Vector bike and frame owners.

without thread on a contact point you have more contact surface and less preasure on material of shock and shock support.

vector_bolt.jpg

Artur said:
without thread on a contact point you have more contact surface and less preasure on material of shock and shock support.

vector_bolt.jpg
I did actually mention in one email that I thought it would be better without threads :) could you tell me the exact specification of those bolts so I can find them or are they custom made? Another question; I have taken the threaded bolts in and out quite a few times, could that have made the bolt holes bigger?

Ghost Rider said:
Artur said:

vector_bolt.jpg
I did actually mention in one email that I thought it would be better without threads :) could you tell me the exact specification of those bolts so I can find them or are they custom made? Another question; I have taken the threaded bolts in and out quite a few times, could that have made the bolt holes bigger?

i dont think you would chip off the metal, maybe just paint a bit. If you need this bolts, just pay for shipping, I will send you this 2 bolts with nuts andwashers , as you bought our frame. thank you for your support!!

Okay cool, received the battery I ordered from Artur, 24s15p w/bms. Panasonic 18650PF cells
The outside box was pretty warped, I'm surprise it didn't come a part, but the other box and packaging with the battery inside was well protected.
Here are some video's with the delivery driver and the package.
[youtube]pWjUzFigjQA[/youtube]
he's waiting for me to show up
[youtube]WnPRmAfmmYY[/youtube]
[youtube]fZ5aGCNnDlY[/youtube]
[youtube]h_uIebyKx70[/youtube]
I have a few questions. Its been since I have dealt with a bms.

I assume the large green wire coming from the bms is the negative and that the large red coming from battery is positive.

What is the blue wire coming from the bms and the yellow wire coming from the battery?

Also, do I need a pre-charge wire with a resistor for this battery, so I don't get a pop/flash when connecting to the controller? Currently on my lipo battery pack for another bike I do, but then again I don't have a bms.

I'm tight space in the Vector Typhoon frame, would it be alright to a fix this bms to the side of that battery pack or would that be a bad idea because of heat?

If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Artur said:
you can mount it on a side. about wire colors i wrote yo email already. I recommend to use short cirquit switch to turn on off power to avoid a spark. glad that 3 layers of protecktion did a job!
So, its okay to mount the bms on the side of the battery, good to know. There just isn't enough room in that frame for that battery. Thank god for the wide side covers.
Any information on the RCP2 850 lbs 220mm rear shock I ordered from you? That is the only piece i'm missing for this build.
Yes, very good idea to triple up on the layers for packaging these batteries.
Thanks for the email earlier.

I still think it's weird that it's presumably okay that the bolts can move vertically(makes a loud knocking sound when lifting bike) in the holes if they're not super tight.
On my previous bike(a full suspension XC bike), I couldn't move the shock bolts vertically even when they were completely loose.

Ghost Rider said:
I still think it's weird that it's presumably okay that the bolts can move in the holes if they're not super tight.
On my previous bike(a full suspension XC bike), I couldn't move the shock bolts vertically even when they were completely loose.

new bolts comes in a size that fit perfect.

Artur said:
Ghost Rider said:
I still think it's weird that it's presumably okay that the bolts can move in the holes if they're not super tight.

What is the size of the new bolts ? Are they 8mm? Because my shock mounts have two different sizes(as I have explained in emails to Vector) so, I'm sure that getting new bolts won't get rid of the play in the upper shock mount. (I have tried unthreaded bolts, and still have play.) Upper shock mount is 8.2 mm.

I just checked my XC frame and even with the bolts completely loose there is no play in any of the shock mounts.
And that is a cheap "no-brand" frame, however it's made in Taiwan, not in red China.

Is it impossible to make a upper shock mount that is exactly 8mm?

Artur said:
Ghost Rider said:

how much would I have to pay for a new upper shock mount that is exactly 8? Plus threadless bolts?

Ghost Rider said:
Artur said:
Ghost Rider said:

how much would I have to pay for a new upper shock mount that is exactly 8? Plus threadless bolts?

just a shipping, and a feedback on webpage ;)

Thanks you Vector Ebike ! I'm really happy of the quality of the product. Nice look and good services. Excellent purchase. After assembly, i will post pictures of my awesome Ebike :D :D

Does anyone have a source for the sidecover screws? I'm looking for screws with knobs on them to turn by hand.

pucksterpete said:
Thanks, I'm coming up with 5.8mm diameter, so is this a M5 or M6 screw?
It's M6.

I got the new shock mount and the unthreaded bolts from Vector,
and this time the bolt hole was small enough, so there's no play anymore.

First ride with new shock mount:

20181020_201552(0)2.jpg

The Vector moto seat is very comfortable, but I wish there was a taller version of it. (relative to the bottom bracket)
Don't want to use longer shock or flipping the mount because I want the slack head angle I have now.

Gonna try to find somthing to make a taller subframe for the seat.

Ghost Rider said:
pucksterpete said:
Thanks, I'm coming up with 5.8mm diameter, so is this a M5 or M6 screw?
It's M6.

I got the new shock mount and the unthreaded bolts from Vector,
and this time the bolt hole was small enough, so there's no play anymore.

First ride with new shock mount:

20181020_201552(0)2.jpg

The Vector moto seat is very comfortable, but I wish there was a taller version of it. (relative to the bottom bracket)
Don't want to use longer shock or flipping the mount because I want the slack head angle I have now.

Gonna try to find somthing to make a taller subframe for the seat.

Very clean built :D Maybe one of the lightest on the forum ) Glad the new bolts and mount is what you need, thank you for helping us :wink:

Also if you have ideas of what would you want to change on frame, feel free to post it here, I will definetly keep it in mind for our future frame designs.

impressive, glad the guy was okay.

Artur said:
Very clean built :D Maybe one of the lightest on the forum ) Glad the new bolts and mount is what you need, thank you for helping us :wink:

Also if you have ideas of what would you want to change on frame, feel free to post it here, I will definetly keep it in mind for our future frame designs.

There are some things I wish were a little different on the frame. One thing is the head angle. Maybe it's just me but it seems to be steeper than on a downhill bike(when you have 240 mm in the back and).
This doesnt really bother me because I have a shorter shock, but if I wanted a DH shock I feel like the angle would be a little steep.

The second thing is the lenght of the head tube. It seems pretty long compared to downhill bikes.
My 2011 Boxxer Race has just a little more than 190mm not fully 200mm, even with the tall crown to accomodate the taller head tube.
But I guess it would make the frame weaker with a shorter headtube?

Recently switched from EEB to Vector as I am building high end bikes I needed a frame to match the EEB was causing them to be confused for Chinese import bikes

What a difference in quality anyone on the fence about buying one don't be, I have used Qulbix too but the cost and the need for a proper derailleur was not popular

Here is my last unsold Qulbix I haven't even bothered to build it up

AccountMember said:
What a difference in quality anyone on the fence about buying one don't be, I have used Qulbix too but the cost and the need for a proper derailleur was not popular
What did you mean with "proper derailleur"?
You can use a single speed freewheel and single speed chain tensioner so there is no need for a derailleur.

I have built ebikes with both frames. IMO the overall build quality of Qulbix frames is much better and i think it is a stupid idea to put the Q140 to the side and using a Vector instead :eek:

Qulbix is using high strength steel with >1000N/mm² while Vector frames are built with S235 or S350.
It you compare it with a Q140 the latter has more space for battery, less weight and better geometry (at least i did like the geometry of the Qulbix more). Also the welds were much nicer done and alignment of all parts was perfect (which was not so the case on my Vector frames).

Back