New "Lingbei MM28.250 torque sensor mid drive"

I must use a throttle,

Can you make a switch to put on the handlebar , so that you can have both the temperature sensor, and , the throttle connected to the controller then switch back between each ?
Note that most everyone who does DIY e-bike conversion on their bike would know when they are pushing the limits of their motor so they can just let off the throttle for a few seconds , switch over to the temp sensor then back again.

casainho said:
I have to install motor temperature sensor on my TSDZ2 motors: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-motor-temperature-sensor

ScooterMan101 said:
I must use a throttle,

Can you make a switch to put on the handlebar , so that you can have both the temperature sensor, and , the throttle connected to the controller then switch back between each ?
Note that most everyone who does DIY e-bike conversion on their bike would know when they are pushing the limits of their motor so they can just let off the throttle for a few seconds , switch over to the temp sensor then back again.

casainho said:
I have to install motor temperature sensor on my TSDZ2 motors: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-motor-temperature-sensor
It is not possible.

Sometimes the rider is someone like my son or girlfriend that does not know nothing about so they would burn the motor if the system do not protect.

wheelyphased said:
There is no other sensor either on, or adjacent the clutched gear. Compared to kisazul’s images, there is no difference between his earlier motor and my latest V2 motor. So, if the speculation in this thread that a torque signal is derived from the change in phase between these 2 sensors under shaft torsion, it must all happen in the shaft between these 2 rings, right?
Can you find out for certain how many poles are on one ring? Count how many pulses you get from one hall sensor in one full rotation. This will be important for figuring out if we can do fine or course torque measurement.

wheelyphased said:
That’s a maximum peripheral deflection between the rings of 0.024mm or just over 1 thou.
Assuming a cadence of 100rpm, that will be a maximum of 40ms (0.024*100 / 60) of sampling time. If we sample at a relatively low 1KHz, that would give us a 40-1 ratio between torque maximum and minimum levels -- plenty of room to provide multi-level torque assistance.

wheelyphased said:
That’s all. There is no other sensor either on, or adjacent the clutched gear. Compared to kisazul’s images, there is no difference between his earlier motor and my latest V2 motor. So, if the speculation in this thread that a torque signal is derived from the change in phase between these 2 sensors under shaft torsion, it must all happen in the shaft between these 2 rings, right?

I can't believe, that you'll get a proper torque signal from this little deflection. The deflection even would only appear from the torque of the pedal that’s opposite the freewheel clutch. I think there must be three coaxial parts:
1. the shaft itself
2. a tube, geared with the shaft somewhere on middle or slightly the right in the picture, with the freewheel clutch and the outer magnet ring on the left
3. a second tube, fixed to the shaft on the right with the inner magnet ring on it.

In this way you would get a bigger deflection and sensitivity from both crancks.

regards
stancecoke

Can someone here make a list of vendors...
that sell the newer version of this Lingbi that have the 12 mosfets in the controller and can run on 22 amps and 52 volt ( 14s ) battery pack .

How can we tell that or if , they sell the latest 12 fet model ?
( markings on case and/or after what serial number , etc )

Has Lingbi corrected the lack of enough grease in the motor at this time?

Or do we have to buy grease and open up the motor to add enough as a buyer ?

English Speaking Vendors that will communicate in English to a buyer pre and post purchase
are most desirable.

ScooterMan101 said:
Can someone here make a list of vendors...that sell the newer version of this Lingbi that have the 12 mosfets in the controller and can run on 22 amps and 52 volt ( 14s ) battery pack.

According to Ling Bei, there is only one version -- it has 9 MOSFETs. The latest revision of the motor includes a connection for a programming cable (sold separately) and the ability to handle 52V with a maximum of 750W. I don't know if they've changed the grease, but they are very responsive to emails, so you can ask them yourself.

I am not finding Lingbei's webpage on a google search.
Only a Alixxxxxx link, but who knows who is selling any product on that large site from what I have heard and seen myself there are many sellers of any product there on Alixxxxxxx . that are just middlemen/sellers who do not really know much about products they sell .

Anyone who sells the newest version let us know what is going on.

So far it looks like one would have to order the C 600 display in order to get a throttle.
Are there other display's now available for this like a color one?

What kinds of different throttles are available ? It is it easy to just solder in the Red and Black and other color wire from any throttle to make it work with this motor ?

ScooterMan101 said:
I am not finding Lingbei's webpage on a google search.

http://www.lingbeimotor.com/

Select "English" from the round, grey button at the top with "CN" on it.

Also, the current list of sellers: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94220&start=200#p1415336

I have just purchased one of these motors, the sensation of cycling with this motor is outstanding.
I do think I have one of the last firmwares but i still think its really unbalanced between 1 , 2 , 3 4,5 and power and eco and std modes.
is there any way to advance program this motor without taking the motor apart?
if not ,can you Fantasy help me with this? i really need more sensing torque in the first speeds , at least till 3.
I live near Rotterdam, I can travel any place and can pay you hour rate if you feel like helping me out
thanks
Jose

do i have an old version ?
i dont feel almost difference in pas 1,2,3,4,5 and 6levels as well in the eco std and power modes, almost not noticeable difference .

also , any improvment i can make for a better torque arm? only a small torque arm in one side is a bit alarmy

well that was just the display version , ihave the 2.0 motor but i find it stupid the way they programed the pas levels and the lack of good testing , i hope soon we have a way to program this controller a bit better than this shit.

maitilupas, you can check the motor data info underneath to confirm V2.0. It should look like this:
V2motorID.jpg
Lingbei do say these motors are programmable through the green 5-pin display plug just like the Bafangs (no surprises there, then). I have a 2 minute video from Linda at Lingbei showing how to connect via a special box and start the “TREEDE” software.

I’ve lost interest in the motor because it clearly can’t sense pedal torque like my TSDZ2 despite what you read on here and you’ve discovered for yourself how this programming works. Set the assist really high then make it drop off to a low current with cadence so when you encounter a hill without downshifting, the cadence drops & the current ramps up. My BBSHD with the better firmwares (em3EV and Karl’s magic sauce) does something similar and that’s how I use it. However the HD has 30A so you can have a progressive PAS from a base level.

With some improved programming, this will be a nice little BBS02 alternative but it will take the clever people on here to do it, just like the casainho TSDZ2 and the various Bafang flavors. I'm just left wondering if, given all the similarities to Bafang, we can use its firmware too. I'm not putting my hand up for that, it will end in tears and burned controllers.

In the interest of science, anyone else prepared to rip into this motor will discover that to get the crankshaft out, you have to pretty much destroy the non-drive side oil seal. My oil seal man sent me too many so I have a few spare 16x26x7 I can post. PM me if you need.
Marty

Is this lingbei motor stronger than the bafang bbs?
The motor (stator and rotor)seems wider than bafang,does it give 100%power on pedals only or do you need to use throttle to get 100% power like with the bafang bbs
Anybody tried the 250w and know how powerful it is?

you get 100% on pedal in the current configuration actualy the throtle gives you a bit less % than the pedal in full speed and torque.
the motor 350w is very powerfull think it puls like 500 or 600w undeload , i do think 250w versions dont exist.

tsdz2 torque sensor.

I have installed 3 tsdz2 motors and i have broken the torque sensor of two of them,one at about 900 km and the other at 1100 km.one in my mountain bike and the other in my road bike.This torque sensor is really weak.tongshen must made the torque with better material or this motor it is not a good purchase.

toñocid said:
tsdz2 torque sensor.

I have installed 3 tsdz2 motors and i have broken the torque sensor of two of them,one at about 900 km and the other at 1100 km.one in my mountain bike and the other in my road bike.This torque sensor is really weak.tongshen must made the torque with better material or this motor it is not a good purchase.

Are you able to replace the torque sensor? Or is that the end of the engine. That would be quite expensive for only 1000km's.

I replaced one in my mountainbike and it works.But last week i replaced it in my road bike and it does not work,i do not now whats the problem because torque sensor is new.each torque sensor was about 90 euros.it is really expensive.I am really waiting tongsheng improbe torque material for make a more resistant one

the problem is the groove for the ring that fixes the torque gear.this makes the torque extremely weak

Back