Bafang Model Types

zukster

1 kW
Lots of good info here but what about the model type? I've been trying to decipher
the models listed on Bafang's site: http://www.szbaf.com/en/product.asp

bafang-model-dimensions.jpg

L2 = drop out / frame width / hub width

SWXB - 146
SWXB3 - 162
QSWXB - 100
SWXH - 136 - Disc brake and up to 8 cog freewheel (sunrace)
QSWXK - 100

Q designate front hubs and S designate rear hubs. L2 looks to be the drop out frame or hub width.

I know people on the forum have used different models. I have a standard North American
Rocky Mountain Mountain bike with 135mm dropout in the rear.

The SWXH fit perfect on my bike with a new 8 cog freewheel (Sunrace). I don't know why it
says only for a 6 cog. Currently running with baby 36V 20amp Infineon controller, and two
Canadian Tire 20V Lithium Yardworks batteries in series = 40V. Its not torquey enough on
the big hills around here, so I might try 3 Yardworks batteries in series = 60V (edit: this worked).

Keywin said
that the controller is good up to 60V, but I tested a battery and it's 21V, so I don't know if
63V will burn out the controller or not... (edit: not yet anyway. Time will tell)

Maybe we could list what models worked for what kind of bike here?

SWXH Info Stamped on Motor

8FUN ->
Voltage: 36VDC (clear sticker)
Output: 250W (same clear sticker)
26 (green sticker)
ZL20003 2 0123400.9
Permanent Magnet brushless high speed hub motors used for electric bicycle
M5X8L
Then, one motor had
BFY806H11541
and the other had
BFY902H11328

Keywin Ge (ecrazyman@gmail.com) confirmed that

SWXH is 2007 designing ,resist 180 Celsius degree.
it suited install disc brake(if you have one) and a 7 speed freewheel or equiv width cluster.

SWXB is 2004 designing ,resist 120 Celsius degree

Has anyone gotten a quote from Keywin? What's the price for a bafang and shipping from him?

TPA said:
Has anyone gotten a quote from Keywin? What's the price for a bafang and shipping from him?

Just ordered a SWXH for $189 USD (including shipping) for estimated 3-5 day UPS delivery.
I actually bought a couple of these, a couple controllers, and a couple of twist throttles.
Saved about $50 altogether by ordering 2 sets - prob on the shipping.

Keywin is great to deal with and gets back to you right away. After 9pm PST that is. I guess
my Canada West Coast night hours match his day working hours in China.

So don't be shy to email him at Keywin Ge ( ecrazyman@gmail.com )

Hi zukster - or someone else with a Bafang SWXH - would you mind checking the actual dropout width needed for this motor please? I have conflicting information:

136mm - Bafang table from their website (in zuckster's post above)
136mm - "Rear emf motor" from the disgraced Brett White's website http://www.ebike.biz/P4.htm
135mm - http://www.bmsbattery.com and other sources (I think)
138mm - the detail drawing that Keywin kindly sent me the other day - for the "SWXH6" model

I know that's only a small discrepancy but it might make the difference between having to spread my dropouts or not. I'm wondering if there is one or more variations of the SWXH kicking around out there? Please let me know if you have the measurement handy anyone.

Edit: Looking more closely at Keywin's drawing and Brett White's it looks like Keywin's has a couple of mm more for the space where the 6-8 speed freewheel goes. Perhaps Bafang updated their design, or produced a variant with a little extra room. The consequence might be though that it won't fit North American mountain bike dropouts without modification.

I just noticed that Bafang has increased the number of motors in their product line.
They even have some kind of climber model.

Has anyone reviewed them all yet who could summarize? I haven't had time to go over them yet.

marshy said:
Edit: Looking more closely at Keywin's drawing and Brett White's it looks like Keywin's has a couple of mm more for the space where the 6-8 speed freewheel goes. Perhaps Bafang updated their design, or produced a variant with a little extra room. The consequence might be though that it won't fit North American mountain bike dropouts without modification.

I put an 8 speed freewheel on the SWXH without a problem too.

Back