TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Eremit said:
Anyone tested the offroad mode successfully? With enabled Offroad, I come exactly to the SpeedLimit of the offroad mode. As well as offroad mode switched off. (Well, not above 35 km/h for still using a 24V Battery Pack)
"Assist" is blinking, but there is no difference in Top Speed.

All else is working awesome!! :)
What's your speed limit configuration in menu 0 (General basic setup)? See the wiki: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Usage-and-configuration-of-firmware-version-0.13

EndlessCadence said:
Eremit said:
Anyone tested the offroad mode successfully? With enabled Offroad, I come exactly to the SpeedLimit of the offroad mode. As well as offroad mode switched off. (Well, not above 35 km/h for still using a 24V Battery Pack)

What's your speed limit configuration in menu 0 (General basic setup)? See the wiki: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Usage-and-configuration-of-firmware-version-0.13

Yes, I was following that wiki. Had a 7 Pages Printout for Adjustments in the field :p
I tried for config 0/0 50km/h and 25 km/h. Did not note any differences, thought that value is ignored with Offroad enabled. Even with offroad enabled and switched off. The only working limit is what I set in config 7/2, Offroad Speed Limit with Offroad enbaled but switched off.
Only Problem, that it follows that limit also with offroad switched on (Tested with helping wind, it's not a problem of my 24V Batt or at least not one with insufficient Power). With Offroad 25, I get 25 km/h, no matter of switched on or off. With offroad 30, I get 30 km/h, in both modes.

Eremit said:
EndlessCadence said:
Eremit said:

Yes, I was following that wiki. Had a 7 Pages Printout for Adjustments in the field :p
I tried for config 0/0 50km/h and 25 km/h. Did not note any differences, thought that value is ignored with Offroad enabled. Even with offroad enabled and switched off. The only working limit is what I set in config 7/2, Offroad Speed Limit with Offroad enbaled but switched off.
Only Problem, that it follows that limit also with offroad switched on (Tested with helping wind, it's not a problem of my 24V Batt or at least not one with insufficient Power). With Offroad 25, I get 25 km/h, no matter of switched on or off. With offroad 30, I get 30 km/h, in both modes.
Weird, this was working fine with version 0.12 and has been confirmed by multiple users. I'm still using version 0.12 but will update to version 0.13, test and fix the issues if there are any. Thanks for reporting!

I'm waiting for some components to arrive. New controller, parts for my lights and various cool stuff. I have some cool (to me at least :D ) plans related to wireless communications, debugging and updating the firmware wirelessly as well! Will reveal more when they're more than just plans. :wink:

EndlessCadence said:
plans related to wireless communications, debugging and updating the firmware wirelessly as well! Will reveal more when they're more than just plans. :wink:

Serial Bootloader? :eek:

shaddi said:
EndlessCadence said:
plans related to wireless communications, debugging and updating the firmware wirelessly as well! Will reveal more when they're more than just plans. :wink:

Serial Bootloader? :eek:
The motor controller may have enough free memory to do that...

casainho said:
Dirko, do you want to volunteer to write a wiki page with information on how to flash on Windows? -- seems users are asking over and over the same questions and would be great to have a page with maybe some screenshots and details...

Yes I can try, but how to say, I am a very beginner of HTML and Github, so it may not be as good. Nevertheless I will try during weekend!
I like to give back for this great pece of software (also some mesured values for calibrating the torque sensor.

Is it possible to make the documents by Open Office or a "modern " word processor? And export it to the Wiki?

Regards Dirk

Dirkro said:
casainho said:
Dirko, do you want to volunteer to write a wiki page with information on how to flash on Windows? -- seems users are asking over and over the same questions and would be great to have a page with maybe some screenshots and details...

Yes I can try, but how to say, I am a very beginner of HTML and Github, so it may not be as good. Nevertheless I will try during weekend!
I like to give back for this great pece of software (also some mesured values for calibrating the torque sensor.

Is it possible to make the documents by Open Office or a "modern " word processor? And export it to the Wiki?

Regards Dirk
I suggest you to look at current wiki pages and do like that, using the options to show images, links to external sites and the Table Of Contents (TOC). You will need to upload the screenshots/images, but you can do first on your github account, you can created a wiki page for testing and do there, then it will be fast to copy to TSDZ2 wiki.

casainho said:
I suggest you to look at current wiki pages and do like that, using the options to show images, links to external sites and the Table Of Contents (TOC). You will need to upload the screenshots/images, but you can do first on your github account, you can created a wiki page for testing and do there, then it will be fast to copy to TSDZ2 wiki.

For somebody who is programming / coding every day, this seems to be easy. The tools are new for me. To do changes, I do not need to understand the whole system. It is a changeling for me ! That's why I was asking if handy tools can help me. Your guys real write the HTML directly into the Wiki? WOW!

Dirkro said:
casainho said:

For somebody who is programming / coding every day, this seems to be easy. The tools are new for me. To do changes, I do not need to understand the whole system. It is a changeling for me ! That's why I was asking if handy tools can help me. Your guys real write the HTML directly into the Wiki? WOW!
You seem to have a good knowledge/understand how the configurations/motor work!!

See example for put a link and an image, you just need to change the address and keep using the same:

Code:
Link:
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrWn6e8bIuQ Youtube video review done by Jbalat user]:

Image:
[[https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/blob/master/youtube_review_small.jpg]]

Hi,

Is there a way to set the voltage of the Lights? Seems that was configurable in original firmware, but if there is one in the config, I did not found. Or can such things be done via setting a data field with STLink?

Thanks again,
Erik

Eremit said:
Hi,

Is there a way to set the voltage of the Lights? Seems that was configurable in original firmware, but if there is one in the config, I did not found. Or can such things be done via setting a data field with STLink?

Thanks again,
Erik
I think there is no option to set lights voltage on original firmware -- I think it is not possible.

[/quote]
I think there is no option to set lights voltage on original firmware -- I think it is not possible.
[/quote]

True. Checked the Original Manual again and a video. Don't know where the idea came from that this was something changeable. Not even display brightness is changeable with original with LCD5. Sorry!

Guys please help.
I just installed version 0.13 on the LCD and the motor

I have installed the temperature sensor and I get 13deg C which is about right since it’s very cold today but it is continually flashing and cutting my power. I tried riding up a big hill but it would only fluctuate between 13 and 14 degrees. I could not get the temperature to rise even after disabling current limiting.

Menu item 5, 3 does not exist
I set 75 degrees for start limiting temperature and there was no menu item to set the max temperature

Before I started I did a set to defaults in the lcd menu which I assume you should do since I was upgrading from version 0.3

Using this wiki
https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Usage-and-configuration-of-firmware-version-0.13

jbalat said:
Guys please help.

I have installed the temperature sensor and I get 13deg C which is about right since it’s very cold today but it is continually flashing and cutting my power. I tried riding up a big hill but it would only fluctuate between 13 and 14 degrees. I could not get the temperature to rise even after disabling current limiting.

I set 75 degrees for start limiting temperature and there was no menu item to set the max temperature

Before I started I did a set to defaults in the lcd menu which I assume you should do since I was upgrading from version 0.3

Using this wiki
https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Usage-and-configuration-of-firmware-version-0.13
I verified that the wiki page were incorrect as I removed the menu item 5.1, so now what you expect to be 5.3 is in fact 5.2. Anyway, go to wiki and see because I already corrected.

Maybe you put 1 to the initial value of temperature to start cutting of and then you get that results you mention.

The KT LCD3 is probably best for programming, but not good as a display:
-Only 3 keys
-very limited tiltable (cables in the way).
-It is so exposed, that if you want to put your bike upside down, you really have to care (if not to dismount) your Display.

-no good place for socket holes for the electrical brakes.
-and, not to forget the display itselt.

I do hope for something like an Arduino-based 800 x 480 5" Display.
But until that day, This thing here might help:
5093b50173021e6b56895915c8773ddd_preview_featured.jpg

022feb7666205624393949b6852a3125_preview_featured.jpg

You see in the second picture that you can tilt it away. Between Display and Adapter, there is some room for a little Box for two Brake sockets.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3124976 (More pictures and the 3dPrinter Files)

Eremit said:

Would you be happy with the 100 euros Bafang 850C 3.2 inch?

casainho said:
Eremit said:

80€ here: https://www.amazon.de/bafang-Vollfarb-Display-erh%C3%A4ltlich-Elektro-Fahrrad-BBS02/dp/B01LX1DRDY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_bs_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5XMGB43NJQK1FPFTQG7J
70$ here: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Bafang-3-2-pollici-IPS-Colorful-New-850C-Bicicletta-Elettrica-Tachimetro-Display-Per-8Fun-BBS01B-BBS02B/32891078376.html

Looks good. But more interesting is, wich kind of user interaction does it allow. Would it be able to give the user some hints while in the config? Would it allow to have a customizable screen, for instance.
An Arduino-based Solution could have generic displays, but price would not be much better (A switch, a stepdown, an Arduino Nano and a screen would come around 40 Euros I guess. Without a housing).

BTW I would not care if it has colors or not. Sunlight readability is more important.
More than 3 keys -> great. Touchscreen -> nice but not important, if you have more than 3 keys.
Ability for guided submenus (free text or sysmbols) ->most important.

Eremit said:
casainho said:
Eremit said:

80€ here: https://www.amazon.de/bafang-Vollfarb-Display-erh%C3%A4ltlich-Elektro-Fahrrad-BBS02/dp/B01LX1DRDY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_bs_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5XMGB43NJQK1FPFTQG7J
70$ here: https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Bafang-3-2-pollici-IPS-Colorful-New-850C-Bicicletta-Elettrica-Tachimetro-Display-Per-8Fun-BBS01B-BBS02B/32891078376.html

Looks good. But more interesting is, wich kind of user interaction does it allow. Would it be able to give the user some hints while in the config? Would it allow to have a customizable screen, for instance.
An Arduino-based Solution could have generic displays, but price would not be much better (A switch, a stepdown, an Arduino Nano and a screen would come around 40 Euros I guess. Without a housing).

BTW I would not care if it has colors or not. Sunlight readability is more important.
More than 3 keys -> great. Touchscreen -> nice but not important, if you have more than 3 keys.
Ability for guided submenus (free text or sysmbols) ->most important.
Nice prices!! KT-LCD3 costs 26 euros VS Bafang 850C 57 euros.

Seems this LCD is near what you are looking for but yes, it is not an Arduino (but it is an Arduino, see the Blue Pill Arduino board that uses the same microcontroller!!).

If you are willing to develop your own LCD using Arduino, then you will need to develop your own features you are asking for: Would it be able to give the user some hints while in the config? Would it allow to have a customizable screen, for instance.

I think we should join our efforts and develop on a common project, so more users can benefit. And we will also benefit when more users and developers will use it.

Well... This time it's no Yes or No. I am able to build a little code with the Arduino, but it's quite another thing to hack a device; come to some sort of bootloader, finding out how you get graphics onto the display. And I actually never did graphics with an arduino. Making some sort of widgets for a series of customizable screens is something within my abilities, doing it the way you need for open source projects (without a 'to personal style' not - but I'm trying to learn that right now).

And: for a good Interface, 3 keys are just not enough. Than it's better to have a config program on your Windows or Linux or Smartphone, something like Copter-Configuration Software like Taulabs or MissionPlanner. Some Sort of external Configuration Software. So we either have something with 4 to 5 keys, or something with Wlan, Bluetooth or USB-Plug... Something like that could download logs, analyze it...

(On the other Hand: Of course I could have a roll with the config steps and hide it somewhere in the bycicle. It's okay after you did it several times.)

casainho said:
jbalat said:
Guys please help.

Using this wiki
I verified that the wiki page were incorrect as I removed the menu item 5.1, so now what you expect to be 5.3 is in fact 5.2. Anyway, go to wiki and see because I already corrected.

Maybe you put 1 to the initial value of temperature to start cutting of and then you get that results you mention.

I have raised an issue. This is still not working. When you set 5,1 to 75 then the temperature is not displayed at all

jbalat said:
casainho said:
jbalat said:
Guys please help.

Using this wiki

I have raised an issue. This is still not working. When you set 5,1 to 75 then the temperature is not displayed at all
Well, it is working. You can see always the temperature on ODO. On temp field, it will ahow only and blink when over temperature otherwise will show there the bayyery soc in percentage.
Well, I came up with this in a way to keep showing soc almost always... You know, the color LCD will give us more freedom to show more information...

Oh well that's a shame it always shows 13

I get 4.4v across the sensor black,red

Between black and white I get -22mv and when I heat it up it goes to -70mv but no change in value on the screen.

If I hook up the red and black back to front. I get -220mv and when I hold it between my fingers it goes to -330mv in which case the display drops from 13 degrees to zero. Going the wrong way.

Can I assume all 3 of my sensors are faulty ?
They all say 52ab LM35 DZ

Btw I am only getting a few seconds of assistance from the motor and then nothing no matter what I do.

Seems resetting to defaults doesn’t work either, in some cases nothing and other cases the wrong values are changed. For instance I had no assist levels and had t set up 4 of them manually.

The wiki still has errors, for instance menu 3 when setting the number of cells jumps menu 1,2 and goes to 1,3.. well what should we program in 1,2 ?

I will be going back to my customised version of 0.3 so I can at least ride my bike around again but waiting to see if we can get the temperature sensor working first, this is my highest priority at the moment, I don’t even care that the motor does not work.

jbalat said:
Oh well that's a shame it always shows 13

I get 4.4v across the sensor black,red

Between black and white I get -22mv and when I heat it up it goes to -70mv but no change in value on the screen.

If I hook up the red and black back to front. I get -220mv and when I hold it between my fingers it goes to -330mv in which case the display drops from 13 degrees to zero. Going the wrong way.

Can I assume all 3 of my sensors are faulty ?
They all say 52ab LM35 DZ
First, with a multimeter, measure your wires that you wired to the motor controller. Connect ypur multimeter black wire to GND and the other to the 5V wire and you should measure about 5V on the multimeter.
When you connect this wires to the LM35, they should keep the same voltage values as you readed before. Can you please verify?

After, the signal output wire of LM35 has 0.01V per each degree Celsius and so for instance at 25c will have 0.25V (25 * 0.01) and will have 0V at 0 degrees. You can try to heat or cold it to measure the corresponding output voltages. NOTE that it neves outputs negative voltage values!! You should never measure negative values on this 3 wires and out the LM35 or you are doing something wrong.

The way to see if the sensor is working is to measure the pin output voltage (if possible check before wiring to the motor controller throttle pin) that always follow that equation of 0.01V per degree temperature.

It would be really bad if you got all the sensors wrong... I bought mine on eBay and they work (LM35 DZ, where DZ version can withstand higher temperature values).

I tried it with a 5v source and it seems to work. It went from +25mv to 100mv when I heated it up
So I am only getting 4.4v from the motor ? Perhaps I need to find another point or use a buck converter ?

Back