Vector bike and frame owners.

Madin, the frame you bought was 2 generation (in manufacturing) ago. We have changed a lot points in the frame since then. The frame you bought was not the frame we offer now. If you think raptor frame is stronger / stiffer frame - give us the numbers of static force it can handle on saddle and torsion force on head tube. The lyrics kinda , it is better steel and so on is nonsense and doesn't mean anything if frame is weaker in terms of load it can sustain. If you want to make independent test I am ready to send you frame if raptor will offer you frame for test ))
P.s. I think overall metal box design is bad idea from the start, nobody from motorcycle manufacturer doesn't do it, even electric motorcycle.

madin88 said:
AccountMember said:
What a difference in quality anyone on the fence about buying one don't be, I have used Qulbix too but the cost and the need for a proper derailleur was not popular
What did you mean with "proper derailleur"?
You can use a single speed freewheel and single speed chain tensioner so there is no need for a derailleur.

I have built ebikes with both frames. IMO the overall build quality of Qulbix frames is much better and i think it is a stupid idea to put the Q140 to the side and using a Vector instead :eek:

Qulbix is using high strength steel with >1000N/mm² while Vector frames are built with S235 or S350.
It you compare it with a Q140 the latter has more space for battery, less weight and better geometry (at least i did like the geometry of the Qulbix more). Also the welds were much nicer done and alignment of all parts was perfect (which was not so the case on my Vector frames).

I mean that without a "proper derailleur" ie one that has a clutch mechanism.. the chain just slaps about I tried all the single speed tensioners under the sun on my previous qulbix q140 builds and customers said clearly they don't want the tensioner I just want a chain so thats what I mean by not popular. Shimano alfine was the best of the bad bunch but it still had problems with lateral alignment as it was not adjustable only with some washers and very limited amount

I am not so sure about less weight I will have to measure but with the big battery and hub motor I think the difference is not worth noting I have built 13 bikes now 3 were qulbix frames 6 EEB and now 4 Vector

Lets not ignore the fact the qulbix is near triple the price its a significant amount and I'm sure vector could use them metal grades if asking the same price but I and many others I guess are glad they do not

You think its a stupid idea to put the qulbix aside yet I think its a stupid idea to waste money building it up when I had to sell my last one at 1000gbp discount compared to my asking price for ones built on vector frames add in the extra cost of the Qulbix and you can see its a big loss to take and very stupid idea to repeat

If anyone is using the DNM USD-8A reverse Forks, has anyone experienced a slight rocking motion within the lowers & stanchions.
During riding on any surface that is rough, I'm getting a knocking noise coming from the front.
My first thought was the headset is loose or the fork and head tube aren't installed completely correct.
Just to be sure took it to LBS and had them recheck the headset, that was fine, but they did feel the movement between the lowers & stanchions. They believe with the weight of this bike and only 1 brake setup up front, it would be better to go with forks that are right-side up instead a inverted fork; because it would have the arch as part of the fork and would re-leave some of the stress.
Anyone else thoughts?
Tnx

Maybe you should consider the DVO Emerald fork? The DVO Emerald is an up side down/inverted fork with extra stiffness. The carbon fiber part "between the legs"/fork guard is super rigid and very stiff and works well to avoid flexing. The Emerald is well, a master piece. Using materials like aluminum, carbon fiber and magnesium. Super light, super stiff and agile and ready.

zST0JOK.jpg

55J3acJ.jpg

[youtube]tnddjIBeBVY[/youtube]

Hi everyone,
Anyone knows what is the maximum number of 18650 fit inside this frame? A local builder told me he can fit 300 cells max, which is really weird considering the huge space inside, I thought about 400 cells at least....

Do you mean vector typhoon frame ?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68385&start=575

0_a28cd_437303f3_orig.jpg

Hertzelz said:
Hi everyone,
Anyone knows what is the maximum number of 18650 fit inside this frame? A local builder told me he can fit 300 cells max, which is really weird considering the huge space inside, I thought about 400 cells at least....

we use 300 cells in our standart battery 3.2kwh

with ABS side cover we can fit 350, in holders!

pucksterpete said:
If anyone is using the DNM USD-8A reverse Forks, has anyone experienced a slight rocking motion within the lowers & stanchions.
During riding on any surface that is rough, I'm getting a knocking noise coming from the front.

Yeah I have a knocking noise too. I think its on the rebound over rough stuff. I haven't twisted any dials or set it up in any way

Artur said:
Hertzelz said:
Hi everyone,

300 cells is horrible for such big frame.
If only it were 3cm wider I could put 600 cells easy, such a bad planning of that frame.
And I know the ABS sidecovers add a few CMs, theyre just ugly as hell.

Why would you wanna carry around 600 cells in the frame? That makes no sense. If you really need that kind of range in your daily riding maybe e-bike is not for you and you should consider an electric motorcycle?

Most likely you don't need close to 600 cells, I think you are suffering from range anxiety. Commonly seen in people that have never owned an electric car. They claim Tesla has not got enough range for their needs, and when you start asking them about their needs it turns out they have never driven 500 km or more non-stop before. Most likely never will never drive so many hours non-stop, and for their daily driving they will need to charge once a week or once every two weeks and they can do it stress free overnight in their own garage. Asking them about the past years miles driven each year show that most likely they are like the rest of us. Don't even drive 12 000 miles a year.

Oh wait.But then there was that cross country/cross continent trip they've been planning for years. And surely they need a lot of range for such a long journey. Digging deeper actually reveals taking such a trip would not be to drive to furthest in the shortest amount of time, but to see and experience various scenery, different people and cultures, and surely it would be a holiday so no 8-10 hours "work days" - work as in driving. Because of course they will need to make frequent stops to eat, experience sites and landmarks, check in fairly early to get a good nights sleep and get their moneys worth while paying for the room. And when you then tell em about the tesla super chargers scattered all over they shake their heads in awe and wonder why they have not jumped the bandwagon sooner. If you ask yourself those question, how often do you really need a 600 cell pack in an electric bike? What is the average length of your rides today? The rides you do make, not the ones in your dreams.

By all means you could easily modify the frame to accept 600 cells, but why would you? Lugging around all that extra weight all the time? Not to mention sinking all the money in one battery? Tbh I rather have 2 x 300 cells that I could swap then 1 fat 600 cells battery.

macribs said:
Why would you wanna carry around 600 cells in the frame? That makes no sense. If you really need that kind of range in your daily riding maybe e-bike is not for you and you should consider an electric motorcycle?

Most likely you don't need close to 600 cells, I think you are suffering from range anxiety. Commonly seen in people that have never owned an electric car. They claim Tesla has not got enough range for their needs, and when you start asking them about their needs it turns out they have never driven 500 km or more non-stop before. Most likely never will never do it and for their daily driving they will need to charge once a week or once every two weeks. But then there was that cross country/cross continent trip they've been planning for years. And surely they need a lot of range for such a long journey. Digging deeper actually taking such a trip would not be to drive to furthest in the shortest amount of time, but to see and experience various scenery, different people and cultures, and surely it would be a holiday so no 8-10 hours work days - work as in driving. Because of course they will need to make frequent stops to eat, experience sites and landmarks, check in fairly early to get a good nights sleep and get their moneys worth. And when you then tell em about the tesla super chargers they shake their heads in awe and wonder why they have not jumped the bandwagon sooner.

By all means you could easily modify the frame to accept 600 cells, but why would you? Lugging around all that extra weight all the time? Not to mention sinking all the money in one battery? Tbh I rather have 2 x 300 cells that I could swap then 1 fat 600 cells battery.

I dont want a 600 cell battery, I'm going to build a 380 cell, its just stupid to think that extra 3cm width would have solved all of the problems - I guess I shouldve gone with QULBIX Q140 (14cm width), they got the width calculated, 11cm width its just in the middle.

And if you don't swap side overs or modify slightly you will only get 300 cells. Where do you frequently ride that will be impossible to do with a 300 cell battery that you would make for sure with 380 cells? Don't get hang up on a specific number or think you need a different frame or spend hours upon hours drawing and modifying to make 380 cells fit the frame. Just put in 300 cells and be gentle with the throttle on those days when you know you are riding for a very long time.

macribs said:
And if you don't swap side overs or modify slightly you will only get 300 cells. Where do you frequently ride that will be impossible to do with a 300 cell battery that you would make for sure with 380 cells? Don't get hang up on a specific number or think you need a different frame or spend hours upon hours drawing and modifying to make 380 cells fit the frame. Just put in 300 cells and be gentle with the throttle on those days when you know you are riding for a very long time.

I dont get why you justify the senseless width of the frame?

Im not talking about range.
Im talking about current.
Im planning to run 2wd ASI BAC4000 rear +ASI BAC800 front, so I need alot of current.
Even if I use 20A cells like the 25R or even VTC6, in 77v configuration im on the edge in terms of power, that ASI can pull 300A easily.
21s18p = 360A cont (in a romantic, perfect world, obviously the cells wont love the constant pull of 20A).

Well it is up to you what you do, most likely you will find that your continuous draw is less then you think. As weight shifts while on the the throttle your front tire will get less traction so you will need to modulate or even lay off the throttle. I am not too familiar with those controllers so I might be wrong here.

If you know you will have big amp draw putting cells to the limits you could always go for lipo batteries and avoid voltage drop and amp limits. Or possible you could use the Sanyo 20700 A or B cells if you don't fancy lipos?

macribs said:
Well it is up to you what you do, most likely you will find that your continuous draw is less then you think. As weight shifts while on the the throttle your front tire will get less traction so you will need to modulate or even lay off the throttle. I am not too familiar with those controllers so I might be wrong here.

If you know you will have big amp draw putting cells to the limits you could always go for lipo batteries and avoid voltage drop and amp limits. Or possible you could use the Sanyo 20700 A or B cells if you don't fancy lipos?

lipos are too much headache for me.
I want to build and forget about the bike except tire-brake pads maintenance, lipos have much less cycles and require balancing once in a while, also careful temp monitoring so it wont become a mini nuclear explosive.

I hope im wrong and ill manage to get 380 cells insude, maybe if i'll build the cells 'standing up' and not lying on their side ill have more room.

devo1223 said:
pucksterpete said:

Yeah I have a knocking noise too. I think its on the rebound over rough stuff. I haven't twisted any dials or set it up in any way

I went ahead a put the $$ down to purchase a new forkhttps://www.probikeshop.com/en/fr/m...-axle-52-mm-offset-mat-black-2019/154021.html
This will solve the problem

Hertzelz said:
Artur said:
Hertzelz said:
Hi everyone,

If only it were 3cm wider I could put 600 cells easy, such a bad planning of that frame.

Didnt you see pic above?
20s31p 620pcs

Allex said:
Hertzelz said:
Artur said:
Hertzelz said:
Hi everyone,

Didnt you see pic above?
20s31p 620pcs

Its 620pcs side by side, with extended side covers.

Hi Artur,
So, I just got finished installing new forks and some other parts and was going put on the new side covers you sent.
They were still wrapped in cellophane from shipping as I still wanted them protected before I put them on while working on the rest of the bike.
Well, after unwrapping the red pair, I noticed all kinds of scratches on both side covers. See photos attached
Its like this for both the RED & BLUE pairs of side covers.
The BLACK pair doesn't even look painted with the JET Black paint for a gloss finished.
So, I am not a happy!
It seems that after the paint job on both the red & blue pairs the cellophane wrap caused the scratching, maybe the paint wasn't cure enough before putting on the cellophane wrap.
How can we fix this situation?

Artur said:
I see, send email, we will find agreement for sure :) black is not pained, yes, it's material color. All other colours we need to paint this is why they cost more.

E-mail sent
In my email when I ordered the 3 side covers I specifically asked for one of the side covers to be painted Jet Black RAL 9005.
I wanted the Jet Black side cover to be just like the Ruby Red & Traffic Blue side covers, a gloss finished.
I see that in the invoice that I was only charged the 65$, just for the cover no paint, but not what I ordered.

macribs said:
Pete, I am sure that it will buff right out.
not going to happen

Back