Sabvaton & QS

I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.

changeissimple said:
I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.

Not really as it's pretty close to plug and play with the QS205.

The only thing I could recommend is make sure the "ignition" is hooked up and on when you go to program it. Also, don't burn up your battery or motor by pulling too many amps for too long.

SirLongAss said:
changeissimple said:

The only thing I could recommend is make sure the "ignition" is hooked up and on when you go to program it. Also, don't burn up your battery or motor by pulling too many amps for too long.

By ignition, do you mean the key switch? And I haven't gotten clarity on whether I need a precharge resistor and a big fuse. I have both but won't bother using if I don't need them?? Any advice?

My battery is only 70amp max. I will probably rework with another battery later on to go up to at least 100 amps.

changeissimple said:
SirLongAss said:
changeissimple said:

By ignition, do you mean the key switch? And I haven't gotten clarity on whether I need a precharge resistor and a big fuse. I have both but won't bother using if I don't need them?? Any advice?

My battery is only 70amp max. I will probably rework with another battery later on to go up to at least 100 amps.

Yes that is what I mean. For my bike I don't use a precharge resistor and I've had no problems. Fuses are lame. Use breakers. I have two 100A breakers in parallel for my bike.

Also, I recommend buying/building a battery that can do 150A. I mean you bought the the 72v 150a Sabvaton for a reason. Why settle for less power? You should get statorade ferrofluid and hub sinks if your going to run it at that power tho.

https://hubsink.com/collections/all

Back