gas price thread

About $2.25 here in Utah.

Too cheap. Pollution will be in the red levels tomorrow and you still see people idling their SUVs for half an hour in parking lots..

In ten years fuel has flucuated like mad looking at this thread, but it looks like to me it will buck the trend and fall below inflation to keep the electric car at arms length for as long as it can then once it's lost it will become more expensive being driven by industry use only in plastics etc and that looks like it's days are coming to an end with the need to get a cleaner planet that doe's not have micro plastics in most living things including you and I.

edcastrovalley said:
DAND214 said:
The fingers said:
Regular $2.92, Supreme $3.20, Diesel $3.34 per gallon. :?
A .02 increase, we saw 2.13 to 2.29 over night.

Dan
Yep Regular went up 2 cents here too near my house. It was $3.25 for a long time. Now $3.27, not too bad.

OK Lets do the math
$3.25USD = $4.37cdn/gallon
1g = 4.54609
$0.97/liter
I dont drive, but I believe I noticed the Centex was at $1.08 so about the same.

DAND214 said:
We just had another 25 cent rise shortly after getting the same a week ago? From a low of 1.92 to 2.75 today! WTF are they trying to do, put us all in a EV? You on the west coast, are really getting shafted.

Dan

Being put in an EV would be horrible, wouldn't it? :lol:

neptronix said:
DAND214 said:
We just had another 25 cent rise shortly after getting the same a week ago? From a low of 1.92 to 2.75 today! WTF are they trying to do, put us all in a EV? You on the west coast, are really getting shafted.

Dan

That is what I am waiting for. Gotta get all my numbers in order before I can afford one. Luckily our car is good and I have my fleet of E-bikes.

Dan

neptronix said:
DAND214 said:
Or something like it . . .

My second car is a Prius Prime. I get gas about once every six months. At that rate I can afford the $3.60/gallon gas out here no problem.

I hypermile a car with a 1.5 liter engine. When the weather allows, i stick the car in the garage and ride my bike exclusively.

I could handle $20/gal gas. Some people's breaking point is $5.
Energy obesity represents a huge financial vulnerability.

Living close to work...or...getting a job close to home helps two ways. Saves a ton of fuel and water time on the road, and second, it makes the option of an ebike viable.

Back