Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

I’m not sure how less amps could make more torques unless the MaxE was not properly tuned or the shunt was improperly set up?

Tom

csc said:
Rear motor is now a qs273 4000w 4t (magnets gaps epoxied, sprayon coated, 20ml ferrofluid). Really huge acceleration and no heating. I bet on field weakening, based on the idea that the most challenging situation for an ebike is start and stop in a city, or high mountain climbing. This genearates more heat than FW on fast road according to my experience. Currently real on road max speed (at 82v) is 92 kmh, without knowing exactly what margin I have with the field weakening on the rear

Front motor is still a mxus 3k 3t, but it behaves very differently than with the max e. Much more torque, I had to reduce power to avoid burning the front tire too fast. Which makes me think I could keep it, as I was formerly thinking of a 4t for the front too

Clearly all what I thought about motor temp has to be reset. Rear saw no more than 45°c (ambient 18) (short distance under 15km) where the max e would have generated 80° at least with the rear mxus 3k 3t (rear takes the whole effort during accelerations). (would appreciate a way to check both motors' temps on the single display, currently you have to chose one motor or the other)

Can't say precisely what's the repartition of improvements between motors and controllers.

But it's a great combo !

Work in progress
Great News!
I think it is very soon to make a conclusion but from what you all say it should be a very efficient controller.
My MXUS 3K 4T motor reaches 145C after 25km with midi-e (FF & dual hub sinks).
BTW how is it possible to be faster compared to max-e ?
Maybe it is just the initial startup feeling because adaptto controllers have very soft start.

Guys I don't know it's just a feeling

Maybe in 4 years of using max e I was never able to reach the good settings ?

The fact is that my front wheel is much torquier than before on the whole range (low and high speed)

csc said:
Guys I don't know it's just a feeling

Maybe in 4 years of using max e I was never able to reach the good settings ?

The fact is that my front wheel is much torquier than before on the whole range (low and high speed)

Aha so it's not only the initial acceleration that means something!
Maybe Vasilis has a secret innovation We don't know yet about these small controllers
and they give more power.

I did a 60 km trip today, full throttle until the legal speed limits, and it's obvious : efficiency is higher than my previous 2x max e, as I spend the same amount of electricity than before but have a higher average speed, hyper much more torque, and less heat (rear qs273 "4000w" max temp was 69°C)

Began with 83v, came back with 73, top speed 102 kmh (with FW set at 40a in torque mode, maximum programmable being 100a), max power 16930w, wh/km 2929 (cumulation of both motors consumption)

Video uploading !

Do you have controllers in stock and any estimate when you release 18 or 24f versions? Before next summer?

csc said:
I did a 60 km trip today, full throttle until the legal speed limits, and it's obvious : efficiency is higher than my previous 2x max e, as I spend the same amount of electricity than before but have a higher average speed, hyper much more torque, and less heat (rear qs273 "4000w" max temp was 69°C)

Began with 83v, came back with 73, top speed 102 kmh (with FW set at 40a in torque mode, maximum programmable being 100a), max power 16930w, wh/km 2929 (cumulation of both motors consumption)

Video uploading !

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit mixed up with your numbers. 83v, 16930w , so around 200amp peak? also Wh/km should probably be around 40 at a guess.

Sorry it was in private mode

Not hyper funky though : just a speed limits respecting ride !

I'll give more precise data in the fex next days about the config

Efficiency is really surprising

My batteries have a total of 20s 28p, Panasonic PF, theoretically able of 280amps continuous, but I try not to go over 180 peak for lifetime reasons.

The power needed to maintain 100kmh is 82amps (battery) at 75 / 80v (around 30 amps front and 50 rear)

It's at least 30 amps less than the adaptto system with 2 x mxus 3t

At low speed consumption is equivalent but there's more torque, of course now there's a qs273 4000 on the rear so it's not simple to compare, but I would have expected a frankly bigger need in amps, which obviously is not happening.

Good move

csc said:
Efficiency is really surprising

The power needed to maintain 100kmh is 82amps (battery) at 75 / 80v (around 30 amps front and 50 rear)

It's at least 30 amps less than the adaptto system with 2 x mxus 3t

At low speed consumption is equivalent but there's more torque, of course now there's a qs273 4000 on the rear so it's not simple to compare, but I would have expected a frankly bigger need in amps, which obviously is not happening.

Good move

I am very happy because this intelligent, good guy has created by himself something unique & very promising that the whole adaptto team couldn't do properly and has left so many unsatisfied customers around the World.

Keep posting about your review.

I have a question, can you monitor at the main screen motors one & two amperage separately?

Nope, unless I missed something

200+ parameters to tweak in the menus...

First tests today, all functions are working as we requested and expected. Testing on 160 phase amps, 60A battery.
[youtube]SWikTCA6lKM[/youtube]
More info on the bike :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=96809&p=1418174#p1418174

VasiliSk said:
redline2097 no stock, there is a queue. 6F production come first, than bms and 24F

Vasili, please put me on the list for a 12F and a 6F complete sets for when they become available.

First tests with the nucular
We are happy about the fetures, tuning and usability. We reached 180-190 phase amps no problem, no cutouts.
[youtube]Bxx2NR8zcDc[/youtube]

bzhwindtalker said:
First tests with the nucular
We are happy about the fetures, tuning and usability. We reached 180-190 phase amps no problem, no cutouts.

amazing news thanks for sharing

24F ~450Aph ~300Ab 90Vmax IP54
Don't know when they will be available for sale, i've only started prototyping. Price ~600$

maitilupas, which one do you want? i will add you to queue and PM when ready to ship it.

BTW, this is how 6F assembled looks like:
SNCwf7Ql.jpg

Casing much bigger than pcb. I will try to make a smaller one, but not sure if i can keep same power for small case
Also i've installed one in my E-TWOW scooter instead original controller, just replaced PCB

Back