QS 3000w midmotor

connected today new 72200 controller install and parameters ok, but no power at all it just start at 5amps it will drive but no startingtorque at all, something wrong with controller, or is the motor? this is the third sabvoton i settup so i did twice halltest and everything seems ok .Still no power :(

So you've got smooth rotation at low current or how is it working? Maybe post a video of a test.

Do you have an isolation tester? If so, you could try measuring between each phase end and motor shell.

Do you have another motor you can try the controller with?

dont have another motor to test, what do you mean with a isolation tester? A tester to test shorts?So how do you check?
It runs but doesnt have power like it should.

Some shorts don't show until you reach higher voltage, an isolation tester would show that, it can send a high volt signal
i guess that coil short is not the root cause so if you don't have one then it's no big deal.

I had a powervelocity controller where they had got silicone sealant on the current contacts, that was on all five (b+, b-, phase1-3)
It couldn't initially feed more than 30A due to the poor electrical connection but i could get the full power out after cleaning the contacts. Sabvoton and powervelocity seems to have the same casing so it might be same issue. Check all connections, clean/scrape with some emery cloth if needed.

If you have another throttle it's worth it to try to switch. Is throttle signal value measured/shown in Sabvoton program? (Do you reach 100% throttle?)

Problem almost solved trottle dont give maximum volt.It just showed that it gave just 1.94 volt normaly it was 4.8volt.Maybe the trottle is damaged when i blow up my controller :shock: its a domino ,somebody know of this problem? By the way the motor still pulls hard not damaged at all :D

Problem almost solved trottle dont give maximum volt.It just showed that it gave just 1.94 volt normaly it was 4.8volt.Maybe the trottle is damaged when i blow up my controller :shock: its a domino ,somebody know of this problem? By the way the motor still pulls hard not damaged at all :D

I'd guess that throttle issue is not connected to your controller blowing if you didn't crash. More likely the throttle connector wires damaged someplace from wear and tear (or the unplugging when you switched controller). You could check if the resistance on throttle side is reasonable, it's 0-5.5kOhm for the Domino, if you get another span then there's an issue.

I did some drag races and top speed trials and my QS motor/controller combo does 105km/h unrestricted and got only slightly warm on the outside :D
There were cutouts during the drag races so the controller seems to struggle, i'll see if i can fix it by lowering the phase current which is at 9960 (A?) now in the program.

:lol: 9960, unreal number :lol: The Chinese spec writers at work again or just a parameter from 0-99.6%..

Using some power to weight ratios of other BLDC motors, the QS 3000 might actually deliver 7kw continuous and around 19kw peak. I did my math using another motor called the ME1115 which weighs 35lbs (QS 138 weighs 24lbs) and delivers 12kw continuous and 30kw peak. This seems to line up with what users are reporting. I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Edit- Yes, I'm aware the ME1115 has a sine/cosine sensor and a built-in fan. I just figured this would help give a ballpark estimate of the QS 138's actual power.

It's not meaningful to do a comparison between those two motors. Power to weight is about several factors.. like the efficiency, thermal mass and heat shedding potential which can differ wildly between two motors.

Me1115 is about 85% efficient in this plot:
image.png

QS3000W is about 90% efficient if you believe QS. Given an assumption that they could both shed 1000W of heat then QS will output 10kW and ME1115 (only) 6.7kW continuous.

Dyno it yourself and there's a believable figure.. Otherwise you'd need a back to back comparison on the same system to compare.

Not meaningful? I beg to differ. QS slapped a 3000w rating on it without providing us a continuous rating at all. Like I said in my post, I'm attempting to ballpark it, not get a dyno result.

Yes, but you have the wrong comparison to land it in the ballpark.

-I'd ask and take bionicons guesstimate of the power first.

-Second option is to do the caculation i made above with some assumption on the heat shedding potential and duty cycle.

So they want $248 for the motor plus about $100 to ship to USA. Very tempting to buy this and start playing with it before I even begin making my frame.

bionicon said:
just wanne know what amps your going to feed the motor :D

My controller is 220A batt / 470A phase. I think the motor can take more.

Is your Sabvoton controller unlocked?
I'd like to try a controller with something like 750A phase and see if motor still gives more torque or if it's saturated with that kind of current :D

yes its unlocked, just now at 250 battamps and 530 phase, i am sure the motor can take more but i am a little afraid to blow up my controller again :oops:

Anyone got the whole wiring diagram for the Qs 3Kw Motor, Votol em 150 controller and Display.

Back