Cyclone 3000w no throttle issue

Millsy32

1 µW
Hi all, firstly great site- a little overwhelming with all the rules etc, but overall heaps of really useful info. My problem is this -
My set up is Norco atomic 08 model with cyclone 3000w mid drive, with 60a blue tooth controller and 72v 20ah luna cycles lithium ion battery pack. After charging the battery to full the other day I hopped on the bike switched it on and no throttle at all. Hall Sensor fault came up on the screen of the app on my iPhone. So I proceeded to change the hall sensor in the motor after checking with Paco at cyclone that this was the correct course of action. Before reassembling the whole kit back on the bike I plugged the motor back in to make sure the hall sensor fault was gone, which it was. I then reassembled the kit on the bike, plugged it all back up, turned it on and still no throttle. When you twist the throttle the motor moves slightly and you can hear a very faint 'click' which I have discovered is the battery BMS cutting out (on the app when you twist the throttle the voltage drops then the faint click occurs and the voltage returns back to normal like when you twist the throttle back to zero). Also after twisting the throttle several times the temperature read out (of the controller) on the app increases each time I try twisting the throttle. Can any one suggest my next step before I pull the motor out again to make sure the hall sensors are pushed all the way in?? Hope that all makes sense.Many thanx in advance ladies and gentlemen. :D

Try the "self learning wire" to tell the controller to sniff the motor with different position of halls.

RBMK said:
Try the "self learning wire" to tell the controller to sniff the motor with different position of halls.

Cheers for the reply but if it has a self learn wire i cant find it anywhere nor does the wiring diagram say that it does. :?

"auto matching", white wires. connect them together, the motor will move slowly. Then short "reverse", motor will move other direction. Release reverse, disconnect matching, motor stops. Done.

Back