D work to make that power, it is complex, not only FETs, but PCBA and heat dissapation.

IGBT may be used only in 300V+ applications, not here

To achieve accurate measurement of all ?? current's in less than 1µs with just one single-shunt, i guess it makes it necessary to use latest measurement technique (i mean newest chip's or hardware).

That's probabaly the main difference compared to those standard e-bike controllers (Infineon etc) which have also just one shunt in the DC- line. And added to this those standard controllers usually have no low-inductive power stage which is important as well to prevent the FET's from blowing at high currents..

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have two 12F in my hands. Just need to reassemble the whole bike and I'll give it a try. Very excited !

This can't be run with those LMX/Denzel motors? Like these:
m3000.jpg

http://www.eastgem.net/d4500.html

Is it cause high impedance or rough signal in these motors?

EDIT: Oh I saw this :"Hall filter programmed in my controllers."

So it could work now? Even with 10kw peak power? I could test it on my sons Kart thats currently running lmx motor and one of these shitty Kelly controllers. :D

is this a sinewave motor? some are not sine , they look the same and have different waveform

Back