Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Mad Matt said:
Hi, I am interested in a 6f and display and also a 12f and display. How do I order from you?

See last few lines of first post!
You can ask me in Telegram @vasilisks Nucular electronics chat
Inform me if you need one, there is a big queue, i will note you and contact when ready to ship.
Last edited by VasiliSk on Dec 21 2018 3:52am, edited 26 times in total.
Nucular electronics - complete kit for EV!
Nucular electronics - Telegram chat (support, updates and more)

Yet another noob question : what kind of signal is expected on "BRK" pin to detect any action on brakes ?

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Is 0V interpreted as no brakes and 5V as max brakes ?
I'm trying to figure out what hall sensors would fit.

Oh, nice ! I didn't find any mention of that in the wiki so I was looking for the proper sensor. Thanks !
Is the throttle "sensor direction" also configurable ?

Aeron said:
Oh, nice ! I didn't find any mention of that in the wiki so I was looking for the proper sensor. Thanks !
Is the throttle "sensor direction" also configurable ?

You need something like these if you want to use your brake levers for variable regen.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CA-1-PCS-HWBS-Hidden-Wire-Brake-Sensor-for-E-Bike-Bicycle-Scooter-ebike-parts/142720963821

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mechanical-Brake-Cut-Off-Sensor-Switch-Cable-For-Electric-Mountain-Bike-Ebike-ZH/332662068721?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D5f2a371daad34fc7a65e5766aac369df%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D142720963821%26itm%3D332662068721&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

This is just on/off.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-Mechanical-Brake-Cut-Off-Sensor-Switch-Cable-for-Electric-Bike-Ebike/352540350851?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D22b91c5cdaf04e8c82a33fe300f1bea2%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D332662068721%26itm%3D352540350851&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

A simple thumb throttle would do the trick and you could activate it with your left thumb.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thumb-Lever-Throttle-Controller-Assembly-with-Cable-for-Electric-Bike-Scooter/163424125577?epid=22026931855&hash=item260cd64289:g:V6IAAOSw27lcDiTF:rk:45:pf:0

They have 2 magnets and a 49E hall inside. A south magnet pole pulls the hall down to 0v. Slowly pull the magnet away and voltage rises to about 2.5v. Start bringing a north magnet face towards the hall and voltage raises to 5v. Any hall throttle works the exact same way. Zero throttle is a south magnet pole touching the hall. Pulling the south pole away slightly causes the hall voltage to rise to a maximum of about 2.5v. Then the north magnet pole starts getting closer which causes the hall voltage to rise above 2.5v and a max of 5v.

Desc:
Shows charge, speed, power, currents, cell voltages and etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I understand , you haven't developed a BMS yet but , does this mean(above) the display will actually moniter individual cell voltages? Has leads cable?

I have high hopes for this controller in my next bike. Is anyone riding one?

doug

I think he means that it does not work like those shitty 18fet infineons which overshoots phase amps way over limit on start. :D

redline2097 said:
I think he means that it does not work like those shitty 18fet infineons which overshoots phase amps way over limit on start. :D

Is that actually "shitty"? Stall state is the hardest point to get out of. I'd want to throw everything I can at the motor to get it rotating and then back off after I see a few RPM's.

I'm not familiar with how the Adappto's do it, but it's some kind of soft start it sounds like. Just depends on the person/EV I think. If your EV is uncontrollable at full power when taking off from a stop, you might want soft start for the first few seconds. However, if your EV is not having this issue, then you would NOT want soft start.

I have 3 EV's. 2 don't need soft start. The third is a small stand-up scooter and if I don't use soft start, it just wheelies all the time even at very low throttle.

If these controllers don't have this option, it would be a good one to add.

redline2097 said:

I wouldn't necessairly call it a bad thing. I wish my Sabvoton had more startup power. And yes, the throttle delay on accel/decel is already set as low as possible (-; Anyway I think it is a good question.

Edit: +1 what EG said.

Routybouty said:
Does this controller fix the low end torque delay of the Adapttos of the past?

Urm.. Let's pose a theoretic question: if you ask a seller if their product has a negative feature then what can he answer..?

This is not an adaptto. The question is a bit rude posed in this way.

Merlin said:
what do you mean with low end trq delay?

His question is actually valid. Many controllers dont give you full power unless the motor start spinning at a certain speed. This was one of the negative aspects on newer Adaptto firmwares.

larsb said:
Routybouty said:
Does this controller fix the low end torque delay of the Adapttos of the past?

Urm.. Let's pose a theoretic question: if you ask a seller if their product has a negative feature then what can he answer..?

This is not an adaptto. The question is a bit rude posed in this way.
I think it's already been answered. If it's time dependent and you can set it in the way not to affect the current increase, very well. The problem is some controllers don't give you that much control. Don't want to get into details in this thread, but I bet Sabvoton implemented such the feature several years ago and made it RPM dependent. And that is a shame :/

VasiliSk said:
There is no delays, you can configure current ramp (dA/dt) in controller menu

This ^^^^ is the answer. I saw that in the settings and it did NOT occur to me that's what I was looking at. Of course IF I had actually RTFM, I'd have known that!

http://nucularelectronics.wikidot.com/en:controller-setup

I've got some interesting question in PM
NOW what happens when you fully twist the throttle (WOT) and the motor is somehow locked or the front wheel is put against an obstacle at 0 RPMs? Is the dc/phase current going to peak hard as soon as you twist the throttle? Or it requires to reach a certain RPMs / speed / motor revolutions to reach the max phase/dc current set in the controller?
Controller will apply full amp at start, but if motor doesn't spins for 2sec, absolute maximum phase amps will be limited to 75% of hardware maximum

Something I would like is a limited mode. Something like this: when you turn on the ignition you are in limited mode, You can only use a few 100W, and only go 25km/h (configureable to what you want). Maby only able to use pas, throttle only for push assist up to 3km/h for example.

You should not be able to see max speed, average speed, max power used and things like that. To exit limited mode you have to do a secret button combination, or brake sequence or something like that.( Not a password on the screen)
Something very fast and easy to do, but difficult to figure out. Then you are in unlimited mode until next time you turn off and on the ignition.

Another thing would be control the lights on the bike, if there is on/off of the backlight on the display it would be nice to be able to control the light on the bike at the same time.
But as I understand it seems like the light is always on, but controlled by a light sensor. So then it might not be much benefit to have such a function.

j bjork said:
Something I would like is a limited mode. Something like this: when you turn on the ignition you are in limited mode, You can only use a few 100W, and only go 25km/h (configureable to what you want). Maby only able to use pas, throttle only for push assist up to 3km/h for example.

You should not be able to see max speed, average speed, max power used and things like that. To exit limited mode you have to do a secret button combination, or brake sequence or something like that.( Not a password on the screen)
Something very fast and easy to do, but difficult to figure out. Then you are in unlimited mode until next time you turn off and on the ignition.

Another thing would be control the lights on the bike, if there is on/off of the backlight on the display it would be nice to be able to control the light on the bike at the same time.
But as I understand it seems like the light is always on, but controlled by a light sensor. So then it might not be much benefit to have such a function.

You are talking about the 3 speed switch connection. Implement it however you like.

Nucular%2012%20fet%20controller%2033.jpg

Inside the LCD are several connections for controlling other things. All of those small connectors are also in the back of the LCD.

Nucular%20LCD%204.jpg

izeman said:
No. That's not what he's talking about. He talks about a secret switch to activatw ANY mode that's more powerful than what's legal. So a way to hide some settings or statistical data from spying (police officer's) eyes.

Right...exactly what I said...he wants to set the 3 way speed switch and have it hidden someplace that no one will find, but is easily flipped for Power Mode. That's the 3 speed switch!

On one of my EV's it's like that...an innocuous toggle that is NOT where it is obvious or seen. No one would see this or know what it is except me. Flip it all you want sitting still and there is no evidence it does anything. Just a random toggle. BUT it's the exact thing asked about. Low is pathetic and weak...30% phase current and won;t let you go but 25mph. Medium is stronger, but tops out at 30. High is 60mph and good luck to the cars trying to keep up! Put the switch wherever you want and hide as you see fit.

P1020978.jpg

No. That's not what he's talking about. :)
Believe me. We had a longer personal discussion about it.
IF you have such a switch (which WILL be found at close inspection) and this switch will enable higher power modes then you're busted.
And even if you don't have a switch and the setup menu of your controller is open to access all the time then this a illegal, as you just can program it too higher levels - at least in the EU.

Back