My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Wow, really like that bike! Makes me wish I had waited for the hard tail :) Anyone want to buy a like new AM1000? :)

I have a few new pictures from Ivy, no new info yet.

20180930191940.jpg

20180930192054.jpg

20180930192049.jpg

I've been poking around looking at tires too, The Maxxis Grifter in a 29x2.5 looks like a nice option, it's not available in a 27.5+, I might need to ask about a second wheelset. :lol:

tyre-image-Grifter_l.png

sgillf said:
Any Canadians/ Pacific Norther Westerners (Vancouver, Seattle, Portland) looking to join in on a shipping contain, let me know!

Canada

I'm in Vancouver and would be Interested if it bring down shipping not sure if you've got yours already

barbarossa said:
Hi,
just want to share some more experience with my AM1000. After all i am very happy with my bike. most of the problems or issues are mentioned in the thread. and i knew what i would buy and i like DIY bikes :). additionally i want to share an issue that might be very risky.
my bolts of rear suspension were too short (upper: 2mm / lower 2.5mm). you can remove the both right screws. or you can check it using an allen key and spin the left screws clockwise - there shouldnt be any noise and spinning should be smooth and without using much power (no side pressure).
but exactly this was not the case. so i removed the rear suspension.
for the upper bolt i could use a 2mm washer (6mm inner / 8mm outer diameter) because the bolt (65mm) was long enough to cover/fill the 2 inner rings of the ball bearings. Only to avoid side pressure i had to use an additional washer. bolt axle should move free without any pressure. optimal length would be around 67 mm, but i did not find that length and i did not want to shorten a longer bolt.
the lower bolt did not fill the ball bearing inner ring at the right side. bolt is appr. 39mm which is too short - i needed 41mm. so i now use a 44mm bolt with 3x DIN-1mm-gab washer. so i have exactly 41mm. the short bolt damaged the 2 ball bearings - right inner ring was split in 2 halves (but i did not recognize it - rear suspension did not made any noise and still worked) - left ball bearing was not spinning smooth anymore. i had to replace the 2 lower ball bearings (SKF 8x16x5mm 628/8-2RS1).
perhaps this issue might also damage the rear suspension attachment itself.
i have the rear suspension attachment in attached picture...

my rear suspension just complete loosened on a ride and the bearings on top were broken and one flew out in the process damaging the thread on the bolts. I have an earlier design of their rear suspension compared to your pictures. Ivy's sending a replacement set for the bearings to newer once that they are using now. Good to hear they fixed this

I have a little more info on the HT1000

I don't know if I can disclose pricing so I'll just say that this configuration is under $2000USD.

Bafang G510.1000
48v, 21Ah battery - 78pc 3500mA cells (Samsung?)
Rockshox Reba 120mm travel
Shimano DEORE M6000 10 speed gears
Handlebar, Stem & Seatpost - Promax Al alloy
Saddle, SR sport comfortable saddle
TEKTRO HD E725 4-piston Hydraulic disc brakes
Maxxis 29"x2.2" mountain tires
Wellgo Al alloy pedals

It all looks pretty good to me, I'd change the transmission to the Deore XT m8000 11speed. I'd also put it on some 27.5+ wheels.
And I'm interested in the Rockshox Revelation fork @120mm, overkill, but I want the thicker stanchions. Unless it too much cash, then the Reba will do just fine. :D

I like the way you think. I am interested in the same bike with the same upgrades. Only difference is I would like 29"x3" tires. Do you have a link as to where you saw this. I will probably not be ordering until around February, hopefully by then the tariff situation will be resolved.

Sorry, I am interested in the AM1000. If anyone has any idea on the pricing please let me know. Also, any thoughts on this bike, pro and con. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sophisticated-technologies-full-suspension-electric-bike_60742684202.html

Thanks

Are the rims tubeless-ready on the AM1000? Mine are generic and I can't find any info. Has a slight bead seat but not sure if that's sufficient. I've been able to get tire to seal and hold air, but haven't been able to get the "pop" to let me know the tire has fully seated. Do I need a new rim? Anyone converted to tubeless using stock rims?

bugnut said:
Sorry, I am interested in the AM1000. If anyone has any idea on the pricing please let me know. Also, any thoughts on this bike, pro and con. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Sophisticated-technologies-full-suspension-electric-bike_60742684202.html

Thanks

Their suspension (later on in the ad) looks identical to the AM1000 previous version. You can have a look at the earlier posts in this thread. You can always ask Ivy about competitors, usually, they are reselling older models. And it depends on what you are looking for to do with these bikes.

My full EX1 set arrived, and it is a very nice piece, but I'll say I am happy with the setup I have on the bike. I might consider selling the EX1 to recoup some of the bike costs, anyone interested in a full set? Chain, sprocket, front gears, derailer, shifter, and cable?

Anybody put aftermarket chain ring on the ultra? Maybe 40 for single-track? There is conflicting info if it is a 5 bolt 110bcd or 130bcd.

rayebiker said:
Anybody put aftermarket chain ring on the ultra? Maybe 40 for single-track? There is conflicting info if it is a 5 bolt 110bcd or 130bcd.

this is 130bcd. I have a 52T wolftooth CX ring on mine. And there is still room to use an even larger CR...

Richard N said:

20180930191940.jpg

20180930192054.jpg

20180930192049.jpg

I've been poking around looking at tires too, The Maxxis Grifter in a 29x2.5 looks like a nice option, it's not available in a 27.5+, I might need to ask about a second wheelset. :lol:

tyre-image-Grifter_l.png

Hi Folks found this post and figured Id post. I have the same bike but I purchased mine from Biktrix in Canada. Im located in Denver. I wanted to mention that I have the Grifters on my Ultra and they do work awesome. I have the 29er wheels and hardtail with Wren front suspension.

Very close to the bike I want. But the Biktrix costs much more then the same set up by Frey

whilst doing some XC one of the pedals came loose it was a bit of a hike back home, thank god for walk assist :lol:

I'm hoping Ivy finds me a replacement but has anyone found an aftermarket one suitable? Apparently they need to have a boost offset so they don't foul on the frame.

Marmalade said:
I'm hoping Ivy finds me a replacement but has anyone found an aftermarket one suitable? Apparently they need to have a boost offset so they don't foul on the frame.

you mean an aftermarket crankarm ?
I'm using sram ex-1 cranks with no issues whatsoever.
I paired them with shimano pd-mx80 flat pedals (or their new xt rebranding).

With a bit of help, unicycle cranks offer a wider range of sizes. Especially the 150 mm because I was chewing (parts of) pedals every ride.

jwt355 said:
Richard N said:

20180930191940.jpg

20180930192054.jpg

20180930192049.jpg

tyre-image-Grifter_l.png

Hi Folks found this post and figured Id post. I have the same bike but I purchased mine from Biktrix in Canada. Im located in Denver. I wanted to mention that I have the Grifters on my Ultra and they do work awesome. I have the 29er wheels and hardtail with Wren front suspension.

Not the same bike. Frey builds higher spec bike with different geometry.

Cruncher123 said:
jwt355 said:
Richard N said:

20180930191940.jpg

20180930192054.jpg

20180930192049.jpg

tyre-image-Grifter_l.png

Not the same bike. Frey builds higher spec bike with different geometry.
Are they actually building the frame themselves? Seeing similar designs from china. Just curious why their frame looks so weird

Buddy and I both ordered and will be shipped today! Went with the AM1000 with the 52v 17.5 ah battery. Upgraded to Lyrik and headlight (so it would be pre-wired and controlled by controller). (we didn't ask for tail light but I guess they come as set). Frey gave us a small discount since we bought two and, most important, Frey is paying the ebike duty for shipping to USA. We will keep you posted. Here are the pics of preshipping builds. We liked to see they switched the grips to regular mtb locking grips. We passed on their dropper as it is externally routed. Since seatpost is 31.8, we ordered 27.2 droppers (lev) with a 27.2 to 31.8 shim.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181020-065706_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20181020-065706_Alibabacom.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 3,119
Hi Friends,

A period time have not get online here.
I'd like to tell all of you that we are having latest AM1000 frames come with 31.6mm seat post.
So anyone want to use dropper seat post can use 31.6mm directly, no need to transfer anymore.

By the way, we are having a new website of our own soon, with the models we are having and we will have in the near future. you can visit home page www.frey.bike to have a look at our new site.
Now if anyone want to place order online, still use Alibaba page.

We are making our product and developing new models always base on the market demands and integrate all your desire points. so all of your voices to us is very important and precious!
Wish we enjoy the creation and riding together!

Regards,
Ivy
sales@frey.bike

Still no 27.5+ bike, the HT1000 won't take a 27.5+ wheel, and it doesn't sound like one that will is being made. Months of waiting for nothing. . .

Back