"Monster Board" High power 4X4 board with ATV tires

Grip tape installed. The arrow points to the nose of the board. Being symmetrical, knowing what end is the front is a good thing!

Also, I picked up an ATV jack at Walmart for $52. Perfect for board service.

Matt

Attachments

• 20181006_112551-02.jpeg
    20181006_112551-02.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 2,351
This is RAD! Matt, have you thought of making a similar design but in smaller size? A more portable eboard?

A couple pictures. Though can see the powder coating color of the steel parts and you can see the amount of articulation.

Attachments

• 20181016_194513-01.jpeg
    20181016_194513-01.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,274
  • 20181017_120137-01.jpeg
    20181017_120137-01.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,274
Nice video!

https://youtu.be/sNSKmLGvU_0

Cannot wait to see more videos of that thing...

That is a very, very good piece of work. Well done.

Taken it rock crawling yet? My next comment is based on extensive 4x4ing, and having no experience with mountain boards. But i think you are going to miss the solid axle shaft.

Rule of thumb is is good articulation lessens the need for diff lock. But because one then tend to go into the rougher stuff, once you do get hung up on an obstacle you need diff lock even more.

But that is on a vehicle you can't exactly pick up [emoji3]. Otherwise you might have to fabricate diff locks as well[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Great observation. Differentials are absolutely needed for this board to steer. In fact, open differentials are the only way to go. It is possible that rock crawling could be adversely affected with the lack of lock. But, it's the only way to make a lean steer vehicles steer properly. I've been climbing up-and-down curbs both straight on and at an angle. I'll be posting a video of the results soon. It climbs really well.

I just did some testing. At a full charge on pavement, the board runs 20mph. It runs 18mph max speed off road through most of the charge. Any faster and I get a bit of speed wobbles. Let me tell you, 20mph is really moving off road on a skateboard.......

Maybe place a kart seat on the deck and use the balance of your arms and upper body to lean the board. That should give an interesting drive/ride so low down.
Make it easily detachable to switch between stand up board and low ground, off road "balance karting". 8)

(just thinking outside the box... :mrgreen: )

Yup, my wife even asked me if I was going to do that.

I can tell you it is cool to kneel down on the board and ride it.

Sitting on the board tends to generate wobbles easily. But, I will see if I can tune the wobbles out somehow.

Back