Wuxing S29X-DX throttle wiring

OzCad

100 µW
Hi phoax. Does anyone have any details on the wiring connections (and internal functional details) for the Wuxing S29X-DX throttle twistgrip?
The wire colors are black, brown, red, yellow, green and white.

Never heard of that one.
I can make some educated guesses though.

Ususally black and red are the hall power supply (5v). One of the other wires will be your hall signal.
If you put a 9v battery or a 5v power supply on the black and red wires (red is positive!), you can measure the other wires with a voltmeter with respect to the battery negative. The hall signal wire will have some voltage, like 1v, that increases when you twist the throttle.

The other wires probably go to LED indicators or a switch. Does it have LEDs?

Hi Fechter. The Wuxing S29X-DX is a motorcycle-style throttle with a half-length rotating barrel section. A half-length rubber grip (fixed to the bar end) completes the hand-grip. Similar to some twist-grip-operated chain gear changers.
It has 3 LEDs, red, amber & green, plus a green push-button. The case has '24V' printed on it.
The green push-button is a make contact switch on the yellow and brown wires, and apparently isolated from the other wires. This just leaves the black, red, green & white wires. Woo-hoo, the fog is thinning.
I was led to believe that the pot was a 'real' pot (rather than a hall-effect device), but ohm-meter tests do not confirm this. I will set up a current-limited power-supply test. I have heard that hall-effect throttles go off to Hall Heaven very easily.

red 5v, black ov, white 1v-4v those three for throttle controler
yellow/brown for auxillary switch
green for leds ( leds voltage specific) though if using say 24v on a 36v battery, can drop voltage to leds down by 12v using 12v zener diode, so can use leds for different voltages.

I disassembled the grip
power +5V goes to red and blue
white and red go to the button
green - hall signal
yellow - to leds pcb (with respect to blue)

What is the purpose of the red button below the LEDs - a circut breaker? when I push it in it pops back out when I start to accelerate (rotate the handle) under load. No problem accelerating with motor wheel off ground. Any troubleshooting advise or wiring diagram would be appreciated.

Back