KT motor controllers -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT motor controllers (0.25kW up to 5kW)

please use the DIAGNOSTICS mode or the BluOSEC app to see what the controller is doing. (controlstate, raw values of ADC Voltage reading.

regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
please use the DIAGNOSTICS mode or the BluOSEC app to see what the controller is doing. (controlstate, raw values of ADC Voltage reading.

regards
stancecoke
Thanks for advice again, received Uart yesterday but unable to read any Data I think I might have blown uart by connecting 5v from controller. Originally connected via com 3 but now no longer shows in drop down. I've followed connection diagram connecting black yellow and green to corresponding controller display output. I then stupidly connected red uart cable to controller red pin and the Uart no longer works.

ATTACH]

these are my latest settings to try and use 18v battery low volt cutoff 16v. The system works great unless it times out and shuts down. Or is switched off by mistake when voltage falls below 19v. have tested battery down to 17v with continuous use but there must be another line of code that stops system from restarting if it switched off after voltage falls below 19v. Will try again when uart arrives but if anyone has any interest in helping a tech newbie. you would be preserving what little hair I have left... :lol:

36v,0.48A,the motor runs smoothly,but the motor sound maybe strange.does the motor commutation cause?
[youtube]https://youtu.be/7yqjS6frUGc[/youtube]

No wonder if you use my experimental config with non standard hall angles in it.

Can you check if the advance angle is stable?

regards
stancecoke

reset said:
I then stupidly connected red uart cable to controller red pin.

:shock:

The tutorial says:
Never connect VCC directly to the red wire of the display connector, this will destroy the module!

stancecoke said:

thanks,i have set motor special angle :237,the motor sound quietly.

throttle min-max:43---245
gear ratio :44.2
without pas limit speed:25km/h
(the newest fw)when the throttle is full ,the BLUOSEC app shows the speed 15.4km/h.
i measured the revolution is 183RPM. wheel size is 18' . so the actual speed 15.7km/h.

1:when the throttle is full, the speed should be 25km/h???
2:i rotated the motor not easily while the power 36v was turned on and no throttle.when the power 36v was turned off,i
rotated the motor smoothly.so how to make it run unhindered ?

stancecoke said:

regards
stancecoke

reset said:

The tutorial says:
Never connect VCC directly to the red wire of the display connector, this will destroy the module!

Lesson Learnt... :flame:
The part won't arrive until Monday, I'm not sure what advance angle stability is...
I'm new to all of this and only have a few hours spare each week to look into this due to work and family commitments but I appreciate your patience.

The motor runs fine the only thing I've noticed is when testing with bike on workstand the motor when set to assist 5 seems to pulse a little I'm guessing this is the speed limit I've set. As the speed on the display only appears when the motor has power going to it so I guess it's the ramp on and off kicking in and out. Not sure this will ever be a problem in normal use as the max power i'm looking for is 180w so i'm sure the max speed will ever be reached on the flat or uphills.

stancecoke said:

regards
stancecoke

reset said:

The tutorial says:

Did you have any thoughts on the system not restarting when under 19v, do you know if anyone has tested this with a variable power supply. The system runs fine down to 17v unless it times out and shuts itself down or if the power is switched off by the user.

reset said:
Did you have any thoughts on the system not restarting when under 19v, do you know if anyone has tested this with a variable power supply.

What is the problem? Do you use display and the display is not starting? Or is the display working and the PWM doesn't start, in this case please check the voltage on the blue wire. Or do you use a jumper from red to blue and the PWM doesn't start?

What is the value of the big resistor on the left of the board?

regards
stancecoke

Hi,stancecoke.I have set motor special angle :237,the motor sound quietly.

throttle min-max:43---245
gear ratio :44.2
without pas limit speed:25km/h
(the newest fw)when the throttle is full ,the BLUOSEC app shows the speed 15.4km/h.
i measured the revolution is 183RPM. wheel size is 18' . so the actual speed 15.7km/h.

2:i rotated the motor not easily while the power 36v was turned on and no throttle.when the power 36v was turned off,i

haiyi911 said:

Can you check the duty cycle at top speed in the App? If it is already 255, you will need a higher voltage to get more speed....

haiyi911 said:
That's normal, you will not recognize it while cycling or pushing your bike. The control loop needs some time to contol the battery current to zero

regards
stancecoke

Thanks,stancecoke.
The duty cycle at top speed is 255 in the App. the top speed is 16.9km/h by the KT' original firmware,so maybe different arithmetic has different effects. The motor is fairly quiet. :bigthumb:
btw,hall angle4 ---angle6---angle2--- angle3 ---angle1 ---angle5,how to set these parameters with my motor?

stancecoke said:
reset said:
Did you have any thoughts on the system not restarting when under 19v, do you know if anyone has tested this with a variable power supply.

What is the problem? Do you use display and the display is not starting? Or is the display working and the PWM doesn't start, in this case please check the voltage on the blue wire. Or do you use a jumper from red to blue and the PWM doesn't start?

What is the value of the big resistor on the left of the board?

regards
stancecoke

Yip it's the display no longer comes to life if it's switched off during use. It's continues to work below 19v if not switched off.
not sure if it does this without lcd.

resistor bands from nearest board is gold,black,red,grey. grey resistor.

reset said:
Yip it's the display no longer comes to life if it's switched off during use.

So it's a problem of the LCD, not of our firmware.

You can try to pimp your LCD, there seems to be the possibility to tune the shut off voltage, see here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94070&start=25#p1382956
Perhaps you should ask casainho or nieles how to do the mod. I'm not familiar with these LCDs...

regards
stancecoke

I have found two 22A KT controllers that claim to be sinewave

http://www.topbikekit.com/kt-36v48v-9mosfets-sine-wave-controller-for-big-hailong-case-65pcs-cells-p-712.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-48V22A-Electric-bicycle-standard-sinewave-controller-watertightness-cable-KT-Series-500W-motor-conversion-kit/3521021_32857864688.html?spm=2114.12010615.8148356.29.599f7239kWHHiy

Should I expect the KT open source firmware will work with these controllers?

stancecoke said:
reset said:
Yip it's the display no longer comes to life if it's switched off during use.

So it's a problem of the LCD, not of our firmware.

You can try to pimp your LCD, there seems to be the possibility to tune the shut off voltage, see here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94070&start=25#p1382956
Perhaps you should ask casainho or nieles how to do the mod. I'm not familiar with these LCDs...
I don´t have such knowledge. If you get it done, please share the information. Thank you.

Second one yes, first one, I doubt it, don't see a STM8 on there.

Edit: Second one only limited support for the ZWS type, @see FAQ here:
https://github.com/stancecoke/BMSBattery_S_controllers_firmware/wiki

Aye! <3 Finally, everything works, except I cannot reverse PAS direction neither I can't turn ON the offroad mode... Would it be cool to have offroad enabled from the BluOSEC app somehow? Is there?

Valopallo said:
Aye! <3 Finally, everything works, except I cannot reverse PAS direction neither I can't turn ON the offroad mode... Would it be cool to have offroad enabled from the BluOSEC app somehow? Is there?

I've just added some more information how to determine the right value for PAS threshold in the wiki page:

PAS threshold: Threshold for direction detection from the PAS signal. The value should be the arithmetic mean of the reciprocal of the duty cycle of the PAS-signal during forward and reverse rotation. The appropriate value can be determined by trial and error or by looking at the displayed values at turning the pedals forwards and backwards in "Diagnostics" mode, or look at the value of PAS fraction in the BluOSEC app. Set PAS threshold to a value somewhere in the middle between the value at pedaling forwards and the value at pedaling in reverse. The preset 1.7 was determined for a simple PAS with 8 magnets.
If you found the right value for PAS threshold, the function PAS inverted will work properly.

For activating the offroad mode, use the break lever. You have to find the right rythm according to your settings. This needs some training.

regards
stancecoke

Xnyle said:

Second one yes, first one, I doubt it, don't see a STM8 on there.

Edit: Second one only limited support for the ZWS type, @see FAQ here:
https://github.com/stancecoke/BMSBattery_S_controllers_firmware/wiki
Thanks.
Looking at PSWPower (they list model numbers) SVP correlates to sine wave, ZWS correlates to square wave. So maybe the integrated controlled isn't sine even though it is labeled that way...

I guess I will see when it arrives. Then I can take a better photo.

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your work like this :)
I have read the entire thread, but it has been a while since then.

I have a KT36/48SVPRK-SLS02G (18fet controller)and a LCD3 display. I have just started using it, so I am not sure if I have found all the functions yet.

The question is if I should change to your fw instead this winter. I don´t have any programming skills, so I won´t be able to make changes to fit my needs.

I have not really understood what works and what does´nt work on the LCD3?
Do I get all the speed, distance, W, V etc.?

As I have understood the lcd will not be able to change settings in the controller. You have the app instead. Will I be able to have both the bluetooth module and the LCD3 connected at the same time?

How about cruise control, is that still precent? Ither from LCD3 or hard wired on the controller?

And light switch, when I turn on the lights on the LCD3 I get a signal from the controller for the lights on the bike. Is that still there?

I have a bunch of questions, but I think I will stop here for now :wink:

I really like the possibility to program current and everything on your fw.

The regen is something I am after too.

And the legal mode, I only have offroad mode now..

It seems like you have better efficiency too? With FOC

I thought I should list some of the things that make me want to use your fw too :wink:

As I have understood the lcd will not be able to change settings in the controller.

I already implemented everything so that all p and c parameters could be mapped to some setting. Except for speed limit nothing is wired atm though. You would have to get involved yourself.

You have the app instead. Will I be able to have both the bluetooth module and the LCD3 connected at the same time?

No. But you could just throw away the LCD ;)

How about cruise control, is that still precent? Ither from LCD3 or hard wired on the controller?

Its there somewhere in the code, but currently no way to enable/configure it on the fly (i guess)

And light switch, when I turn on the lights on the LCD3 I get a signal from the controller for the lights on the bike. Is that still there?

Same.

All the points you mention would result in relatively small changes/completions to the app or lcd communication but if you don't want to complete that yourself,...

Alright, thank you.

So as I understand it, everything on the display works. Exept P and C settings, but as I can program them with computer or phone they are not needed.

Wait, change assist level. Does that work?

I like the simplicity of the display, it is there and works when I turn on the bike. If I want to make some changes, or
fault finding the bluetooth app will be very suitable.

To loose cruise control and light control would be bad though.

I think my chances to change/write code to make it work is low. I tried to program an arduino ones, but gave up.

Back