Accelerated Systems ASI BAC 4000 & BAC 8000 FOC BT Controllers

A lot of questions, doubts, skeptisms regarding this controller but it is totally understandable.

Here are some videos, datalogs that I have collected from me and my cliente.

ASI BAC 4000

ASI BAC 4000 with QS273 50H .
463A Max Phase
70% Battery Current limit

uc

BAC 8000

uc

Vector QS273 50H ASI 4000 laying down some whoop ass

[youtube]9-xf8NUpzXA[/youtube]

My Enduro with QS205 V3 and ASI 4000

[youtube]8KG8qH-oMpM[/youtube]

Urban riding

[youtube]ICODFXzlKXA[/youtube]

It's time to correct your first post. As stated: as long as the controllers are limited to 460A battery then you are exaggerating by calling your BAC8000:s as 54kW controllers

It doesn't make a big difference now, i know, but it should be done.

You can go above the 32KW Limit.

Attachments

• 03723E8C-9046-4D3C-82D0-0E2419CDE94E.jpeg
    03723E8C-9046-4D3C-82D0-0E2419CDE94E.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 7,706
Now that's interesting! :D
Might i ask when the warranty is void if i buy a controller from you?

100% amps? 160%? 20.000%?

Reason i ask is that i've had two-faced sellers before (not saying you are one of them):
- at controller purchase: "you'll get 20kW"
- at controller breakdown: "your motor is slightly too large for this controller"

I am actually considering to buy this controller. It has outstanding performance on paper and if Luke has gotten good output from it then it's also there in real life. But since he wants top performance AND accepts that hotrodding and exploding is often related then he is a very different animal. :D

At 750$ i expect a normal warranty like it works outside of the ebike world. So what are the conditions for a controller replacement if it breaks?

1 year Warranty from ASI is still valid for any controllers sold thru me. Yes I support all controllers that I sell, but any defective controllers are sent back to ASI in Canada and are serviced by them directly.

Battery current limit is 0-100% of the user defined System power rating. Which maxes out at 32500 watts.

If you set 50% battery current limit, and your System Power Rating is set at 32500W. Then the controller will pull 16KW max.

You can increase the battery current limit past 100% to run more than 32KW (which is software limited, would limit battery power to 32KW if the battery current limit was set at 100%).

You should be able to run up to 650A battery at least if not 730A.

1 year Warranty from ASI is still valid for any controllers sold thru me. Yes I support all controllers that I sell, but any defective controllers are sent back to ASI in Canada and are serviced by them directly.

Battery current limit is 0-100% of the user defined System power rating. Which maxes out at 32500 watts.

If you set 50% battery current limit, and your System Power Rating is set at 32500W. Then the controller will pull 16KW max.

You can increase the battery current limit past 100% to run more than 32KW (which is software limited, would limit battery power to 32KW if the battery current limit was set at 100%).

You should be able to run up to 650A battery at least if not 730A.

ASI has a excellent warranty service.

Fast response time, they authorize a RMA, you fill it a RMA form, they ship a return shipping label, controller gets serviced / replaced, and shipped back to you.

Will you be selling the BAC2000 when it is done with the redesign?

I've read that these controllers are hard to program, at least the BAC2000.

Does BAC2000 share the same program with the BAC8000?

Do you have any experience to get it to work with a motor like the QS 138 70H mid motor?
Link: http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QSMOTOR%203000W%205000W%20138%2070H%20electric%20motorbike%20mid%20drive%20motor%20for%20electric%20motorcycle/612.html

After waiting over a month for a controller I still haven't received I can't recommend this vendor. ASI makes good stuff but these guys can't get it to you. I've been lied to several times about when the controller will ship, starting a MONTH ago when I bought it and culminating last Wednesday in a tracking number for a label that as of today is still sitting on their printer. That's so ridiculously unprofessional it's almost funny, except I'm still out over $600 with no controller.

I should have just bought this thing straight from ASI.

I've been lied to several times about when the controller will ship
Thanks for the tip. Impossible to see why you should not buy directly from ASI if it works like that, it's even sold at the same price.

I am backpedalling out of this one..

Like majority the ONLY thing stopping me from purchasing this controller is the limiting software. I have no care for wanting warranties. As I’ve pushed a number of controllers to there failure. I just can’t understand how they would want to lose so many sales for a simple “here you go unlimited software capability. You play you pay, there is no warranty sold with you’re controller”

Mywpn said:
Like majority the ONLY thing stopping me from purchasing this controller is the limiting software. I have no care for wanting warranties. As I’ve pushed a number of controllers to there failure. I just can’t understand how they would want to lose so many sales for a simple “here you go unlimited software capability. You play you pay, there is no warranty sold with you’re controller”

Because its a company. they are not interested in your "pushing controllers to dead"
if someone is interessted in this company, maybe for OEM stuff. they will find alot of blown controllers from those guys like you (thats not bad. did the same with the infineon lyen crap) but if you dont want bad reputation outside, its better you dont care about "pushers" ;)

beside that. look at the size and weight of an 8000. where do you need above 700amps?

flat tire said:
After waiting over a month for a controller I still haven't received I can't recommend this vendor. ASI makes good stuff but these guys can't get it to you. I've been lied to several times about when the controller will ship, starting a MONTH ago when I bought it and culminating last Wednesday in a tracking number for a label that as of today is still sitting on their printer. That's so ridiculously unprofessional it's almost funny, except I'm still out over $600 with no controller.

I should have just bought this thing straight from ASI.

Unfortunately, I have to report the same experience. I have had good experiences purchasing from Alan at ERT in the past, so my hope is that there's some reasonable explanation for this delay, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the weekly unfulfilled promises. I can understand if there's a problem with the supply, or he's understaffed, or whatever, but I need that to be communicated to me, not repeatedly tell me it's going to ship "right away" when that's clearly a lie. Originally placed my order for a BAC 8000 on August 2nd, still no tracking number...

haulincolin said:
Originally placed my order for a BAC 8000 on August 2nd, still no tracking number...

That's even more messed up than my situation. The worst thing is being continually lied to. Alan is extremely dishonest. I really don't see the point of this behavior. It makes no sense. Eventually he has to deliver the controller or he forfeits the money. And he can't keep doing business like this or pretty soon nobody who can use google will buy from him.

I have shipped your controller today. You can verify that in your shipment email confirmation. ASI was at Interbike last month, 2 weeks of travel time and 1 week of catching up on orders, this caused a shortage of ASI controller stock as ASI shipments were essentially suspended.

I have been continually refined the harness to be simple, CA compatible and aesthetically pleasing. However creating these wiring harnesses takes time, and unfortunately new life events and oligations have severely limited my time.

It is not my intention to delay or cause issues with customers, in fact most of my customers can attest to the fact that I support them with after sale support, tuning, and warranty.

HaulinColin. I am finishing up your BAC8000. I have to test the harness, controller, load the profile for your motor and then ship. I'll follow up with you via email.

Merlin said:
Mywpn said:

Because its a company. they are not interested in your "pushing controllers to dead"
if someone is interessted in this company, maybe for OEM stuff. they will find alot of blown controllers from those guys like you (thats not bad. did the same with the infineon lyen crap) but if you dont want bad reputation outside, its better you dont care about "pushers" ;)

beside that. look at the size and weight of an 8000. where do you need above 700amps?
[/quote/].
I’m too in business. In the automotive trade and do a lot of performance cars. Without people with a likemind like myself where would be In life? If I wanted to be like most I’d be not asking the question. I’ve had a lot to do with high powered e-bikes. And I want to go further than most have. . And I will in time be backing these claims with some real track performance times. My passion is drag racing so it’s a given that for me it’s about making it accelerate fast. I may have to look into car ev. Or back to sabvoton. And I assure you they are already up to task against to the ASI. I can’t justify doubling the price for no gain.

Does the asi support 32s?

The controller might be on its way and guess what, it comes with 2 more lies from ERT:

1) the controller will ship Monday. it didn't. Don't say it if you can't guarantee it! How many times was I told it would ship on x date, when it didn't? Lost count.

2) Told yesterday it will be overnighted, he even said no problem. Guess what, it's not being overnighted and sure as hell won't arrive tomorrow!

Completely inexcusable. What did I expect?

Or back to sabvoton. And I assure you they are already up to task against to the ASI. I can’t justify doubling the price for no gain.

What Sabvoton controller is that? I have not seen any sabvotons above 250A battery.

If BAC8000 is up to 730A battery then its nearly three times as powerful..

flat tire said:
The controller might be on its way and guess what, it comes with 2 more lies from ERT:

1) the controller will ship Monday. it didn't. Don't say it if you can't guarantee it! How many times was I told it would ship on x date, when it didn't? Lost count.

2) Told yesterday it will be overnighted, he even said no problem. Guess what, it's not being overnighted and sure as hell won't arrive tomorrow!

Completely inexcusable. What did I expect?

I did send you an email stating that ASI was attending the interbike expo which was roughly about a month ago when you placed your order. Due to interbike ASI suspended all orders and operations for 2 weeks, then another week for ASI to catch up on their orders. So understand that I could not replenish my stock of controllers. When I finally did replenish my stock, I also have other orders to fulfill aside from yours. I was trying my best to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible, and in either case I checked the tracking number for your order. It is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I always try my best to come thru for all my customers, but some factors are out of my control, life events and obligations get in the way. I was heavy backlogged last week.

I have no doubt that you can program the controller yourself. I have developing and improved my own implementations to the ASI controller system, with help from customers and my we have been doing testing, getting feedback, tuning, and data logging to get you the most optimal profile for your motor and to be as plug and play as possible and support from me. I can’t say the same if you were to buy from ASI directly.

Let me know when you receive your controller tomorrow, I will and can certainly help you if you run into any issues. Thanks.

A note on ASI warranty - their 1 year offer starts when a DEALER buys from them, not when the dealer sells on to the end user. I know this from personal experience of trying to sell their products and not getting support for controller failures (of which there were more than one).

spinningmagnets said:
I've already seen 750amps battery amps at 60Vdc with an ASI BAC8000, that's 45kW

I've read LFPs posts for years, and I've never caught him exaggerating. If he says he logged 45kW at 60V, then I believe him. Using that as a baseline for comparison, these controllers are rated to run up to 72V (20S?) nominal, even though a fully-charged battery can provide higher peak loads over the nominal rating (3.6V nominal per cell vs 4.2V fully charged)

750A X 72V = roughly 54kW nominal, and a little more if the battery is freshly charged. (20S X 4.2V = 84V). We all need to start collecting hands-on data on this controller family, so we can separate the real-world performance from theory and advertising. However, I have to admit I am impressed.

I took 72v as a hard limit like on most controllers, as in, if you approach it it might die. I'm replacing a bike that had a Max-E right now and since Adaptto's parts are out of stock everywhere and this seems to have a superior control algorithm plus better power density, I am quite interested. But I'd like to run at least 20s to hit my top speed.

evolutiongts, can you confirm this controller works up to 20s? Do you know what it's "hard" voltage limit is?

Jozzer said:
A note on ASI warranty - their 1 year offer starts when a DEALER buys from them, not when the dealer sells on to the end user. I know this from personal experience of trying to sell their products and not getting support for controller failures (of which there were more than one).

As a dealer, the 1 year warranty still applies and their RMA service is excellent. I have had a few units replaced free of charge, and free shipping to and from ASI for warranty service.

TFT Color Displays are in, get rid of that ugly Cycle Analyst. Direct Communication with the ASI BAC Controller with the proper display protocol.

$125 for TFT Color Display can be retrofitted to existing customers with ASI Controllers

uc

[youtube]5yT9bhdwlQI[/youtube]

uc

Back