QS 3000w midmotor

Bartosh said:
Thanks guys. I just thought it might be possible to remove the front pulley to get to the axle. So this way I could just get rid of the pulley and put a standard 420/428 sprocket. If the chain noise became too annoying, I would get back to the original setup. Seems like it's not gonna be possible without modifying the axle.

You can do it like this:
https://imgur.com/a/8X5Fq8R

You will have to buy a second pulley from QS if you want to go back.

eee291

Could you tell me if it’s normal threads or reverse? Clockwise to tighten is normal. I hate tightening (unknowingly) when I should be loosening, makes loosening that much harder. Is that center hole threaded, you show a nut, my pulley is secured with a bolt. Picture is distorted. It’s not really crooked like that.

Thanks

Attachments

• 16CB61AE-7C83-47C9-8DC8-559B9AF37666.jpeg
    16CB61AE-7C83-47C9-8DC8-559B9AF37666.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 3,468
I believe you would call it a right-hand thread. Counterclockwise to open.
Your motor looks a bit different so I don't know how it works for your motor.

what is real QS motor website ? I don't want to make a wrong payment

http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/
http://www.qs-motor.com/
https://www.qsmotor.com/

Thanks

Currently working with QS sales to order just the QS 1000w 90 motor without the swing arm for my Drift Trike project. There is not a lot of information I could find on this motor unlike it's bigger cousins so I thought I'd share the info I received from the manufacturer...

1. The net weight of qs 90 1kW mid drive motor is approx. 5kg.
2. Suggest peak phase amperage could be 80-100a.
3. Max. no-load RPM at 72V with 1:5.3 reduction ration is 677.6RPM.

4. Peak torque without reduction ration is 25.28n.m
5. The recommendation controller for qs 90 1kW mid drive motor is GB7280MF. It doesn't have regenerative braking function.

I have little to no information on the controller (other than guessing by the name it's 72v 80A) but because it doesn't support braking I'm planning to pair it with another controller. Thinking either the VOTOL EM-100 or a Kelly KLS6018S.

Does anyone have one of these? What do you drive it with?

Cheers!

Hello guys, I have this exact motor with the Votol 150 controller and I’m trying to get the right settings.
It’s build in a little car with weight of 280kg without 2 passengers so max weight is 430kg including passengers and battery.
I’m going for a max speed of 47km/h.
Long range is important.
Acceleration speed is not important, similar to a 50cc 4 stroke standard scooter is good.
Battery is 72v 100ah, capable of 410A output.
Currently my range is 80km, during 150 minutes, had not hills in test. This seems low to me and could be improved, what do you think?

I’ve got access to the controller and have been fiddling around with the settings. Some I understand but not all, below pics of the settings.
Phase current on settings page 1 is on 5000 (what does this number mean?
On page 2, all three speed % is set on 67% ) gave me top speed of 47km). Why are there 2 columns?
I have no idea what flux weakening does.

6060f838b80aaf158177d2e0db7c3d97.jpg

abfa6bcbc2863d038d93e77ba1cd6530.jpg

03d9f99ecbecb7ff8b0379e4fc546526.jpg

I’m hoping for some help and advice, many thanks in advance!

You're mostly offtopic in this thread, you should ask here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=95969

I'll answer you there if you post the same question. There's a link to the manual in the Votol controller thread

ASI is so freakin' expensive, yeah they sure look nice but I am not sure what the programming level needs to be of the user.
RS-232 would be a moon landing for me.

larsb said:
You should've invested in the ASI controller :D

(And learned and told us how to program it for the QS motor :D :D )

We did a power test today with this 3000W mid-drive QS and the standard Votol controller.
For those curious, set a:
Bushbar max 120A
Phase current at 9960
Voltage 72
Speed percentages all at 100%
All parts standard
12 inch wheel

We got max of 81km/h
And 8,6kw

larsb said:
QS are not wanting to do a custom axle following my request.

The axle for the QS 2kw and 3kw mid drive motor is the same according to carrie at QS.

It's a tapered shaft from approximately dia 16mm to dia 24mm in 20mm with a metric woodruff key (5x6.5x16).

I can't seem to find sprockets for this. Anyone know a source and if it's a standard interface?

Darwing mid drive motor 120 2000W.pdf
image.png
image.png

I think i've found something really good. There is company here in UK , they make custom pulleys .. Hope this helps ..!
https://www.beltingonline.com/can-t-find-your-pulley-as-a-standard-7551

I've had contact with beltingonline for a custom pulley.

It's probably better from here, they were quicker to respond and cheaper:
www.zahnriemen24.de

I bought a pulley with custom bore from them some time ago.

I guess if you're based in the UK then shipping might be a little more expensive for this option.

Thread has gone quiet.
About to order the 3000w.
Those that are pulling big power thru these, any update on longevity and heat issues?
Anyone else using?
Thanks

I have not so much to say other that i'm thinking of buying the smaller 1000w or 2000w also!

It's not had any issues yet even though i ride at 300A, but i run on road. If you buy one then ask them to install a temp sensor in the motor. I think this is worth it since the temperature is impossible to guess or evaluate without it (I have not even gotten my motor more than hand warm on the outside but there should be heating in the winding).

I have to correct myself, I run 600A phase, 200A battery@72V. I don't sustain it for long, only for drag races and such, it doesn't take that kind of energy to go full speed.

-->i can not vouch for the long term capability of the motor, i mean 3000w is obviously a ridiculously low rating by QS and i have yet to make the motor warm on the outside. I wish my dyno was built already, then i'd know better :D

What is the belt profile for the pulley that comes on this motor? Is it something common like 8mm Gates GT? They are offering it with a splined output shaft for motorcycle sprockets as well? Does anyone happen to know if these are common spline sizes that would be interchangable with common dirt bike sprockets like honda/yamaha etc?

I'm seriously considering this motor for a Honda CR125 MX bike conversion. They are cheap enough to possibly run 2 of them if the power isn't enough. I'm reluctant to get into the world of ME or zero motors with sin/cos encoders and sevcon programming. The fact that these are the simple hall sensor tech I'm used to dealing with and can be driven with cheap giant ebike controllers if need be is a big plus for me.

It's a common 8m profile belt. It says gt3 on the drawing for the 2000w motor (has the same interface) but i can see on the rear pulley that it's not. I use a HTD type belt.

If you want a custom sprocket then you could just bolt it to the original one without issues, QS has 11-15t 428 sprockets to match the motor.

Cheers

Got this QS 3000W mid drive running on the bench, sounds great and very torquey response.

[youtube]4qfz9BbUs_0[/youtube]

[youtube]2_1KiV0e9sU[/youtube]

8.61kg

Back