JP spot welder

riba2233 said:
We are taking a restock/holiday break until 15 jan 2018! Happy New Year to everybody!
All the best for a happy holiday break. And a Happy New Year to you and yours!

Great news! Still plugging along with repairs with your welder powered by recycled 650A/CCA AGM. A great score. It replaced a Sunnko 799. An unfortunate China welder experience, for me, while others fared well.

On my the bench that monster AGM is no problem. I keep it and a battery conditioner on 24/7/365. All good, no Lipo sweat.

You’ve always supported your products well. Thanks for several good years!

I have several welders. I can’t imagine a reason to not buy another of yours. Thanks for the support.

Hvala van,

TD

Mine has been going strong for years (10's of thousands of welds). Switched to a more flexible car audio power cable which makes it a bit nicer to use.
Using 3S Sinopoly 100Ah LiFePO4 cells, quite degraded from use in a car, but works VERY well.

Attachments

• 2018-03-26_11-39-45_023.jpg
    2018-03-26_11-39-45_023.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 3,308
Anyone weld any Boston Power Swing cells using this welder? If so what settings and material did you use? (.015, .030 nickel, .010, .005 copper)?? I am trying to build 14s5p battery packs for my kids electric scooters. I have 4 cases of these cells and have heard they are very difficult to spot weld. Thanks for your time..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180205-135727.png
    Screenshot_20180205-135727.png
    114 KB · Views: 2,976
Hi

I sent you a PM. I think you should put any additional contact info like whatsapp, wechat, etc., and also explain better how to order and pay. Thanks.

sergiu71 said:
Hi

I sent you a PM. I think you should put any additional contact info like whatsapp, wechat, etc., and also explain better how to order and pay. Thanks.
Send a message and then finish your profile with location. Easy peasy.

Hi
I'm very about my jpspotwelder
I have a question
It's possible to weld fuse wire on 18650 with the spot welder?
It's possible to connect one hand welder pen?
Can you tried?

Thanks

Sylvain

I started using my welder and it seems I’m getting some weak welds... and they get a little stronger if I rotate the copper leads. Is my battery not strong enough? 530ca 425cca reserve capacity 75 (whatever that means) using .15 nickel at 26ms

If I get a stronger battery would it help? Or do I have to clean/sand the tips of the copper. I know I’m doing something wrong somewhere

Thanks for any input!

destro23 said:
I started using my welder and it seems I’m getting some weak welds... and they get a little stronger if I rotate the copper leads. Is my battery not strong enough? 530ca 425cca reserve capacity 75 (whatever that means) using .15 nickel at 26ms

If I get a stronger battery would it help? Or do I have to clean/sand the tips of the copper. I know I’m doing something wrong somewhere

Thanks for any input!

Sounds like the battery is too weak. Is it an old battery?

fechter said:

I bought it certified/used from autozone. It currently reads 12.94 volts and it’s been off the trickle charger for 2 days. I’m gonna try and return it for a bigger one today. This may be the issue.
What size battery are you using?

I also have a optima 1000 ca / 800cca battery in my old GTO is that to strong for this?

Allex said:
Dont use too much pressure on the tips! 750CCA is good enough for 0,2mm

wait what? i kind of press down pretty hard on them this way the nickle strip is touching the cells very solid. is that wrong?

fechter said:
destro23 said:

Thanks for any input!

i just returned it for a 625cca battery... i'll test it out tomorrow.

destro23 said:
Allex said:
Dont use too much pressure on the tips! 750CCA is good enough for 0,2mm

wait what? i kind of press down pretty hard on them this way the nickle strip is touching the cells very solid. is that wrong?

Yes, the key is to press so you get a good contact but you cannot press too hard. If you do, your welds will be weak - you need to have some resistance to make the actual weld, this is from my experience with this thing. BIG contact area =weak welds. This is why you get better welds if you turn the leads - probably because they are sharper there=small contact area. This could of course be compensated with more pulse current from the battery.

Hello riba. Sent a PM. Do you have a link where I can buy a 12V transformer for North America that will work with your welder?

fechter said:
riba2233 said:
1. You can use standard 12V ac/dc adapter with 5.5/2.1 mm barrel connector (most common one), 500 mA is fine, maybe even less, but I haven' tried. It's polarity will be marked, it's standard negative outer, and inner pin is positive. There is a diode on the input so nothing will happen if you accidentally reverse polarity.

Here is the one I got:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-100-240...=item33f6530972:g:zxIAAOSw0VZbtr1k:rk:23:pf:0
US $3.82

Nice find! :thumb:

sevillano1982 said:
hello friend.
Could I replace the battery with a modified microwave transformer?

The welder circuit won't work with AC. If you had a rectifier on the output of the transformer, it could possibly work but the rectifier would need to handle over 1000 amps. I don't think a transformer would be able to supply enough current to make good welds even if you could find a big enough rectifier.

Back