E-Bikekit.com 36v 10ah LiFePo4 Battery

So monday night ( Feb 10 ) i fully charged the pack, let it sit on the desk until Feb 12 when i took the video's above, since i can't dump all that heat into a bicycle rim without melting something, it's been 1 minute 0.5ah at a time, let rim cool, another 0.5ah.. etc...

All the way to this, tonight Feb 15.

The BMS cut out at 9.3ah, using 20 amps all the way, spikes of 30 amps ( Controller will allow up to 80 :twisted: !! but i don't push it that hard :oops: )

Very steady voltage, 10 amps gives you 36v, 15 amps is 35v, 20 amps is 34v .. + - 1v on SOC up to the 9ah mark.

( The 38.4v you see on the meter below is the resting voltage of the empty pack, once the BMS cuts out it stays off until you disconect and reset. )

Attachments

• 20ampcapacity.JPG
    20ampcapacity.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 5,633
What is the cutout voltage of the BMS? The LiFePo4 battery pack I have has no low voltage cut off so I have been "manually" cutting off at around 33 when the capacity seems to be gone anyway. Thanks

Just got back from a 10km ride, roads are fair ( well.. i can see pavement.. so.. well... you know. :| )

I wrapped the pack in a towel before placing it into my backpack, purpose was to keep the heat in ...

Bolted on a Cycle Analyst to my eZee bike, strapped on my Giro helmet, and away i went.

Don't take much to make the legs burn after a winter cooped up in the house.. i walk the dog daily but walking 30 minutes is nothing like pedaling for 20..

No heat, no cutouts, all good !

The andersons at the controller kept comming apart as the zip ties don't hold very well in cold weather, so i ended the trip at 10k .

More on this once the E-BikeKit motor shows up !!! 8)

An update on the EBK battery pack, 8)

On friday ( March 20, 2009 ) after work, i plugged the pack in for a top off charge and then placed it outside to chill out !

(-5) degrees Celsius = 23 degrees Fahrenheit

Brrrrrrrrr.... Yes.. that is indeed snow in my driveway.. this is Moncton NB, still plenty of the nasty white stuff out here !

Attachments

• ebkbattcold.JPG
    ebkbattcold.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 5,114
So, off into the night i went. Thank god it was not windy, cuz it was cold by my usual riding standards..

Zero pedaling, 30psi tires to help increase the contact patch, full throttle for about 4.4ah, around my front street loop, incline that will make the eZee controller take 20 amps for 7 full seconds at a time, level ground at 10 amps, down hill at 5 amps level ground 10 amps.. and back up to the 20amp hill.. over and over and over again.

At the 4.4ah mark i had to come home and warm up, left the bike and battery outside for 10 minutes.. then out for more until the BMS cut out at the 7.494 ah mark !

It cut out going up the 20amp section, voltage from the start to the end ranged from 32 to 35v, nice flat dishcarge , at the 7ah mark it started to go into the 30 then 29v, and then the 1st cutout. I'm sure it would easily be possible to get 8+ah with a bit of throttle control.

I was pushing this pack into a worst case scenario of cold storage, cold usage, NO pedal assist, and harsh throttle use..

CA Meter says :

Attachments

• coldtest.JPG
    coldtest.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,015
That's an excellent review of this pack Ypedal!!!

I am searching for 7 complete ebike kits for my familly and wait for quote. i'll take account of that review of this pack for my choice!

lol.. it's like my familly just waked up and now.. everyone want a kit after they tried mine.. (they still know it's not the same price range.. but they want to experience great torque on offroad and 40km on pavement during summer...

So i guess 48V 10 or 15Ah would be fine...( if n pedal) i asked to the nine continent compagny if they could have these packs...

Doc

E-BikeKit.com said:
Nine Continents does not make or sell the E-BikeKitâ„¢ 36v 10ah LiFePo4 battery pack.
The E-BikeKitâ„¢ LiFePo4 is sold by E-BikeKitâ„¢ and it's dealers only.

Thanks for the clarifications Jason.

Doc

Anyone have thoughts/info on how this pack should deal with a 5A charger vs. the 2A included charger?

Ypedal said:
The cells can take it i'm sure, the BMS would get a tad bit hot trying to ballance at higher rates,

I can use my Thunder Power charger to test this.. will try this tonight if i can find some spare time !! :wink:

Expecting delivery of a surprise today.. more on that later !

A surprize delivery??.. Mmmm interesting!.. keep us informed! :mrgreen:

Doc

Mmmmmmmmmm, surprise. :mrgreen:

Would be way cool to hear your findings re: the BMS's ability to handle 5A charaging/matching.

I assumed the cells would be fine w/ that, that's .5C charging right? Do C rates apply the same for charging cells as for discharging? (not to get too OT)

It was mentioned that a similar looking battery could be found online from other sources, when i asked Jason at E-BikeKit about it he assured me that others were not the same as his and would not be of the same quality..

Ever the skeptic that i am, i wanted proof and would never assume such a thing. :wink:

So here is it folks, proof. :shock:

For initial observations,

No nice foam packing like the EBK pack, but rather some crumpled pellet stuff..

Handle was rather loose, and one of the screws that hold the end caps on was not even fully screwed in !!! :shock: :shock:

Shaking the pack, something was rattling inside the pack... ????

Attachments

• other3.JPG
    other3.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 4,742
Wasted no time, took this sucker apart on the double.... :D

Found the source of the rattle, one of the nuts that holds the handle on the pack came off and was bouncing around in there.. thank god it did not get into any bad spots.... :cry:

Surprise Surprise.. NOT the same cells or BMS !!!!

The BMS is shrink wrapped, typical duct tape methods..

Cells are 26650's...

Back