Self learning feature on a chinese esc, lower speed

Hepc

1 mW
Hello everyone i recently bought this controller:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/2012504563.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.2012504563&aff_trace_key=265ad17f656d48be8a556044795694f0-1545043811931-09669-AAemEAU&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=5032amp-peYsrfcHqsc1uglOEAnvSg1546828013985

So ihooked it up to my 250w hubmotor with the bike upside down and when i used the throttle
I was surprised on how powerfull it seemed and full throttle made it spin crazy fast... ,i could read 7amps or more on the wattmeter... it was Spinning in the wrong direction thought so i decided to use the self learn wire and now its spinning in the good direction but the motor behaves teally tamed... full speed is much lower and i can only read 2amps on full throttle..., anyone has any idea what happened. ... i would like to revert to the previous settings but i didn't used it actually riding so i dont know if it was really that fast under load..., if anyone has any idea on wjat happened please give me some insights.... thank you very much...

At first it was running incorrectly at high no load current and high speed. If you actually rode it that way it would overheat the motor (and possibly teh controller) and destroy it.

Now it is running correctly at low no-load current and normal speed.

If you want it to run faster, you'd need a higher voltage battery and possibly a higher voltage controller.

Thanks amberwolf i was suspecting something like that was happenning but i had a little bit of hope that i could run it like before because the power was so amazing :), anyways i am running it at 52v, and have 2 250w motors 2 of these cheap 12eur controllers i guess i cant complain.... , i am getting more than 40km/h and decent torque uphill... now i just need to see how much range i can get with 2 10ah batteries.... , i have a motorbike so i am used to motorbikes ovcourse the ebike is not nearly as fast but it doesnt consume gasoline and its healthier to pedal and actually exercise a bit .....

Hepc said:
i had a little bit of hope that i could run it like before because the power was so amazing :),
The *speed* might have been amazing, but the power would not have been. ;)

If you really want to test that out, you can manually swap phases and halls around until you find that same wrong combination (but in a forward direction), and then test ride it. I don't recommend it, but it's possible to do.

anyways i am running it at 52v, and have 2 250w motors 2 of these cheap 12eur controllers i guess i cant complain.... , i am getting more than 40km/h and decent torque uphill... now i just need to see how much range i can get with 2 10ah batteries....
If you were riding entirely on the flats, at that speed constantly, no stops and starts, no wind, my guesstimate is that you'd get 40-50 miles, no pedalling, at a rate of 20-25wh/mile, based on about 1kWh of battery (assuming you can get the full capacity out of them, which is not always the case).

You'll have to test ride to see what hte actual range is.

Or you could measure with a wattmeter what your actual average per-mile consumption is, because it may be much less than that, or it could be more, depending on terrain, traffic, weight, tires, road conditions, weather, etc. THen use that to guesstimate your range.

Back