Adding pictures?

Test DSC00754.JPG again. 6.41MB
Error
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 512 KiB.

Mark5,
Reply to your email. As a test, why don't you actually attach the DSC00754.JPG image I emailed to you.

If you can attach and I can't? Possible reasons are that we are using different machines. I am using home built Windows 7 computer. Mozilla Firefox. When I click on Help / About Mozilla Firefox. See Firefox Quantum 64.0 (64-bit) Firefox is up to date. So guess that I am using the latest version?

Here it is, marty:
(DSC00754.JPG deleted after test so as to not waste space)

Browser shouldn't matter but mine is the same as yours--64-bit Firefox Quantum 64.0--but running on a 10-year old outdated, slow laptop.

marty said:
Works for you but not for me? No idea why?

ERROR
The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 512 KiB.
I think it might be because I'm a moderator. Looks like the filesize limit doesn't apply to admins & moderators posting. Anyway, that's what's in the code for posting (phpbb 3.2.4: phpBB3/phpbb/attachment/upload.php line 140: "// Admins and mods are allowed to exceed the allowed filesize"...).

Can you try posting another image larger than 512 KiB, around 1 MB, to see if you get the same error msg? And, if that fails, try disabling Javascript in your browser, then try it one more time. Because that thing that does the upload for you, that you have to click on the "!" to see the error msg, is also supposed to have a filesize limit. It's documented to be off by default but I'd like to know where that 512 KiB is coming from.

Using Picozu, I finally managed to upload a picture!
Now the search starts for a software that can "bulk resize" images, a feature I have been wanting for so long.

Thank you all for your help!

Attachments

• 2018-12-10 07.24.04.jpg.jpg
    2018-12-10 07.24.04.jpg.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 40,149
EddySPalm said:
Now the search starts for a software that can "bulk resize" images, a feature I have been wanting for so long.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36611&p=531048&hilit=resize#p531048

amberwolf said:
Mostly I use AT32Resizer (free)
http://www.at32.com/doc/resizer.htm
http://www.mnetz.fsnet.co.uk/at32/resizer.exe
for batch resizing of JPG files,

This is how I figured out to post a pic in the for sale section:

1. Made a CL ad with picture in it from my iphone.

2. Saved the picture from the CL ad to my iphone.

3. Uploaded that picture to my for sale ad here on ES.

Somehow for whatever reason, it worked in my head and actually worked here. No need for programs or downloading or any of the hyped up stuff. Anyone can do this.

Until that site, like Photobucket, trashes the ability to display externally. Or just plain goes down. Or isn't accessible from some part of the world due to server blocks. Or...etc.

If you attach the images directly to the post, then anyone that can see the post can see the images, because they ahve the same source. If they can't see them then, there is something problematic on their actual computer or device preventing it.

Hello moderator, I am new to this forum. I want to add pic to my posting. Let me try it.

No pic is shown
ATTACH]

kamus said:
Hello moderator, I am new to this forum. I want to add pic to my posting. Let me try it.

No pic is shown

Start by making sure all your pictures are under 512K so they will post.

Is it just me, or is adding attachments broken at the moment?

Regardless of image type or size or dimensions, I get this error (when clicking on the yellow warning triangle in the Status column on an attempted attachment upload):

"Error

Could not upload attachment to ./files/13812_3d6b8ecc117cdad361f3974c2157be87."

(where the number in the above is of course different for each one.)

The same occurs whether I create a new post or add to an old one, and regardless of which forum I do it in.

EDIT: Apparently it also occurs with all the other extensions I happened to have at hand, including txt and pdf files.

I have changed a hardcoded limit in phpBB's code to allow for up to 8mb image uploads. That should be big enough to handle anything other than what a $1000+ DSLR spits out by default. And if you have such an expensive camera, you probably know how to resize images.. 8)

Enjoy!

neptronix said:
I have changed a hardcoded limit in phpBB's code to allow for up to 8mb image uploads. That should be big enough to handle anything other than what a $1000+ DSLR spits out by default. And if you have such an expensive camera, you probably know how to resize images.. 8)

Enjoy!

I tried a 3.7MB picture, still tells me there is a 512kb limit.

You need to resize your image, I use irfanview program and been using it for years now. I usually just reduce the size of the picture to 550 width which automatically sets the other height imension and it always falls within the 512kb size limit.

Image - Resize/Resample - Width

I'm sure theres something out there that just automatically saves the picture to your desination and it automatically sets to size and/or kb limit.

B1078 said:
I tried a 3.7MB picture, still tells me there is a 512kb limit.

(1,857,063 bytes)
error.JPG

Back