Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

http://www.lightcarbon.com/new-enduro-full-suspension-ebike-frameset-with-bafang-engine_p104.html

Attachments

• 2018-08-17_15-25-58.png
    2018-08-17_15-25-58.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 3,625
Enclosed listing on Pink bike that looks like a Dengfu bike that’s built up and wEighs only 43 lbs. it has the Shimano 8000 Step motor . It provides the list of parts required to keep the weight down . I know when I speced my bike it had less expensive parts like a Rock Shock Yari but with carbon wheels all from Dengfu it was closer to $3300 with out shipping ,without saddle and seat post . But this bike in the ad has very expensive parts like the Rock Shock Pike , very expensive wheels which look similar to the ones I speced for only $440 instead of the ad price of $1900 and also Thompson Dropper Post for $500 .Although we know if we buy direct from Dengfu we can build this bike for less it is interesting to see how low the weight can go keep in mind the Bafang Motor and Battery combo weighs more than the Shimano but the Bafang is rated at 120 Nm with much 14.1 ah larger battery rated more than double the battery size and also 48 volt instead of only 36 volt for the Shimano battery’s 400-500 watthour .

Attachments

• 73EE2D86-F275-46D9-8C20-C7A648F3D152.png
    73EE2D86-F275-46D9-8C20-C7A648F3D152.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 3,598
  • 81675C64-7B09-448F-8271-093CBE5B0072.png
    81675C64-7B09-448F-8271-093CBE5B0072.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,598
OK, I have a new Bafang Ultra powered bike, looks as if it was made by Kaiyi in China. Looks a lot like a Frey, etc.

The frame is too big for me to use while wearing police uniform (BDU) pants. The standover height is just a little too tall. I can probably get by but if there was an easy option I'd be interested.

Is it feasible to buy a correctly sized and maybe lighter frame and switch my parts over? Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area who I could pay to do the conversion? Thanks for any info.

I think I found a way to by pass the Bafang M 600 programming which limits the speed to 45 KPH .with the following conversion if anybody has done this or at least review this and confirm this can be done I would appreciate it. This completely removed the actual programmed LCD dsiplay with the Cycle Anaylst of the Grin Technologies Here is the link https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/cycle-analyst-v3/special-edition-ca3-bbs-setOriginal_Cycle_Analyst_CA3-DP_300pix.jpg : Original Cycle Analyst CA3-DP

>> Cycle Analyst V3 - GRIN original CA3-DP

How do I swap JST for HIGO connectors on the Cycle Analyst?

Taking the original Cycle Analyst V3 as a base, as a first step the original JST cable connectors are replaced with HIGO cable connectors (model CA3-HIGO).

In a second step, the original rear housing is replaced with a modified 3D-printed rear housing. This lets you use up to 10 HIGO panelmount connectors and a custom handlebar quick mount centre clamp for 31.8 mm (or 1 1/4") diameter handlebars. This is the model CA3-CX (C for Custom and X for 10 in roman numerals).
•more Info directly from the manufacturer GRIN technologies, Canada
•the unofficial user guide UUG in englisch language
•read our article: Tuning the Cycle Analyst V3

NEW! Internal wiring diagram for Cycle Analyst CA3-HIGO and CA3-CX

I currently have the Cycle analyst I bought for my scooter so I will know more after I install it but I think this would be the way to go. This link is a German dealer for Grin that developed the conversion for Bafang motors . The problem is its for a wired Bafang motor not the current blue tooth version of the M 600. IM hoping it has some of the connectors to make this work . Until I get some feed back from some of you who bought this motor we wont know.

eltee said:
OK, I have a new Bafang Ultra powered bike, looks as if it was made by Kaiyi in China. Looks a lot like a Frey, etc.

The frame is too big for me to use while wearing police uniform (BDU) pants. The standover height is just a little too tall. I can probably get by but if there was an easy option I'd be interested.

Is it feasible to buy a correctly sized and maybe lighter frame and switch my parts over? Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area who I could pay to do the conversion? Thanks for any info.

My suggestion is ask this in the Frey Bafang Ultra Forum this is for the Bafang M 600 which is not the same as yours. I think there are several really good dealers for E bikes in San Francisco that should be able to help you out. I think Motostrano is one that may be able to help.

Would anyone know if the Bafang throttle shown in the photo here would simply plug into the M600 platform? I see also Luna sells the throttle extension cable also shown. I don't know if the M600 throttle has a short cable like the HD1000's or if one would need an extension to plug it in way down by the motor/controller or if the pin outs are even compatable with the M600.I have really enjoyed the new half twisters that Luna is selling for the HD 1000, super comfortable for a cheaper throttle solution so I am wanting to use this throttle on the new bike when it arrives.

Seems like detailed photos of all the components on this platform are scarce on the M600 to date. Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 9.15.28 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-08-18 at 9.16.33 PM.jpg

http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/210.html New photos from the Denfu site. Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 2.13.44 PM.jpg

Wayne,..and others,..
These new integrated drive bike are all very appealing but, ...are you not concerned that so far no one has been able to source any spares for the Bafang Max, 600, or Ultra motor drive units ?
Hopefully that will change eventually, but currently, if something fails in the drive ( even a single component in the controller)..the only option seems to be to replace the entire drive unit ! :shock:

Yes hillhater you have a valid concern.

For me there just is not any other choice to go with that gives ground clearance, quiet and a throttle so my thinking is even if the motor is a dud or there is no parts to get I somehow swap over to a Shimano Step motor that will fit into the M09. Nots saying this is a good plan (I would be then without a throttle) but I just don't see any alternatives at this point. If only someone made a decent frame to tuck that stupid HD utter up into I would stay with the HD platform. My HD1000 was the very first one to land in North America, it was the one from the Vegas show few years back and it is still performing like the day I got it. Just lacking a trailworthy FS frame to put it into.

Hi,
M600 motor comes with different connectors. "old" style, like your picture are HIGO MINI B but M600 comes with MINI F. They are triangular in shape and smaller so the throttle might work but connection is not.

Hey SurfingJeff, any updates on your bike. I am not sure if you actually have the bike yet in your possession or still waiting on delivery. Any updates will be encouraging.

My bike is on order I have paid half now and the balance when it ships. The latest news from Dengfu is they are waiting for Bafang to supply the battery packs. It sounds like this is the only hold up but the language barrier is difficult to sort through. They are trying their best I am sure and I realized to start with this was going to be a bit of a gamble and require some patience. My request to Dengfu yesterday was if the battery did not arrive to them by next week just send the bike as is with motor and all the components I asked for and send the battery latter. Who knows with a smaller battery sent after the fact it may even arrive sooner than the bike. Not sure if they will do this but I am just trying to get the bike shipped as soon as I can without any hold ups. The good news is it's a 7 day shipment from Dengfu to Canada but who knows if things get held up in customs etc.

Also if anyone from Canada can chime in regarding to what kind of hold ups may happen with customs/border issues on a full bike shipped from China will be helpful. My worries on the shipment is not just my impatience but I am out of country for 5 months on a road trip so if the bike does not arrive by early October I would just probably cancel the order but we will wait a bit before I do that.

waynebergman said:
Hey SurfingJeff, any updates on your bike. I am not sure if you actually have the bike yet in your possession or still waiting on delivery. Any updates will be encouraging.

My bike is on order I have paid half now and the balance when it ships. The latest news from Dengfu is they are waiting for Bafang to supply the battery packs. It sounds like this is the only hold up but the language barrier is difficult to sort through. They are trying their best I am sure and I realized to start with this was going to be a bit of a gamble and require some patience. My request to Dengfu yesterday was if the battery did not arrive to them by next week just send the bike as is with motor and all the components I asked for and send the battery latter. Who knows with a smaller battery sent after the fact it may even arrive sooner than the bike. Not sure if they will do this but I am just trying to get the bike shipped as soon as I can without any hold ups. The good news is it's a 7 day shipment from Dengfu to Canada but who knows if things get held up in customs etc.

Also if anyone from Canada can chime in regarding to what kind of hold ups may happen with customs/border issues on a full bike shipped from China will be helpful. My worries on the shipment is not just my impatience but I am out of country for 5 months on a road trip so if the bike does not arrive by early October I would just probably cancel the order but we will wait a bit before I do that.

Wayne I am waiting patiently and wth anticipation for your bike to arrive. I did not order a bike yet. Actually I broke my ankle mountain biking so I’m out for three months anyway . I think the current 28 mph /45kph on this motor should be fine . But I really think this Bafang M600 motor is capable of much more. Since now I know you have the Bafang Ultra and you can compare both bikes really want your comparisons input. I also have been looking at the new Spitzing Evolution but at double the price and no throttle . http://ebikemag.com/m1-spitzing-evolution-una-nuova-potente-e-mtb-per-il-2019/ . Once you get your bike you can tell me how much room we have in the battery frame area to allow for higher capacity battery . Also see exactly what your bike weighs .

Wayne take a look at this other Forum https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91738&hilit=Carbon+fiber+bafang+ultra. Provides. German Enginnered Carbon fiber Ultra frame

Progress with using a different manufacturer for an M600 based frameset. Actually two, a fs and a ht. FS proto finalized geo so it’s first in line. Proto frames will be non integrated batteries to accommodate the 15ah 2170 battery being developed along side.

Should have all the parts and pieces together by the end of November hopefully the M600 is as good as it looks like on paper!

I was told by Dengfu that my bike SHOULD ship by today and the battery will follow. I did not want the battery to hold up shipment so Dengfu will send the battery when they get it from Bafang, hopefully soon.......edit.........miss understanding as I was thinking the shipment would be on the day of this post but it may now be next week. They have promised the bike will arrive by October 1st so I guess still lots of time to meet that promise. I will post pics of the bike as soon as Dengfu sends me the photos which should be just before it ships.

Aluminum FS prototype M600 frame on its way to t4/t6 heat treatment. Won’t be the lightest frame but good enough to confirm the geo and go from there.

Put battery company together with Bafang for BMS protocols and CAN today. The frame as shown is for the Bafang 18650 integrated battery. Next frame will be for the 2170 external battery.

eride said:
is it open source alu frames? can be bought where?

Yes, open source. Probably a few months out on production however. Depends on how well the proto rides as we are working with then to have it inline with up to date geo which wasn’t their original plan.

They are also a carbon facility and after the proto stage that will be an option as well.

Nice going Fred, good to see you have your frame.

Not sure if you are having any luck getting questions answered from Bafang but I have been kind of given the cold shoulder as far as any support for questions I have had on the M600 platform. Love my bike and the motor seems solid but I have a few questions still and I would like to ask you if you are in contact with any Bafang representatives for tech support could you ask for me if this motor & contorller support a 52 volt battery pack (58 V full charge)?
Also when you get your throttle (I am assuming you are ordering a throttle) could you send me a photo of its connector. I am guessing its a 6pin female purple connector but not sure why they have a 6 pin on our throttles. I see a 6pin male purple connector inside my motor housing so I am guessing it is for the throttle that is still to come on my bike?
Good luck with your bike Fred, I am sure you will be happy with it........wayne

waynebergman said:
Nice going Fred, good to see you have your frame.

Not sure if you are having any luck getting questions answered from Bafang but I have been kind of given the cold shoulder as far as any support for questions I have had on the M600 platform. Love my bike and the motor seems solid but I have a few questions still and I would like to ask you if you are in contact with any Bafang representatives for tech support could you ask for me if this motor & contorller support a 52 volt battery pack (58 V full charge)?
Also when you get your throttle (I am assuming you are ordering a throttle) could you send me a photo of its connector. I am guessing its a 6pin female purple connector but not sure why they have a 6 pin on our throttles. I see a 6pin male purple connector inside my motor housing so I am guessing it is for the throttle that is still to come on my bike?
Good luck with your bike Fred, I am sure you will be happy with it........wayne
Actually Wayne that is not my frame. That is the aluminum frame that Big Wheel posted. I have been talking with the same company and they just released the pictures. My frame is a Carbon fiber and we are still waiting on the motor from Bafang so it has not shipped yet. So waiting for that to happen. But sorry to say I did not order a throttle for my bike as I use it exclusively off road and trails are class 1 only around here.
I will keep these questions on my mind and as soon as I get mine I will pass on what I find.

Was poking around on alibaba and this looks interesting. Not carbon fiber but full suspension with M600 motor. Min order of 5.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-configuration-electric-mountain-bike-with_60801788665.html

27-5-Cool-electric-bicycle-with-hidden.png

Tom said:
Was poking around on alibaba and this looks interesting. Not carbon fiber but full suspension with M600 motor. Min order of 5.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/High-configuration-electric-mountain-bike-with_60801788665.html

27-5-Cool-electric-bicycle-with-hidden.png
Specs are wrong, M600 is not 350w and the pics aren't an M600. Plus it is too cheap for an M600. My battery and motor was $1200 alone. They might doing one and just haven't got pics up. There are also a lot of builders that will play with words to get you to buy!
Be careful and good luck!
Fred

Are you sure about the pics not being an M600? Unless my eyes are deceiving me the motor most definitely says M600 in the pics.

Back