LMX 64 : Freeride Ebike with dual drive and torque sensor

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
BCTECH said:
how does the e-bike brake (regen brake) work when both side have freewheel? while the motor stops, you can still pedal to move the bike right?

this lmx model does not have regen braking, just motor cutoff at brake lever, optional ..
the motor side freewheel allows the bike to be pedaled without motor power or cogging..

thanks!

what is the benefit using ebike brake vs normal brake in this case?

BCTECH said:
efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
BCTECH said:
how does the e-bike brake (regen brake) work when both side have freewheel? while the motor stops, you can still pedal to move the bike right?

this lmx model does not have regen braking, just motor cutoff at brake lever, optional ..
the motor side freewheel allows the bike to be pedaled without motor power or cogging..

thanks!

what is the benefit using ebike brake vs normal brake in this case?

brake lever motor cut off is often disabled for aggressive riding, wheelies, burnouts, etc.. being able to use the brakes and motor power independent instead of dependent..

A bit hard to see the rear disk brake ? Any close up pics ?

It is the same system we have been using on the lmx81. However on the two pics above it is not the latest version of the sproket carrier. The newer version has the screws on the outside to ease sproket change.

Due to changes in components specs (lighter tubeless ready wheelset and 2.6" ECER75 offroad tires) we will have to increase the list price to 5999€
Weight is down to 27.5kg complete, tubeless.

Frame kit prices

For the frame kit with :
Controller
display
torque sensor
wiring
back wheel with HALO VORTEX tubeless ready rim and Shimano style freewheel body
motor side transmission
headset

The preorder price is 2400€ EX VAT.

It does not include :
Battery
Front and rear suspension
tires
brakes
handlebars and stem
pedals
seatpost
bike side transmission

Price incl 14S5P 35E battery and wired is 3300€ EX VAT

bzhwindtalker said:
Due to changes in components specs (lighter tubeless ready wheelset and 2.6" ECER75 offroad tires) we will have to increase the list price to 5999€
Weight is down to 27.5kg complete, tubeless.

The 1.5 kilo weight savings all in the wheels? Nice. Less rotational mass. How much weight savings by going tubeless? And how much of that is the tire choice?

I've been waiting for this frame kit, sooo tempting. Does it come with Vasilis's nucular controller and display? Does it have a bms? What torque sensor are you using?

macribs said:
The 1.5 kilo weight savings all in the wheels? Nice. Less rotational mass. How much weight savings by going tubeless? And how much of that is the tire choice?

Actually saved 1.1kg per wheel with new rims, around 350gr saved in tubes and 250-300 gr saved by going with enduro/gravity folding tires instead of rigid gravity tires.

Antenor said:
What battery type will fit?

It fits hailong type battery, and reention DP-6.
Not sure about the big haillon, but this one fits 78 cells in 13S6P

The frame kit includes the Nucular controller and display, sempu 3th gen torque sensor with crank arms, no BMS is provided unless you take the battery with the kit.

Best regards,

Hey Adam just noticed that the red chain tensioner in the photo above looks a bit tight/aggressive, do you think that may contribute to any noise.

Also how does this bike handle on the tracks in a mountain bike park, is it ok with jumps, drop offs and all the ruts and tree roots ? Or is it more suited to free ride ?

The bike is very well suited to jumps and is very playful par to modern 160-180mm enduro MTB.

Here is a video we shot riding the LMX 81.
Check the gap at 0.52, landing in the roots.

[youtube]6VuNY9PIo_c[/youtube]

The 64 does the same, only much better stability due to shorter rear end/longer front triangle, lower bottom bracket height, slacker headtube angle and steeper seat tube angle, more linear/progressive suspension with lower leverage ratio, lowered center of mass.

VERY interested in the frame kit!!!

Selling my Stealth Alpha and might also sell my Fighter if I can get this.

I like long range...something the stock version of this bike is lacking. I would solve this by either trying to make the big haillon case fit or having 2 (maybe 3) of the standard size packs so I can swap them out as I go.

How easy is it to swap out the battery packs? Could you post a picture or video of the mounting system for the battery?

Also, when does the cheaper price for preorder price of kits end?

Cheers

We added the first version of the stickers kits on the test bikes :

IMG_20181112_091355 (2).jpg

The packs are very easy to swap, like any hailong/reention case.
There is a possibility to add a second case below the down tube for more capacity, but you would have to run the two battery in //. No problem with matched single ports BMS.

Preorder will end when the first 20 bikes / kits are sold.

Adam

Latest video with some details of the controller, modes setup and controls.

For the serial model we will add an external mode switch close to the dropper seatpost remote with up/down keys to ease mode switch during the ride. As I said before we are working on reducing noise, with some lower KV motors and bigger front sprokets and other small improvements.

[youtube]QcEjzzIeKbg[/youtube]

Looking good !!!

Put my order in for an LMX Frame kit. :)
Glad I went with the basic option for 2400....after shipping and conversion to AUD it was over 4k :shock:

Should be worth it though....this thing looks like it is years ahead of anything else similar out there.

Gonna be making several batteries, not sure if I will attempt the bigger hailong pack or just 2-3 smaller ones.

I still didn't see any info on the top speed? I guess it depends on the battery voltage....what is the controller/motor recommended max voltage and what is the speed at this voltage with a 26" wheel?

Cheers

Back