Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

is it difficult to add a time clock built-in to the LCD display? I found this will be a very useful feature that is not yet mentioned.

VasiliSk said:
Casing much bigger than pcb. I will try to make a smaller one, but not sure if i can keep same power for small case

It looks really nice.
IMO, the size is fine. I'd rather have the "full power" than a smaller case.
I guess heat dissipation is the problem with a smaller case ? (hence the reduced power ?)

That makes sens, thanks (I'm not electronics savvy ^^).
one more question, you mention in the 6F descritption:

Voltage range 20-70V / 20-90V

I'm not sure I understand. Can I run a 20S battery ? (so around 84V full charge)

I have got a 12F unit and got it running with success. Setting it up was not hard after reading through the setup guides on wikidot - a few times :D

The unit works great and i am happy. Performance is smooth but still torquey and efficiency seems to be on a high level. Can recommend it!

I started a second thread for owners:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97163

It may be a good idea to also use this thread for any other news like new fw updates, suggestions / wishes or bug reports if there appear some.

Hi Vasili, Will you put me on the list for the 12F, thanks!

VasiliSk said:
devo, added.

Today i made first ride on 24F controller. It's crazy.

500 phase amps? That's impressive!
I'm guessing at 100 volts max?
What was the actual pack voltage? 16S so...66 volts?
When will 24 fet controllers see the light of day? I have use for 2 of them nearly immediately.

Give the guy a chance, Haah! The solder has barely had time to cool on the very first board.

Some lovely torque. How much sag you getting on your pack. Just wondering what it takes to get to 60kph

brumbrum said:
Give the guy a chance, Haah! The solder has barely had time to cool on the very first board.

Ha! TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

OK...no not really...this controller needs some vetting yet. But I am quite interested!!!

My hope is it can do 150 volts. I'm willing to sacrifice some of those crazy 500 phase amps for some higher voltage. My next build will be running 131 volts and I'll need 24 fet controllers that can keep up. The big reason I've made no progress so far is the controllers. There's quite a few options in 100 volts, but virtually nothing in 150 that is worth while without breaking the bank. I have a motor that ought to punch in at the mid 40kw range that is just dying to see life at 150 volts.

Then...the next project will be even bigger. I have a 60-70kw axial flux motor. I figure put it in a motor cycle or even a small car...

ElectricGod said:
brumbrum said:

Ha! TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!!

OK...no not really...this controller needs some vetting yet. But I am quite interested!!!

My hope is it can do 150 volts. I'm willing to sacrifice some of those crazy 500 phase amps for some higher voltage. My next build will be running 131 volts and I'll need 24 fet controllers that can keep up. The big reason I've made no progress so far is the controllers. There's quite a few options in 100 volts, but virtually nothing in 150 that is worth while without breaking the bank. I have a motor that ought to punch in at the mid 40kw range that is just dying to see life at 150 volts.

Then...the next project will be even bigger. I have a 60-70kw axial flux motor. I figure put it in a motor cycle or even a small car...

That's some serious power. You may need Vasiliy to make you a bespoke high voltage version. Its great to see someone stepping up into adaptto's shoes with an all in one solution. I will be looking forward to eventually getting a 24f myself. I'm not on a waiting list. I usually find with these things that money does the talking and not wishful thinkers and queues.

VasiliSk said:
same as 12F - 90V max. 150V not planned
my battery was 60V
24F production will be after NY. Oh, did i say that it is just x1.5 longer than 12F?

Please plan on doing a 150 volt version.

For folks using inrunners or outrunners, compensating for insufficient motor RPM for high speeds is just a gearing change. For folks with large hub motors...well you need voltage to get them going fast. You don't want to use an over sized wheel/tire as that kills the motors efficiency.

Me personally, I have a hubmonster 6 phase hub motor I want to implement. I already know that it can deliver 40kw and at 24S, that comes out to about 80mph. However with that much power and running at 32S, it can do 116mph and at 36S about 135mph. AKA...I REALLY want a set of decent FOC 24 fet controllers that can run at 131 volts.

When I get around to using that Motenergy 60-70kw axial motor, it too will need to be fed 131 volts...at least.

Please, please, please plan for 150 volts! Take pity on us power hogs.

1.5X larger than your 12 fet...geez...that's tiny for a 24 fet! I have several 24 fet controllers and they are huge compared to any 12 fet I have. They are all easily 2.5X larger.

Vasiliy my range increased by 30% when I run the bike without saving energy at all (often WOT during accelerations and long high speed rides).

In 2wd I confirm that it takes around 80amps battery (splitted in two motors, around 30 / 50) to cruise at 90kmh continuously.

Motors max temp 70°, controllers max temp with a 120mm fan over the 2x12f : 45°

Absolutely brilliant, thank you so much !

Back