New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

jbalat said:
Great feedback !
I agree with you. If you want the guys to follow up suggest you post them in the issues area.
https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/issues

thx, i created an issue on the lag bug.
hope i am correct :)

cheers

vscope said:
jbalat said:
Great feedback !
I agree with you. If you want the guys to follow up suggest you post them in the issues area.
https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/issues

thx, i created an issue on the lag bug.
hope i am correct :)

cheers
Thanks! I left a comment there :D

Please also use the correct forum topic for questions or remarks about the opensource firmware.

casainho said:
I started documenting Bafang 850C color display, the JTAG flash/debug pins are easy accessible just like on KT-LCD3 display:

At Interbike a saw a new version of the 750C that has Bluetooth built-in. They said it is now shipping.

hello, what problems does firmware V0.13 cause? I use it every day to climb great slopes by mountain and I have only observed that with increased energy consumption, less kmts of travel compared to the original software of the tsdz2. It can be this by the screen configuration. I do not find any other problem.
Best regards

cascarabias said:
hello, what problems does firmware V0.13 cause? I use it every day to climb great slopes by mountain and I have only observed that with increased energy consumption, less kmts of travel compared to the original software of the tsdz2. It can be this by the screen configuration. I do not find any other problem.
Best regards

do you have 48v or 36v motor?
did you correctly configure the motor voltage in the configuration?

i can only tell that with opensource firmware (0.12 at the moment) my bike is much more efficient ( and controllable) than with the original firmware. it saved me from buying a bigger battery!
i travel 25km at 40km/h average 2 times a day and with the opensource firmware i am now only using about 140wh one way.
so my 200wh battery is safe.
before it was hard to judge how much energy i am consuming. sometimes i used 200wh sometimes 150wh... (depending on wind...)
now i just stay at average 250watt and everything is fine.
i rode now 100km with the open source firmware and i am really happy.

i am also loving the boost function!
however i changed the boost time to 1.2 seconds and boost fade to 3.5 seconds.
this makes the bike much more agile and consistent!

vscope said:
i am also loving the boost function!
however i changed the boost time to 1.2 seconds and boost fade to 3.5 seconds.
this makes the bike much more agile and consistent!
Good to know!! Maybe I will try that duration times also!!

So I have all the gear to do the firmware install, now I have a spare magnet for the wheel, because I cut up a spare speed sensor.

If I add TWO magnet sensors to the wheel (2050mm), then put the value into the firmware as 1025 (Option 0,1)

Will I get twice the resolution of speed updates?

kortina said:
So I have all the gear to do the firmware install, now I have a spare magnet for the wheel, because I cut up a spare speed sensor.

If I add TWO magnet sensors to the wheel (2050mm), then put the value into the firmware as 1025 (Option 0,1)

I guess that will work...

jbalat said:
kortina said:

I guess that will work...
But why would anyone need this? Are there wheel speed resolution issues anyway?

EndlessCadence said:
But why would anyone need this? Are there wheel speed resolution issues anyway?
I even think we should low pass filter a bit the speed indication on LCD, or simple maybe show using less frequency because we can see it change very fast and I think would be better to have a bit more stable value being shown.

I connected the STLinkV2 clone to Bafang LCD 850C and I was able to flash and debug (run step by step and add breakpoints) a test firmware that toggles a pin. Here is the debug session on Eclipse:

And the pin signal on oscilloscope:

I am sharing the firmware here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/tree/master/Bafang_LCD_850C_firmware

And technical notes about the LCD: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/wiki/Bafang-850C

As now I have all the wiring from the microcontroller to LCD, next step is try to initialize and write to LCD. The issue is that I don't know which LCD driver it uses... but I guess it is something popular, something that uses 16 data lines + some control lines.

So finally the got my open source firwmware on. It's great, thanks Casainho fir all the work. Next question - when is walk mode going to be enabled ? This is a feature I make a lot of use of as I go bikepacking with my toute terrain mule trailer and often have to push when in difficulty terrain as I find it difficult with only one lung . Will this be part of 0.14 ?

@casainho
You're making good progress, nice!

Bartman said:
So finally the got my open source firwmware on. It's great, thanks Casainho fir all the work. Next question - when is walk mode going to be enabled ? This is a feature I make a lot of use of as I go bikepacking with my toute terrain mule trailer and often have to push when in difficulty terrain as I find it difficult with only one lung . Will this be part of 0.14 ?
No I don't think so. 0.14 will be stable version of the firmware with some resolved issues, restructured code and feature toggles. Next on the list is walk assist. I already have some kind of walk assist implemented but couldn't get a speed low enough for walking pace at that time :p
I found the firmware quite hard to read and understand back then and it was easier for me to first restructure and properly document the code before continueing, then also a few bugs were reported. When all of this is done I'll continue with walk assist! I think 0.15 will probably have walk assist.

EndlessCadence said:
@casainho
You're making good progress, nice!

Bartman said:
No I don't think so. 0.14 will be stable version of the firmware with some resolved issues, restructured code and feature toggles. Next on the list is walk assist. I already have some kind of walk assist implemented but couldn't get a speed low enough for walking pace at that time :p
I found the firmware quite hard to read and understand back then and it was easier for me to first restructure and properly document the code before continueing, then also a few bugs were reported. When all of this is done I'll continue with walk assist! I think 0.15 will probably have walk assist.

Great, look forward to seeing this feature.

nbdriver said:
Did someone uses this motor with a 9 speed chain ?

Yes and without issues

EndlessCadence said:
I've now also ordered this power control board because it is very small, can switch my battery voltage and should handle the load well. Although it's a logic level MOSFET, 6V control voltage shouldn't be a problem I think.

Should receive it very soon, will let you guys know!

The MOSFET is also really cheap on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-lot-NEW-RFP30N06LE-P30N06LE-30A-60V-TO-220/32835135967.html
My lights are working with the MOSFET above and this DC-DC converter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC-24V-36V-48V-60V-20V-60V-to-6V-5A-DC-DC-Converter-Step-Down-Buck/32714423315.html

The lights turn on perfect and the motor keeps assisting while the lights are on. Nothing runs hot or even warm. But, the lights don't turn off until I switch off battery power. I must have some phantom power somewhere or the TSDZ2 light output has a buffer (capacitor) and the MOSFET wasn't drawing enough current to empty the buffer during my test. Should be able to fix this soon, will review the firmware as well. I'll post some pictures and a guide soon!

Great to see 0.14 released endlesscadence. Does this fix the lag is motor Assis when you stop /start pedalling when the bike is moving ? I kinda like the lag on Forrest tracks, but it's no good when doing MTB tracks.

Does the 48v version of the TSDZ2 have noticeable more torque than th 36v version ? I tow a trailer with camping gear and was wondering if there would be any benefit to intstall a 48v motor to get more torque,

Can someone please help me; I've tried connecting the ST Link to the Speed sensor on the TSDZ2 to flash the firmware to the motor but whatever I do, I get the same Swim comms error; started with cables inc connectors at 9cm and cut them down to 5cm...still doesn't work; spent the whole weekend creating cables then soldering and re-soldering t different lengths; nothings worked. I do have a speed sensor cable but don't want to cut it up if I get the same result as I've followed JB's and Casainho and indeed Eco ebikes instructions but to no avail. :(
I've flashed the 0.14 hex file to the LCD3 without a problem.

Hi Guys, bought a dissembled motor as an additional motor to build another bike for friends to use and starting to put it back together. It had previously a catastrophic failure of the torque sensor ( it totally broke up some how ) and all parts of the engine are apart. I've now purchased another torque sensor.

It would appear that the 3 small springs that pressure the stationary part of the sensor outwards are missing, does anyone have any idea of what size they are or perhaps have them spare or a part number and /or a contact for purchasing them.

Is there a repair manual online any where as there's a couple of shims I'm not to sure of where they should go ?

Thanks.

Bartman said:
Great to see 0.14 released endlesscadence. Does this fix the lag is motor Assis when you stop /start pedalling when the bike is moving ? I kinda like the lag on Forrest tracks, but it's no good when doing MTB tracks.
I hope you'll enjoy it!
No, not yet. But we should be able to fix that soon. I also find it a bit annoying.

aja said:
Can someone please help me; I've tried connecting the ST Link to the Speed sensor on the TSDZ2 to flash the firmware to the motor but whatever I do, I get the same Swim comms error; started with cables inc connectors at 9cm and cut them down to 5cm...still doesn't work; spent the whole weekend creating cables then soldering and re-soldering t different lengths; nothings worked. I do have a speed sensor cable but don't want to cut it up if I get the same result as I've followed JB's and Casainho and indeed Eco ebikes instructions but to no avail. :(
Do you use battery power while programming or the power from the programmer (5V) itself? Btw I have two ST Link V2 programmers, they both have another connector layout and I think have the RST/SWIM swapped. Both are bought from the same supplier. Maybe check this too. Are you using a USB extension cable or hub?
But programming your display worked...

EndlessCadence said:
aja said:
Do you use battery power while programming or the power from the programmer (5V) itself? Btw I have two ST Link V2 programmers, they both have another connector layout and I think have the RST/SWIM swapped. Both are bought from the same supplier. Maybe check this too. Are you using a USB extension cable or hub?
But programming your display worked...
I’ve tried using battery power and the 5V wire on the ST Link. I used 5V for the LCD3. I’ve swapped RST and Swim around as well as GND and tried to read the controller in the ST software. No USB extension- straight into USB port. ST Link straight into speed sensor on motor. As the display programming worked perhaps it’s the wiring? Continuity is fine.

See if you can still read the LCD ? Just checking that your drivers are still working..

Back