My Bafang Ultra Mountain Bike! Frey AM1000

Hi,

Can you resend it in case I missed your email?
We are keep accept orders next week and we can try to deliver in late of February if your orders placed this period of time.

Regards,
Ivy

Gary77 said:
This Bike looks great!

I'm hoping frey bikes will respond to my email soon regarding options and pricing.

Has anyone had one shipped to South Africa?

Hi,

We got this parts from Bafang already, We can send you. can you please write an email again to me: sales@frey.bike
I hope I can arrange it for you today.

Regards,
Ivy

Marmalade said:
..just be aware that any bike with a bafang ultra motor is going to be impossible to repair if the seller decides not to help or closes up shop.

Recently received a reply directly from Bafang customer service that parts are absolutely not available to customers and they suggested I buy a whole new motor. So much for that 2 year warranty!

So, I'm babying my clutch at the moment in the hopes it won't give up in the middle of nowhere. Frey has been trying to get parts but it seems they are having as much luck as I did with Bafang.

edgreenz said:
I got a reply from Ivy about PAS problem. She suggested that the throttle being to close to the control buttons could cause electrical interference so I move it about an inch away and that had no effect. I disconnected the brake sensors one at a time and then both and no effect. I made sure all connectors are dry and fully connected, no effect.
I've discovered that the only way to get the PAS working is a quick push on the throttle. Sometimes by reverse pedaling quickly it will come back on line but this is not an option when climbing a hill. As long as I don't come to complete stop most of the time it will continue to provide assistance. If I slow down to much and stop pedaling it cuts out and a jab of throttle is necessary to get it on line again
It seems like it's a problem with the torque sensor. Prior to this problem the PAS would initiate by barely moving the pedal, which sometimes was a little dicey when I am picking my way through a narrow space and needing a little forward motion, the bike would lurch forward. I would keep one hand on the brake to cut the power.
Has anyone had the motor apart to understand how the torque sensor works. Could the contacts be contaminated or could this be a faulty sensor and how hard is it to replace.
I am writing this update of the above post which was based on all the things I did yesterday afternoon.
Today I took the bike out again for a 16 mi ride and it worked like it had before the problems mentioned above. I didn't do anything other than reset the trip mileage before I took off. What ever caused the problem will remain a mystery and I hope it doesn't happen again
Thanks to the folks who offered suggestions for a fix :D

I've been experiencing this problem. Did you ever have it again and figure out what was causing it?

I am still very interested in the "Fat Bike Hunter", I've sent numerous emails to all of the addresses I could find - but never a response.

Basic questions are about: Specifications - Pricing & Availability.

Cheers,

Tom

I have a Hunter model on order. Delayed 2 months due to rockshox fork not in stock. If you order one make sure shipment is ddp not dap. I order mine thru hangzhou newline tech, sales person Jerry Fang. Hangzhou Newline (Cinline Bikes)is in the same factory as Frey and the same bikes. This is according to Ivy, which is selling bikes as the Frey brand. Im going thru Alibaba. When using Aliba keep in mind chats are saved indifeniely on cell phone, but only stored for 7 days on computer. I suggest only using the Message system, not Chat on Alibaba if using computer in order to retain all communications with sales people. Paid asking price with fenders and front light added. Shipping 800 DDP method. Rockshox $135 additional over standard shock.

Hi all,
I have two questions, does anyone know the type of battery connector (male) that is used so I can order some replacements? I asked Ivy but they're on holidays. It's the one in the bike that the battery pops into.

how is everyone doing with the programming side of the Ultra?
I'm having a strange (programming) question, the motor only gives full power after a certain RPM is reached both torque sensor and throttle, how can I remedy this because in lower modes it hardly gets going?

If someone without this problem can tell me the controller settings, as this happens from standard factory settings.

Cheers
H

Still loving mine - I had a motorcycle accident last fall, and was not out on two wheel anything for a while. Getting back to moving again, and have commuted with the AM1000 a few times. I have to say I am very impressed with the Support from Ivy and the Frey team, and how the bikes continue to evolve and upgrade.

Can you guys post your favorite programming settings? I don't have the time to study what they all mean but would like to enjoy the bike. I would like to try some of your favorite settings out.

Chulen,

I’d appreciate it if you could let me know how it went when you get your "Fat Bike Hunter".

I had high hopes for Frey especially after 45 pages of good reviews, but not one response to my many emails means it’s not a company to deal with.

Cheers,

Tom

tomwingen said:
Chulen,

I’d appreciate it if you could let me know how it went when you get your "Fat Bike Hunter".

I had high hopes for Frey especially after 45 pages of good reviews, but not one response to my many emails means it’s not a company to deal with.

Cheers,

Tom

I didn't even know you could contact them via email. FWIW I always talked to them through the alibaba message interface, and they never failed to answer a single question from me, so am quite surprised to hear this.

tomwingen said:
Chulen,

Cheers,

Tom

All of China was on holidays until just this week, Chinese new year, It happens every year and everything shuts down. Try again now that they are open.

I’ve been trying to reach Ivy &/or Frey Bike for several months now, especially since they set up their, as yet to be completed web site http://www.frey.bike/. I’ve tried the listed emails sales@Frey.bike & freyebikes@gmail.com and of course, PM’d both FREYebikes & Ivy. Assuming I caught them at a bad time, I tried several times at each.

Finally, I posted here and as you can see, no response.

Since my questions are very basic, normally the type that are listed on a company web page, I don’t see the difficulty.

The "Fat Bike Hunter" looks, from the pictures, to be very interesting for my use.

BUT… If I can’t contact anyone about “Specifications - Pricing & Availability” then I have to keep looking. That’s why I am very interested in hearing about the bike Chulen gets and what his review is.

Hello,

Can you tell your email address? it seems I replied all emails and messages I got.

Regards,
Ivy

tomwingen said:
I’ve been trying to reach Ivy &/or Frey Bike for several months now, especially since they set up their, as yet to be completed web site http://www.frey.bike/. I’ve tried the listed emails sales@Frey.bike & freyebikes@gmail.com and of course, PM’d both FREYebikes & Ivy. Assuming I caught them at a bad time, I tried several times at each.

Finally, I posted here and as you can see, no response.

Since my questions are very basic, normally the type that are listed on a company web page, I don’t see the difficulty.

The "Fat Bike Hunter" looks, from the pictures, to be very interesting for my use.

BUT… If I can’t contact anyone about “Specifications - Pricing & Availability” then I have to keep looking. That’s why I am very interested in hearing about the bike Chulen gets and what his review is.

FREYebikes said:
Hello,

Can you tell your email address? it seems I replied all emails and messages I got.

Regards,
Ivy

Ivy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just sent you a PM on here with my email address.

Cheers,

Tom

Has anyone managed to figure out how to mount a rear rack to the AM1000? That's really what I would prefer but it seems that it's not really possible.

Hi Ivy,

Is it possible to use a Gates CDX belt drive with any of the models? I am wanting a full suspension commuter like many people here & a belt drive and IGH like enviolo or Shimano nexus would be the ultimate set up. I also +1 the question about a rear rack support on the AM1000

Hi,

It is possible to fix rear rack if we make a specific parts for fixing the rear rack. I think for few units is possible to satisfy this requirement in our side.

Regards,
Ivy

Honestly, I get the sense that Frey doesn't have enough staff. I've contacted Ivy and gotten replies but they're often extremely slow and no info. I don't see a point in waiting for Frey to get its act together so I went with a Biktrix Ultra FS.

I see lots of comments about "slow responses" from Frey on this thread:

1) I have purchased from Frey 5 or 6 times between buying bikes, buying frames and buying parts.

2) The only time I did not get a rapid and timely response is when I just emailed them direct.

3) After I joined and registered with Alibaba, I now contact Ivy thru Alibaba and I get a quick response every time!

4) On my last order there was some confusion, (mostly my fault) Frey came back and made it right for me without any hassle. I am very happy with the response, response time, value and quality from this company. 2 bikes, one frame one Bafang Ultra drive and numerous parts orders give me a legit track record to say this company responds and is all about service.

5) JOIN ALIBABA

6) A certain Ebike company in southern Calif. who offers online bikes and parts could take lessons from Ivy at Frey about customer service, value and quality...…..timely responses Etc. Etc. Etc.

Back