searching for legalisation documentation zero s 2014 driveline

hello guys,

for a new project i would like to get het legal information about the Z-force 75-7 electric motor that propels the zero s (2014)
for the legal aspect i am looking for the Electromagnetic interference (EMI), also called radio-frequency interference (RFI) data.

als so for the controller that is included in the drive line the :Sevcon Gen4 Size 6

if any one has some of this information or knows where i can find it PLEASE contact me.

i am going to make a electic buggy with the drive line from the zero and would like to get it road legal!

thank you! :bolt:

The EMI data is only going to valid for the exact same configuration, including all the wiring, batteries, accessories, etc.
The same exact parts and wires laid out differently will have different results.
Unless you are planning to sell these, I don't think EMI testing is required.

EMI is created by a complex relationship between vehicles chassis/frame, the wire routing, and the locations and mounting techniques.

If you change how the wiring is ran and how the parts are mounted in the Zero, you will be greatly changing EMI performance.

Fortunately for you, EMI only gets tested if you're trying to homologate a production vehicle. If you're building a buggy for yourself, nobody will ever be testing it, as just the use of equipment and test chamber and test engineer to measure the EMI of a single vehicle would be cost more than your whole project.

hey guys thanks for the reply's.

sorry i mis read the document i got form the goverment.
i am looking for legalisation documents like a EMC certificate etc. with that i dont have to pay for a EMI test..

greetings louis

As noted above, you won't find one except for the entire vehicle as originally designed and built.

If your'e using parts of one vehicle in another one, or modifying even the wire routing/etc in just one vehicle, none of the RF/EMI tests or documents on either vehicle apply anymore, and the testing would have to be done from scratch to create new results and documents.

If you just want the documents of the original vehicles, you have to get those from the manufacturers of the vehicles, or from whoever did the testing for them, if they are not available from the government branch they were filed with. But they still wont' apply to a new or modified vehicle, and you'll still have to test it yourself or have it tested, if you require documentation for it.

It may well be acceptable to the government body approving one-off, homebuilt vehicles to have simply have the test certificate for the donor vehicle, if the home builder is using the drivetrain more-or-less complete.

Yes, it won't be accurate, but it's at least an assurance that the components being used have all been designed for EMC compatibility.

yes thats correct.
the goverment wont do a emi test if you have the vehicle build with emc parts. that will safe me 1500 euros..

but i will contact sevcon for the document.

You *might* be able to find it in the vehicle handbook for a Zero motorcycle that is sold in an EU country, as EU regulations often require a declaration of conformity to the regulation to be provided with the product. You may also find it called Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) rather than EMI/RFI.

Hopefully either Zero or Sevcon will provide you with the certificate you need to satisfy the authorities :)

Back