Reasons why the ebike is a world beater thread.

^^ Hi Malaysia! Life-long sailor here... VERY familiar with the heating and cooling effects of ambient airs flowing past my body. Like, sailing in "spring conditions" with water temps still "chilly" such that flying water spray was freezing to ice on our clothing... :) So point is, given "higher" air temps and "higher" air humidity levels... no chance riding with an assist can produce a "cooler" trip for folks on bikes?

Tks

Riding with e-assist will definitely make riding more comfortable in hot and humid climate. Sailing in this climate is different, as seawater doesn't radiate as much heat as asphalt, and there's no seawater spray to cool you. I think you need at least 1000W of assist to keep up with mopeds and other traffic. Safety is also a major concern. Drivers in these part of the world, some are very inconsiderate and rude. Still, you'll be drenched in sweat at every traffic light and roundabouts. :lol: I cycled to school in my younger days, sweating like a dog every afternoon. The bad thing about high humidity is, your sweat doesn't really evaporate, you'll just produce more and more sweat.

Nowadays, I ride my bicycle to work almost everyday, since my workplace is only about 700 meters from home. :wink: My e-scooter still needs 3-4 months to finish.

^^ 8)

My first 2-wheeler with assist was also a scooter:
photo_zps07a0eba6.jpg

Note the absence of a seat? I found that standing gave me better visibility to be seen and also to see... but also made it easier to kick. Rolling with just 24V - 2 12V 10Ah SLAs in series, it was like a game in making the batteries last longer before eventual recycling and replacement. ... and I was constantly replacing those batts. :D So where the ability to kick came in was especially at starts and up hills (against gravity)... and there was always faux pedaling... :lol: Locally, Canada hadn't yet EVen legalized our "power-assisted bicycle" yet, and my scoot still wouldn't be legal (no pedals)...

So my two cents? (In Canada, now up to two nickels...) Built the platform/deck as low to the ground as possible to facilitate kicking ... and lose the seat - less weight = better ranges per charge. :wink:

I actually did try and assemble my thoughts about scoots eg where to put the groceries? ... and this is watt I came up with after many thousands of miles of urban travels:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19001

:) Hope you find... amusing. :mrgreen:

Awesome.. do you still keep the scooter? How fast you were going? Incidentally, I'm also using 24V DC brush motor at the moment. :D

Yeah, I'm also considering of getting rid of the seat post, it looks better that way I think. I plan to mount the circuit breaker and cut-off switch there, so I have to relocate those. Lowering the deck is nearly impossible because:
1. I have to rebuild the front fork and the 'neck' of the scooter.
2. Reducing ground clearance will cause problem riding over monster speed bumps we have here.

"monster speed bumps"... Oh Oh... Got pretty good at grabbing the handles and "bunny-hopping" me and the scoot up/over curbs...

"How fast you were going?"... Errrm... Up hills? or down? :lol: Average speeds usually keeping up with pubic transportation (sp?)... with hugely better entertainment values. :mrgreen:

`Fraid I left that scoot... somewhere... My life had been sorta complicated. Moving constantly... basically a professional stranger. But, as somebuddy once said... Variety is the spice of life? Always found that true with the ladies at least. :wink:

But... but, but, but... Watt about cargo?

^^ Hehe... Once loaded two large bags of dog food on the deck, sat on `em to ride back to the house. :mrgreen:

rcc_logo.jpg

(They say:)
road.cc is published by Farrelly Atkinson (F-At) Ltd and is the leading UK cycling website dedicated to helping people enjoy and get the most from road cycling in all its forms. Oh, and have a laugh too…

E-bikers sweat three times less than regular bike riders, finds Shimano study:
https://road.cc/content/news/247777-e-bikers-sweat-three-times-less-regular-bike-riders-finds-shimano-study

Starts:
The findings of this study won't exactly come as a surprise, as the research found e-bike riders sweat less and have a much lower heart rate and core temperature following exercise....

... and a YT vid:
[youtube]qn0PrV-1eFo[/youtube]

YT desc. in part:
A scientific study at a Formula One testing facility commissioned by cycling component manufacturer, Shimano, has revealed just how beneficial e-bikes can be to those looking for a sweat-free cycle commute. The findings revealed: - E-Bike commuters sweat three times less, compared to normal bike riders - With an average heart rate 63 beats lower than a regular bike, e-Bike riders showed the ability to commence work right away

Watt'll they read about that other research... about less poops per mile on ebikes... :lol:

YT uploader "Olga Dvoretskova"... Might be Russian/eastern European... and loses something in translation...

Top Ten Reasons to Own an Electric Bike | Amazing Quality 2018!
[youtube]t3jBpzwMidg[/youtube]

Hehe... Seen on the WWW...:
human powered vehicles will have much higher CO2 and methane emissions than renewably Powered EVs. Particularly if the human is fond of burgers or energy gels, the outputs from those sorts of food production are very high.
So. Less poops per mile, but also less methane production... at source... and perhaps after ... energy conversion and... "waste production". :wink:

[youtube]uMd6hE6Rr6M[/youtube]

Back