Revolt RV-series motor review and comparisons

ElectricGod said:
Checked a few things.

Phase resistance: 57.6-57.7 mOhms.

Inductance: .2 to .21 uH

I guess you measured 0.2 mH, or 200µH
because 0.2 µH would be more the inductance of a shorting link then from a motor coil :wink:

Have you figured out where the hall sensors must be installed or how the solution of the manufacturer looks like?

I have seen the motor is wound in delta so the sensors need to be placed with a shift of 30° electrically opposed the directionof rotation.
This would mean you cannot place them between the teeth (or at least all of them).

http://www.bavaria-direct.co.za/scheme/common/#
you could take a look at those winding schemes from above link.
yours probably is wound as dLRK or dLRK evolution. it should not be hard to find out, and than you know where the sensors need to be placed
eg. sensor A with a 30° shift beside the start point of phase wire A, sensor B beside phase B and so on...

Pretty good soldering job on those small parts :thumb:

Hi ElectricGod, any progress with the mount base yet? I am considering bying this motor at some point so I am interested how you are going to end up fixing it.

Thank you for the review and the photos :thumb:

What would be nice to have is a brief summary of the performance relevant improvements done on the RV100E in comparison to the PRO version.

Things like:

- phase to phase resistance
- lamination thickness
- kV and number of turns
- no load losses at given RPM
- stator size (i guess they are identical?)

Nothing new.. Why waste your time on this? When you are done the conclusion will be that it was not worth the effort.

Only the 120e motor is somewhat interesting since it should have other laminations than the others. If they have learnt something..but i guess not since they still sell the old crap.

Having already tried two crappy revolt motors and seeing more money thrown their way is painful..

the revolt reviews are in my posts. Well documented, and i think you already wrote earlier that you read some of them.. In the rotor losses thread possibly.

The low copper fill, useless soldering of wires etc has been a general issue for Revolt. It was 22% copper fill in my motor originally..

And if the laminations are low quality like in Revolt case then it's not better with lower pole count.

Etc.

Back