What would the smallest possible battery to power this?

ebike11

1 MW
ISDTQ6 PRO balancer and charger.
I only want to carry it with me on trips to monitor my cells now and then. I dont wanna go through the hassle of connecting my pack to it. I only need to monitor for a moment or two then put it back in my bag. I wont be using it for charging. So looking to use a small battery with an XT60 connector.
Thanks!

Says it needs minimum 7V, so a 3S 18650 pack of whatever is around should work fine. Even 2S should work, though it might shut off before they're empty.

Wouldn't it be easier to just carry a celllog or something similar instead? Would probably cost about the same as the battery you need.

ebike11 said:
I only want to carry it with me on trips to monitor my cells now and then. I dont wanna go through the hassle of connecting my pack to it. I only need to monitor for a moment or two then put it back in my bag. I wont be using it for charging. So looking to use a small battery with an XT60 connector.
The elegant way to do it would be with a QC3.0 battery pack (you can get them for $30 on Amazon) and program its output to be 7 volts.

dustNbone said:
Says it needs minimum 7V, so a 3S 18650 pack of whatever is around should work fine. Even 2S should work, though it might shut off before they're empty.

Wouldn't it be easier to just carry a celllog or something similar instead? Would probably cost about the same as the battery you need.

Hi
I do have a celllog but it doesnt seem to be accurate

Any recommendations for a good one?

billvon said:
ebike11 said:
The elegant way to do it would be with a QC3.0 battery pack (you can get them for $30 on Amazon) and program its output to be 7 volts.

Would a portable battery bank for smartphones work? I could cut the end of a usb cable and attach an xt60

ebike11 said:
Would a portable battery bank for smartphones work? I could cut the end of a usb cable and attach an xt60
Yes - BUT - to get to output 7 volts it has to be a QC 3.0 supply and you have to spoof it with a little controller. Not the easiest thing to do. But elegant.

billvon said:
ebike11 said:
Yes - BUT - to get to output 7 volts it has to be a QC 3.0 supply and you have to spoof it with a little controller. Not the easiest thing to do. But elegant.

But isnt 7V the minimum input voltage? It ranges from 7 to 32V so shouldnt a normal unmodified battery pack do the trick?

ebike11 said:
But isnt 7V the minimum input voltage? It ranges from 7 to 32V so shouldnt a normal unmodified battery pack do the trick?
A 2S pack would (roughly 6.6 to 8.4 volts.) But cellphone charger packs regulate to 5V (except for QC3.0 packs that is) and usually use a single cell.

I would just go with a cellog style meter and balancer. Simple. Now how to find a good one ? AS I have 5 of Them 3 different styles. All cheap but do work. Not the two hyperions. bad. To easy to break charger on the road.

999zip999 said:
I would just go with a cellog style meter and balancer. Simple. Now how to find a good one ? AS I have 5 of Them 3 different styles. All cheap but do work. Not the two hyperions. bad. To easy to back charger on the road.

I see...in your opinion..which model would be the most accurate?

That what I would like to find out as I 4 different styles not 3. The hobby king and hyperion ones are junk now. I the one in DrAngle thread in the technical dsection. And one work good the other is a little funky.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47924&hilit=Toolbox+bargains#p704497
Hopefully some can name a high quality one that works good.

Back