la Nina rears her ugly head

A little over 4" since yesterday. That's a lot of rain. It was coming down at some pretty high rates for a while and the street looked like a river. I think some of my riding trails are going to be washed out in spots. At one point last night I was looking out the window and saw an impressively large blue flash in the distance as somebody's power just failed. Mine stayed on luckily.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************* :)

Dumping buckets in the Salt Lake Valley all day. Reminds me of the rainiest day i'd ever experienced in Portland, Oregon.

Sunday Night
A slight chance of showers after 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday
A slight chance of showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
:roll:

Went out riding while there was a break in the rain. There must have been some serious wind during the last storm as the trails were covered in leaves and small branches. Any low spots were flooded and there were several places where water was springing out of the ground and running down the trail.

The fat bike works wonders for squishy muddy spots. I found if I keep the speed down to 5-6 mph after crossing a muddy spot, most of the mud falls off the tires without plastering the bike and my backside.

No way to avoid this one:

Img_1017A.jpg

And mushrooms! Really big ones.
This one was growing right in the middle of the trail. Nothing for scale, but the trail is about 4 feet wide at this point

View attachment 1

This fungus was about 1 foot across:

Another 0.6" last night. I wanted to check out the lunar eclipse but it started pouring right about the time the eclipse started. Luckily there was a break in the clouds right as the eclipse was at maximum, so I wasn't disappointed.

Was 35 degrees F this morning. Sunny and clear week ahead with highs in the low to mid 70’s F and lows in the 40’s F. :oops:

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ048&warncounty=CAC065&firewxzone=CAZ248&local_place1=5%20Miles%20ESE%20San%20Jacinto%20CA&product1=Wind+Advisory&lat=33.7614&lon=-116.8763#.XEkDn2a3PMI

Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 10am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Thursday Night
Showers likely before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Friday
A slight chance of showers after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
Friday Night
Showers likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Saturday
Showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
:)

OUCH! Colder today...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_6ff.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_6ff.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 1,294
tomjasz said:
OUCH! Colder today...

Geez, I don't miss that kind of weather. That's right around the freezing point of perfectly mixed antifreeze. There's going to be a lot of frozen cars.

I think I heard someone calling it "Chiberia" up there....

I hope we don't get high temperatures down here this summer as excessive as those cold temperatures up there!

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************************** :)

https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-ft.html
Widespread pineapple moisture amassing offshore as today’s system moves east. :|

RYNC1 HEMET/RYAN FIELD 0.48 1510
Valle Vista Station missing.

Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Rain, mainly after 4am. Low around 47. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday
Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 60. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
Rain before 10pm, then showers after 10pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 41. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Monday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Monday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

fechter said:
tomjasz said:
OUCH! Colder today...

Geez, I don't miss that kind of weather. That's right around the freezing point of perfectly mixed antifreeze. There's going to be a lot of frozen cars.

Dozens of car owners sighted have to jump and/or run heaters... NUTS!

Possible 40F this weekend. What a wild ride...

La Niña Rain Gage
********************************************************************************************************* :twisted:

Storm reaches from Canada to Mexico. Huge sweep of circulation and ocean wind fetch area, a memorable event for sure.
https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/nepac/h5-loop-ft.html

Happened to peek out the bathroom window and there is a small lake over the gravel, expecting to see fish tail-walking across the yard. :lol:

Here's the Pacific Southwest radar composite view loop as the front moves into Riverside County.
https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/pacsouthwest_loop.php

2.3" here since Friday. Still coming down occasionally. So far we're pretty close to normal for rainfall for the season.

La Niña Rain Gage
**************************************************************** :)

It just won't stop for now. About 2.1" since last reading. Almost 5" since Friday. Snow is being reported on the local peaks down to about 2,000'. Luckily the rain has been spread out enough to avoid flooding.

Back