la Nina rears her ugly head

Rained steadily, but not a massive downpour, from 11:00 PM or so and continuing this AM in the"OC". Finally! No off-road riding for at least a couple of days (good excuse to let my pinched nerve settle down).

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************************** :D

Light rain since early this morning, now it’s getting windier as the storm front advances.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************************************************************************* :twisted:
Lightning strikes on TV news. I’m staying indoors this evening.

Near certainty of rain tonight during thunderstorms; dunno how much rain though. Haven't seen anything but partial cloud cover all day, and mostly cloudy since a bit after sundown. Might be some storms pretty far northwest of here, horizon-far, but nothing here yet.

Friday and Saturday are almost 50/50 chances on the rain.

While finishing up wiring for LED strips on the trike I added a temporary panel to the rear gate door of the cargo hold / dog carrier to keep most water out if it happens to downpour while I'm on the roads.

file.php

Got about 1.7" here. Thunder, lightning and a power failure to go with it. Those bike batteries and inverter come in handy.
No tornadoes, but even thunder is pretty rare around here.

fechter said:
Got about 1.7" here. Thunder, lightning and a power failure to go with it. Those bike batteries and inverter come in handy.
No tornadoes, but even thunder is pretty rare around here.

How about flooding and hillside damage in norcal?

:mrgreen:
SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.83 2050

Some streets and intersections were flooded on the other side of town, but no report of problems in the Cranston Fire burn area.
Holy Fire in Lake Elsinore a different story, black fire-smelling mud/debris flow. :x
No news of Norcali. :confused:

fechter said:
2old said:
How about flooding and hillside damage in norcal?
Yes, there was some flooding due to excessive runoff up north but it wasn't too bad. For sure the fire is out now.

Thanks and good riddance to the fire, finally.

I'm in Oroville and there are no reports of serious slides yet, however the fire zone is still off limits without good reason. It will be a few more days until the roads are considered safe enough to reopen the area. There is still a lot of debris on and unsafe trees over the roadways. PG&E is still replacing the power lines and poles.

The rain started here shortly after I last posted above, and continued on and off until a while before it got ligth outside. By dawn it was pretty clear outside, and cold (around 40F).

I don't know exactly how much we got but it couldn't've been excessive--there was only a small strip of puddle at the corner of the street, and areas covered by awnings/etc were dry, while areas exposed to sky were pretty wet but not puddled.

There's supposed to be more about the same time next week.

Only Yogi and Kirin stayed inside during the rain; PeanutButter and Jelly both got soaked from playing in it, then tried to come plop down on me on the bed (while I was trying to sleep). :roll:

Wednesday
A chance of rain after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 64.
Wednesday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Thursday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.
Thursday Night
A chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Friday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
:mrgreen:

La Niña Rain Gage
*********************************************************************** :)

SDHET HEMET VALLE VISTA 0.34 2050
My old Orange County cell phones just alerted us of a flash flood warning where we used to live. That gives us a couple hours to get ready for it to happen here. :shock:

Little bit of drizzly rain with some bursts of more last night thru this morning. More expected thru the rest of the day. So far just enought to wet the ground, keep the streets damp, no puddles though (except in a couple spots where it runs off the roof guided into collection areas for trees).

Yogi (and I and my brother) are all achey and not moving well; Kirin is sticking right with me, and the two puppies PB & J are alternately having fun in the mud and coming in to crash for short naps.

sgx.png
Light Green: Flood Advisory
Dark Green: Flash Flood Watch
Red: Flash Flood Warning
Pink: Winter Storm Warning
Blue: Winter Weather Adivsory

La Niña Rain Gage
********************************************************************************** :D

Flash Flood Warning just now came over the Emergency Alert System on live TV lasting until 7pm Pacific Standard Time for San Bernadino, Riverside, and San Diego Counties. Hemet was specifically mentioned in the alert this time. :evil:

https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/sw/h5-loop-ft.html

We've had maybe 15 days of rain here in Utah. This is the driest year i have seen in my 6 years of living here.

They keep diverting water and are basically draining the salt lake right now. Lake effect snow and rain is not happening so much anymore. Summers used to get humid because of the salt lake.. this last summer was consistently dry.

The governor declared a state of emergency and told his constituents to pray for rain, which doesn't sound like a plan to me. Glad i've not planted roots here.. i think in 30 years, Utah is gonna look like Las Vegas..

Back