Vector bike and frame owners.

Artur said:
I can accept the black side cover back if you don't like them or color is not right with full refund, same for painted side covers :) my bad I didn't check them when I received them.
I will keep the black none painted side covers
I will send back the Red & blue side covers for a replacement.
I would like:
1 set RAL 3003 Ruby Red ABC Wide Side Covers Gloss Finish
1 set RAL 9005 Jet Black ABC Wide Side Covers Gloss Finish
and the shipping price I will pay of the side covers sent back to you.
Will you accept this?

Artur said:
We dont offer painted side covers ATM. So i wont be able to make you new side covers at least for the next 2 month, or I can compensate 20% of the side covers price if you can accept this.

WOW
Okay, how about this, I keep all 3 pairs of side covers and you refund me the paint on the 2 pairs and anything else for the inconvenience? 42€

as it stands, this is what the bike looks right now
mudguards have to change

I think them black side covers look great. But if it is not the color of your choice have you considered doing a foil wrap? 3m got decent quality wraps and you can get em in almost any colors, or even your own design if you got some cool graphics in mind. There is even a clear protective layer you put on top to make for better longevity.

Thanks, might have to do that,
Here's with the first set of blue side covers, before the attack

Artur said:
Ok. Fair.
You shorted me 2€ bro on the refund....AMAZING

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to ebikes! Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm in search of a little help with my newly purchased Typhoon v2. I'd like to preface this by saying that I am a total novice in the space... So I can't tell whether or not I have a serious problem with the delivery of the bike. It does seem as if many parts of the bike are missing though. :( I've tried to figure out what parts are missing, but since I don't have any experience, I need some help identifying any other missing pieces that didn't make it on to my list below.

The bike just arrived from Vector in 2 boxes last week and box boxes were really beaten up, but intact. It seems that some parts may have fallen out of the box during shipping, but that some might have been forgotten by Vector too? I'm not sure. I did not purchase the battery/bms/charger combo from vector since they can't ship the battery overseas. I'm in San Francisco, CA.

Here is a photogallery of all the parts that I received: https://alecmironov.box.com/s/s0d0d10fmzvjvoqg6zp5r0agwdgoc6xn

Here is a list of the parts that I think I'm missing:
1. New brake rotor for front wheel (damaged during shipping)
2. Complete rear suspension & related parts
3. Crankset (cranks & related parts)
4. Key for key switch
5. Charger plug connector
6. Complete bolt set (all fasteners).
  • These are the only bolts / fasteners I have
  • 1.jpg
7. Standard side covers (vented)
8. Missing cover plate on frame?
  • On close inspection of the bike last night, there also seems to be a missing cover plate on the rear of the frame.
  • 1.jpg

I'm emailing back and forth with Vector now and they are going to send me a shipment of the missing parts. I need to make sure nothing gets missed in their shipment though.

Thank you for any help / support / feedback you can give me!

I don't understand why don't you ask me first:) sure we will send all missing and damaged parts. My idea was that you can start assembly and if you see something missing that you forgot to add in a list of items you need , you can add that. So we can send everything you need in 1 box.
Also I ask to add info that carton boxes were double layer cartons and individual parts where inside additional carton packages, but this doesn't prevent usps to killing it as only they can.. still from what I saw during unpacking video (thank you for that) only cosmetic dent on foil of the frame hard to replace, the bended rotor we will replace you with new! And I will send you flat side covers as bonus for that.
So add my in WhatsApp, start assembly, and I will help you.
Regards, Artur

Plate of the rear of the frame - it is not exist, after we changed frame design only rear shock support mounted there, nothing else, so this is not missing.
Btw, I didn't look at your order, but did you order flat ventilated side covers ? Please let me know, i will also check it in you order. If so I will include it in the box.

Hi Artur!

Detailed responses below. Let me know what your What's App number is so we can get started on assembling what I have. Thanks.

Artur said:
Plate of the rear of the frame - it is not exist, after we changed frame design only rear shock support mounted there, nothing else, so this is not missing.

I see. Ok. I'm missing that rear shock.

Artur said:
Btw, I didn't look at your order, but did you order flat ventilated side covers ? Please let me know, i will also check it in you order. If so I will include it in the box.

Yes, I requested the ventilated side covers and added the ABS side covers to the order (paid extra). Thanks for sending the standard side covers along.

Artur said:
My idea was that you can start assembly and if you see something missing that you forgot to add in a list of items you need , you can add that. So we can send everything you need in 1 box.

Ok. I'm ready to get going on assembly. What is your What's App number?

Artur said:
From what I saw during unpacking video (thank you for that) only cosmetic dent on foil of the frame hard to replace

Yes, I figured this dent in the foil is almost impossible to fix. The dent appears to be cosmetic. Let's focus on getting the rest of the bike finished.

Artur said:
the bended rotor we will replace you with new! And I will send you flat side covers as bonus for that.

Ok

Artur said:
I don't understand why don't you ask me first:) sure we will send all missing and damaged parts. My idea was that you can start assembly and if you see something missing that you forgot to add in a list of items you need , you can add that. So we can send everything you need in 1 box.

Anastasia asked me to send her a list of the missing bolts / fasteners. I don't know which ones are missing. :confused:

Ghost Rider said:
The Vector moto seat is very comfortable, but I wish there was a taller version of it. (relative to the bottom bracket)
Don't want to use longer shock or flipping the mount because I want the slack head angle I have now.

Gonna try to find somthing to make a taller subframe for the seat.

About how tall are you and what is your inseam? I'm interested in the Typhoon, but having trouble getting an idea of the sizing. I have an XL Specialized Pitch, but it's a little big and I think a large would be perfect. It doesn't seem like making a new subframe would be that tough, but how is the seat made? Is it vinyl over foam? I don't like step seats on dirt bikes, so maybe there's an inch or two to be gained by re-foaming/covering it?

Hi

Iam building a Vector typhoon after my middrive gambler... :D
Can you help me to figureout which headset to fit my Rockshox Boxxer RC-16 ?

will this work?
I have seen this link in previos post but I can not figure out how it fits in the fram headtube which is 49mm..
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=27406;page=1;menu=1000,2,112;mid=229

Regards
Christer

byke said:
Ghost Rider said:
The Vector moto seat is very comfortable, but I wish there was a taller version of it. (relative to the bottom bracket)
Don't want to use longer shock or flipping the mount because I want the slack head angle I have now.

Gonna try to find somthing to make a taller subframe for the seat.

About how tall are you and what is your inseam? I'm interested in the Typhoon, but having trouble getting an idea of the sizing. I have an XL Specialized Pitch, but it's a little big and I think a large would be perfect. It doesn't seem like making a new subframe would be that tough, but how is the seat made? Is it vinyl over foam? I don't like step seats on dirt bikes, so maybe there's an inch or two to be gained by re-foaming/covering it?
Hi, I'm about 5 feet 9,11 inches (177 cm), not sure about inseam. This is really only an issue if you want to be able to pedal the bike.

II'm trying to find something like a sturdy metal box thing, preferably triangle shaped and in the right size, that could work as subframe for the seat.

My wheels arrived yesterday :) However, with a spare front hub I couldn’t wait. Had a 26” wheel built. The front 20” rear from an existing bike.

Still a few teething issues, the crankset sprocket 48T was too big, then the crankset sprocket (eventual taken from a 20” folder) with set screw tightened on the axle started hitting the nut that secured the swing arm. Now searching for a solution.

Went for a quick spin on a 52v nominal battery with an infineon controller. The suspension is wonderful.

Attachments

• JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 4,167
  • JPEG image 6.jpeg
    JPEG image 6.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 4,167
  • JPEG image 7.jpeg
    JPEG image 7.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 4,167
Bg-electric-cycle said:
My wheels arrived yesterday :) However, with a spare front hub I couldn’t wait. Had a 26” wheel built. The front 20” rear from an existing bike.

Still a few teething issues, the crankset sprocket 48T was too big, then the crankset sprocket (eventual taken from a 20” folder) with set screw tightened on the axle started hitting the nut that secured the swing arm. Now searching for a solution.

Went for a quick spin on a 52v nominal battery with an infineon controller. The suspension is wonderful.

Whats the brand of your rear mudguard?

It looks like mudhugger https://www.themudhugger.eu/shop

Yeah, Mudhuggers, intend to paint them if a suitable plastic paint be found.

The issue with the bolt on the swing arm was easy enough, just reversed the thing. :) Live and learn.

Anyone fitted 20s 20p within a Vector Typhoon frame. Actual fact fit 424 cells 20s 21p.

Only ask given I’d like some sort of metal containment. Either a complete box or half open one.

The cells in their holders appear a snug fit and unsure if the metal work of a box of does increase the size to a point were the ABC side wings be prevented from installation?

And yes, the blocks will have insulation between them. :D

Attachments

• JPEG image 8.jpeg
    JPEG image 8.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 3,934
Why not just do a traditional wrapped pack or packs in your case? My first pack I made for my Vector framed bike was 24s15p which was three 8s15p packs......my new pack I went with 20s15p which is two 8s15p and one 4s15p. I think you could do four 5s20p which I believe would fit fine?

My new 30Q pack of 45 amps I believe is good for easily over 100 miles at bike speeds and at least 50 riding 50mph (guessing!) which is longer than my but can take. Why are you building such a large pack? Long range commuter? Less cell stress? Super high current draw? Bike seats are tuff after a couple hours......I commonly referred to them as ass hatchets!

Good luck on your build.

Tom

Attachments

• 58369C92-30DA-4325-AAAD-253661F0E938.jpeg
    58369C92-30DA-4325-AAAD-253661F0E938.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 3,893
Back