E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

As soon as I receive battery and get my bike up and running I will post how it's working.. they said two to three weeks lead time and 4 days ground shipping.
I can wait as my bike been out of commission over a year now.

Thanks FL, we can't wait.

Personally I think Stealth's new battery is a great idea, but it's not worth it enough to go to any extra trouble for me. I want more ah, I don't care much about more voltage. 50 mph is already ludicrous speed. I could live with 24ah for the right price, but 30ah would be better.

Haa still going strong 35ah battery 18650 GA cells, cant complain dont need that much really. :D

Attachments

• 673C0DEE-E2C1-4BCE-BD52-BF0D44EE9C7B.jpeg
    673C0DEE-E2C1-4BCE-BD52-BF0D44EE9C7B.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,140
Just got my bike today 😁 build 1165. Unlocked the DC-1 so I thought that's it, but then went to the power restriction screen and asks for the 3 pin unlock code 😯. It's Friday night so can't call up till Monday. Says to check the manual but there is none. Got the charger manual. Suspension manual. So not sure what it's talking about. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi allex
Yes its 21s10p atomic built it, you was away at the time,
battery does sag quite noticeable,Under wot but still works a treat id say sags from charged to 86v to 80v ish @ first then recovers fine

Electronaut.jpg

I'm about ready to upgrade my 5 year old battery. It sags so badly it's boobs are dragging the ground all the time now. I have no complaints though, it's survived 5 hot Texas summers. It has over 10,000 miles on it, and it spent half it's life running close to 100% power.

I really like the idea of a 30ah, but I think this time I'll go with something smaller because I feel like we're getting close to newer technology battery's, and I don't want to get stuck with super expensive old tech battery in a year or two.

What's wrong with this chinese eBay battery made with Panasonic 2900mah NCR 18650PF cells? 72v 24ah
They claim
5C discharge with Panasonic 2900mah NCR 18650PF cells
Rated charging current Amperage of BMS (A): 20
Maximum Instantaneous discharging current Amperage of BMS (A): 200
Maximum continuous discharging current Amperage of BMS(A): 100

$1,430 shipped with 5 amp charger?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/72V24-35AH-Li-on-E-Bike-Battery-Pack-for-Stealth-Bomber-Electric-Bike/252698282687?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=551655324585&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'm not married to it, but I like the price.

The wrongs with it could be that you will be stuck with old tech - PF are old cells and because of this very cheap.
And main thing is you never know how the frock they build it. Never buy a pack unless you know they are good builders!
95 of builders out there dont know how to build correctly this means a potential explosion, fire and/or high voltage sag and uneven load on the cells due to improper building technique <- this also leads to faster degrading of the pack.

These bafoons above claim 24Ah, its a 8p pack so really 23.2Ah and actually 21.6Ah useful energy before BMS cuts off(but we never really talk about this)
Then they claim 5C(24*5=120A) discharge and at 8p maximum they can take is 80A and thats like 12Volt of sag IF they manage to build it right. Also the bike will be slower due to a different chemistry, you really want to go with a 75V pack to maintain the same top speed.

Refer to my thread of China packs:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84412
I can really recommend Paul a forum member in here and is a pro, he knows how to build a packs - https://em3ev.com/
We also have a few more here on the forum who can build proper packs, like Madin88.
We will not see a "new tech" any time soon, so buy something that you can be safe with for 5 years or so.
One thing you dont want to save money on is the battery.
1.jpg

Build a 30Q pack correctly and it will outlive your 5 year old pack you had. Here is mine I built. I was inspired by maddin88 and always build mine like his as far as nickel is concerned. Mine is an overkill 30Q pack at 20s15p but more the merrier and the longer life. I pull currents as high as 200 amps so that’s why I over built. 8 gauge wire and 200 amp connectors!

I think you should too!

Keep those tassels flying in the wind.

Tom

Attachments

• 100822C5-AFF8-4BED-85CA-D286CCB5C46B.jpeg
    100822C5-AFF8-4BED-85CA-D286CCB5C46B.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,776
That looks great Tom. Does all that fit in a Bomber frame? I just don't have that kind of skill. You guys think Chinese battery's are risky, mine would be the bomb lol

I got a reply from china. I ask if they could make the battery the same as my battery's physical dimensions. Their answer was yes, but it wouldn't include the BMS. That's the end of that. :eek:

Theodore Voltaire said:
That looks great Tom. Does all that fit in a Bomber frame? I just don't have that kind of skill. You guys think Chinese battery's are risky, mine would be the bomb lol

I got a reply from china. I ask if they could make the battery the same as my battery's physical dimensions. Their answer was yes, but it wouldn't include the BMS. That's the end of that. :eek:

That must be for a Fighter?

Theodore Voltaire said:
That must be for a Fighter?
I don't think so. I squeezed the maximum you can fit in a Fighter...you cannot fit 2 vertically stacked layers of cells. I had to lay the top cells down horizontal to fit the 2.5Kwh pack I have in my Fighter:

No Battery Murdering System on this though....I hate them.

Cheers

Theodore Voltaire said:

Mine is in a vector frame. What are the physical measurements? I pretty sure you can stuff a 20s10 or 12p in there. Allex would be your best bet getting what you want. I could easily do it but time is always my enemy, always too busy.

Tom

Theodore I'm back in the same boat as you. My battery was sent back. it arrived damaged. I was fully refunded so time to move on. What do you think about Hi-C battery I think they're out of Colorado.

FL bomber said:
Theodore I'm back in the same boat as you. My battery was sent back. it arrived damaged. I was fully refunded so time to move on. What do you think about Hi-C battery I think they're out of Colorado.

Is this the only padding they have? one layer of bubblewrap? Cmon! Is this from china?

Yep delivered just like that .One wrap a bubble wrap. Also a charger in there banging around much too big of a box. At least it wasn't from China so I was able to send it back to them no cost to me. I tried to save money but got bit in the ass. Guess I will have to order one through stealth.

If I were you I would check out what they can do at https://em3ev.com as Allex suggested.

Here is what they say on the website:
EM3ev are both a manufacturer of a range of battery packs and also a supplier for a range of Electric Bike products. EM3ev is based out of Changzhou, China, and is managed and operated by a British owner with an Engineering Background. We do also have local support in the USA, UK, Australia and even Ireland, so we will generally not be asking customers to return parts to China if they have an issue (and on the occasions we do, we would normally cover the shipping costs).

Back