24kW stand-up scooter with air suspension

Thanks for the diagram!
Aha I didn't know that this LED PSU works with 80V DC.
As I can see if you want you can do this with only one relay. You just give 80V DC to the power supply and the pump works.
Of course you need two relays in case you want to use the same PSU for your LED light also.

Why Do you have to connect the -80V with the relay? Doesn't it work with just 5V DC from the controller?

Can you set at the controller temp ON & OFF for the pump? This is great!!

icherouveim said:
Aha I didn't know that this LED PSU works with 80V DC.
I had my doubts, too. But it really works, I checked =)
icherouveim said:
As I can see if you want you can do this with only one relay. You just give 80V DC to the power supply and the pump works.
I don't need the pump to always turn on with the power supply. I have many other 12v consumers.
icherouveim said:
Why Do you have to connect the -80V with the relay? Doesn't it work with just 5V DC from the controller?
The relay operates from 5V. 80v contact closure to turn on the power supply.
icherouveim said:
Can you set at the controller temp ON & OFF for the pump?
Yep:) This works automatically. I just choose the range to turn on.

alex_2d In the last video max batt - 55A (4160 watts) said:
:bolt: Happy new year! :bolt: Is this still the max performance, im still deciding on motor size .
So im wondering how much power is really usable under hard acceleration on a stand-up scooter.
So what do you think how much more can you handle comfortably , ie on a ebike we have the added advantage of a seat.
To help with this Im going to add a kicked up rear section to my deck at a 45 deg.

Emoto said:
Happy new year!
Thank, u 2 =)

For such a motor, with oil, the power of 2200w is really the maximum(imho). it can withstand a peak load of 7-9 kW, but no longer than a couple of minutes.

I have a very long scooter:) The distance between the axes of the wheels 1140mm!
Superbly controlled at settings of 70A battery\150A phase, acceleration 0-50kmh in 4.5 seconds. Just have to hold on to the handlebars :-D
I want to try setting 120A battery\200A phase. Want to try to accelerate to 60kmh in 4 seconds. As it happens, I will share my impressions and it will be clear whether it is necessary to kicked up rear section to deck =)

I've already ordered the batteries and they'll be here in three weeks. Li-ion 22s1p 40AH discharge current 4C\10C. This will help get the most out of the nucular controller!

alex_2d said:
Emoto said:
Happy new year!
Thank, u 2 =)

I want to try setting 120A battery\200A phase. Want to try to accelerate to 60kmh in 4 seconds. As it happens, I will share my impressions and it will be clear whether it is necessary to kicked up rear section to deck =)
That 0-50 is already good for that 60mm motor.
But That type of acceleration sounds very good :) and sometimes safer in traffic . look forward to your testing.
Those cells are huge/40ah and a great video , do you have a link for the supplier, Thanks .

EDIT Utube batt link https://small-china.ru/nmc/

If ypu manage your 10kw burst power it should see you win the traffic light dash easily,
My scooter was 4.4kw and toped out at 48mph that felt fun to ride and kept up with traffic no issues I'm sure this will be a monster with all that power.

Ooookey =)

Taking advantage of the fact that the scooter is disassembled, I decided to carry out a full service of the cooling system. Found two places where there was a leak. After repair, the system remains sealed, at a pressure of 100psi.
Improved the pump, replacing most of the parts. Productivity increased by about 70% and is 1.2 liters per minute.
1.jpgView attachment 2
Here is the pump installed on the scooter.
View attachment 1
And this is the entire cooling system, lacking only the motor.
4.jpg

WOW, just.... WOW!
This thread is absolutely mesmerizing. I have no words to say else than BRAVO !
Please continue to post as many pictures as possible and updates of your project!

What milling machine do you use? Are you doing all the aluminum milling yourself? Some parts seems very complex with a lot of tool changes and 2 side operations, for some of them I wonder if you didn't even had to use 6 axis... That requires some serious skills!

Dui said:
Thanks, it's nice of you to tell me that :)

Dui said:
Please continue to post as many pictures as possible and updates of your project!
To my regret, this is a very expensive hobby. Due to the changed circumstances, I do not have the opportunity to continue the project. I hope to return to it soon.
Dui said:
What milling machine do you use?
28_image.JPG
Termit 1325. 3-axis
Dui said:
Are you doing all the aluminum milling yourself? Some parts seems very complex with a lot of tool changes and 2 side operations, for some of them I wonder if you didn't even had to use 6 axis...
In fact, there are no complicated details. Everything is done by milling on the 3-axis.
Yes, lots of tool changes. Sometimes 3-4-5 side operations :)

alex_2d said:
In fact, there are no complicated details. Everything is done by milling on the 3-axis.
Yes, lots of tool changes. Sometimes 3-4-5 side operations :)

Impressive, what you've achieved just with a 3 axis mill is quite remarquable on some parts, especially that little back cover for the screen, which is a slight detail but it seems very hard to do.

Very sorry to hear about your financial problems, but I think you can make a few bucks just by selling the parts of your accelerator handle, it will be easy to find customers wanting your product and it is easy and cheap to ship anywhere in the world. Just a friendly suggestion :)

Hope you can keep up the good work!

Very nice build, love it :wink:
From the picture it seems the chassis is a bit overkill (thickness), would you think it could have been lighter let say using 3/4mm aluminium?

Pyon said:
From the picture it seems the chassis is a bit overkill (thickness)
Maybe in the pictures, the details look too heavy, but their shape and thickness are not accidental. For a month I've been running simulations and selecting the perfect combination of weight\strength for each part. The frame is designed for a load of 1000 kg and has a minimum weight for this.I would be able to reduce the strength in half, throwing off 3-4 kg, but the weight of the scooter >40 kg it does not matter.
1.jpg
View attachment 2

Thanks alex_2d, what make you come with the 1000kg load? Just as a point of comparison it seems the Rover P5 is (i presume) doing okay with what seems to be 3mm aluminium chassis.

Pyon said:
what make you come with the 1000kg load?
I love to jump stairs and drive fast off-road. I do not want to think about the strength of the frame when I need to jump off a meter obstacle :)
Pyon said:
Just as a point of comparison it seems the Rover P5 is (i presume) doing okay with what seems to be 3mm aluminium chassis.
Please excuse me, but this is a very incorrect comparison. Too different characteristics and loads. Completely different designs.

Rover P5 | vostok-1 old bat | vostok-1 new bat
Weight - 40kg | 47 kg | 45kg
Carrying Capacity - 127kg | 500kg | 500kg
Power - 4.4kW | 5.2kW | 10kW
Speed - 56kmh | 65kmh | 78kmh
range - 45km | 90km | 130km

A little bit to revive the topic :)
The batteries are here!
Li-Ion, 22s, 92.4v, 40000MaH, 4C discharge

The assembly was successful. After the test run, I decided to change the name of the topic :)
The language barrier does not allow me to describe the emotions I experienced during the test!
If we turn to the facts, it turned out somehow. With a power of 8 kW, everything works normally. The temperature of the controller did not rise above 22 degrees. The temperature of the engine, with the cooling system running, stabilized at 54 degrees. The dynamics has increased tremendously! I was able to get on the rear wheel, at a speed of 50kmh.
In the near future I will make photos and record some videos so that you can get an idea of what happened :)
In the meantime, if anyone is interested, a photo of the insides:

trazor said:
Where did you source those pouch batteries? I'm looking for a good deal and always end with hobbyking preassembled packs :roll:
Bought in Moscow.
https://small-china.ru/nmc/

very very amazing scooter! :thumb: :thumb:
Makes me wish there was a possibility to build something street legal in germany as well!

Anyway do you have a picture of the fixation of your new batteries?
I was wondering how to connect and "store" those coffeebag cells.

Back