How to connect pas etc. to Infineon EB3 Em3 ..?

zeccato

100 W
It seems to me that the pas can connect directly
to the control unit (true?) (to the 6-wire connector of the AC (or display) of the control unit,
(is in the middle see photo):

1 Battery Voltage Vcc-L (red
(I think it's battery indicator, my 48v., and I do not need to use it)
2 GND / Shunt + ve (black)
3 Shunt -ve / Shunt -ve (blue)
4 Shunt + ve / Shunt + ve (white)
5 Speed ​​Signal / HE (yellow)
6 Throttle signal / SLA. (green)

So: where do I connect pas directly without the diplay and c.a.?

My pas is different, I have read that not all pas are compatible
with the control units, but I want to try,
but the display looks the same.

If the pas is connected directly, programmed to
30% does not work,
I should also connect the display, so: how do I connect display and pas?

Or display and pas and Throttle cable for the function
6 km / h? (but in this case I would like throttle too with 100% chance).

Mine (it seems) has 2 sockets where it is possible
connect the Throttle,: the 5 pin (with cruise) and the 3 pin (right photo),
now I have connected to the 5 pin (photo on the left), but I have a void
about 15 degrees before departure,
what setting should I change?
Also to avoid abrupt departures, for
not to break the gears?

I would appreciate any advice on various settings of various kinds, thanks.

Note: Now the 12 fet EB3 IRFB4110 controller sensored em3ev is programmed for 12a 30a at 48v.
The C.A. I prefer not to have it.
If can program the pas directly without a display,
then the display i will not connect.
As I bought the control, I did not buy from them
pas and the display (I already had it), it's hard to make me
give precise details, the seller seems to me to say that the display pas connects as with C.a.
Sorry for the translation.
IMG_20190117_134833.jpgIMG_20190105_143015.jpg

If your controller did not come with PAS, it may not have a connector for it.

You cannot use the CA 6pin connector for it.

If the PAS is just a cadence sensor, with three wires, it's more likely any random controller might have a connector for it than if it's a torque sensor (which will probably have several wires).

But the controller still has to support it, and may also have to be setup for it in it's programming, either via an LCD display with buttons (to get into setup menus), or a computer with serial or USB port, with programming software supplied with teh controlelr (not usually available).

Since the controller you have came from EM3EV, you would need to look at the manual supplied by them, or contact them directly, to find out where to connect the PAS plug, and which wire of the PAS goes to which wire on the controller (they're not all the same wire order even if they ahve the same number of pins), assuming it supports PAS.

YOu'd also want to make sure you ask them if it does support it and how to set it up for that if it isn't already configured for it.

For changing the throttle response, you'd also need the programming software for teh computer, and the cable to connect to the computer, or if it supports changing settings via an LCD you could do that, if you also have the LCD made for that specific controller.

If you don't have the software or LCD, you'd have to get those from EM3EV, assuming it supports them. (not every controller does).

If your controller does not support PAS or changing throttle response, then you would either have to use something like the Cycle Analyst v3 or get a different controller that does support those.

amberwolf said:
If your controller did not come with PAS, it may not have a connector for it. ...........................

Thanks, the pas has 3 wires, with magnets.
I have usb software.
I would like to connect the 3wires pas, to the wires of the 6 pin C.A. of the controller to test, which wires do I connect to?
(controller 6 pin):
1 Battery Voltage Vcc-L (red
(I think it's battery indicator, my 48v., and I do not need to use it)
2 GND / Shunt + ve (black)
3 Shunt -ve / Shunt -ve (blue)
4 Shunt + ve / Shunt + ve (white)
5 Speed ​​Signal / HE (yellow)
6 Throttle signal / SLA. (green).

I'll do the connector later, I'm interested in how to connect the wires.

Em3ev were kind,
but my pas did not buy it from them, so it's difficult to get precise details.

I have read the manuals.

zeccato said:
I would like to connect the 3wires pas, to the wires of the 6 pin C.A. of the controller to test, which wires do I connect to?
(controller 6 pin):

Unfortunatley, as I already said, you can't.

It wont' work.

It can't work, because there is no signal from that PAS unit that can tell the controller anything it can understand.

You *could* damage the controller.

You *could* damage the PAS sensor.

You *can't* make the PAS work on that connector.

Unless you use a Cycle Analyst or some other device that translates the PAS sensor output into a throttle signal, you cannot make a simple PAS sensor work on that connector.

You would have to get the info on which connector you *can* use for it (if any) from EM3EV, or from the manufacturer of the controller, if the manual does not have it and if they are not labelled on the connector.

It is possible that the pads on teh circuit board inside have markings that might lead you to the right connector, but I dont' know what they might be, and couldnt' find a thread that has any info either.

amberwolf said:
zeccato said:
(controller 6 pin):

Unfortunatley, as I already said, you can't.

It wont' work.

It can't work, because there is no signal from that PAS unit that can tell the controller anything it can understand.

You *could* damage the controller.

You *could* damage the PAS sensor.

You *can't* make the PAS work on that connector.

Unless you use a Cycle Analyst or some other device that translates the PAS sensor output into a throttle signal, you cannot make a simple PAS sensor work on that connector.

You would have to get the info on which connector you *can* use for it (if any) from EM3EV, or from the manufacturer of the controller, if the manual does not have it and if they are not labelled on the connector.

It is possible that the pads on teh circuit board inside have markings that might lead you to the right connector, but I dont' know what they might be, and couldnt' find a thread that has any info either.
Thanks again, Em3ev sells this also combined with the controller, and I have a similar one,
but not bought from them,
can I try to connect it with the pas?
which wires and where to the controller 6pin?
IMG_20190105_143015.jpg

amberwolf said:
said:
I:.............
Perhaps you already know:
The topic was solved in this thread:

Thank you, greetings.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61913&p=1440254#p1440254

Back